American Gladiators on NOW!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
It's so nostalgic to hear the Hulk shooting off "brudder" everytime he says a word.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
whats the point of the barrel roll? th eguy fell off without a penalty? he just went to the next thing.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Looks like someone from the new show is a fan of Sasuke, they borrowed the barrel roll from there. Anyway, this version is taking itself way to seriously.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
whats the point of the barrel roll? th eguy fell off without a penalty? he just went to the next thing.

Yeah, they need to add a deeper pit there like with the handbike. That way, there's a delay for the competitor to get back on the course.

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
Show was good, if I catch it on TV i'd watch, but I'm not going out of my way to watch this show.

Parrotheader

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 1999
Glad to see they've stuck to the show's cheesy roots. As it should be.

The Eliminator tore first two female athletes a new one. I wasn't sure either would ever finish.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Parrotheader
The Eliminator tore first two female athletes a new one. I wasn't sure either would ever finish.

Yep, like I said in the other thread, it looks like the swim and then the rope climb nearly completely saps the energy out of the competitors. They all start running dead legged after that.

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
I wish they didn't have to be so dramatic though. The damn commercial breaks were killing me. I felt like I was watching an episode of Lost or Prison Break.