American Gladiators on NOW!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: purbeast0
i finally got around to watching it last night and i enjoyed it. the way some of them screw up on the travelator makes me wonder if the whole thing is staged (atlast who wins and who doesnt). also them seemed to make it a lot more dramatic than it needs to be. you can't even hear the clinking of the rings on hang tough because they have some metal music playing in the background.

i also think these competitors are pussies compared to the guys in the old show. i remember on the old show when the guys did the handbike, most of them just flew by it. these guys look like they have no clue how to do it and struggle the whole way accross. and the travelator just seems ridiculous. the treadmill looks to be going slower than the one on the old show, AND it has a rope, but I must admit its longer than the one in the old show.

i dunno i think it's entertaining but way too dramatic, and i'm still not convinced that the final outcome is not staged.

I was disapointed that in the new eliminator they don't have the three different "doors" with the gladiators hiding behind them that you have to bust throught to finish.

Foam blocks? BOOOO! I want to see somebody get pancaked against the plexiglass. :D

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: purbeast0
i also think these competitors are pussies compared to the guys in the old show. i remember on the old show when the guys did the handbike, most of them just flew by it. these guys look like they have no clue how to do it and struggle the whole way accross. and the travelator just seems ridiculous. the treadmill looks to be going slower than the one on the old show, AND it has a rope, but I must admit its longer than the one in the old show.

If I remember correctly, the treadmill was the first obstacle in the old show. It is now the last obstacle and the contestants look gassed by the time they get to it.

I also remember quite a few of the guys struggling on the handbike.

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: NFS4
Wow. Evan is a friggin' MONSTER!!!!

Last night was the first time I'd seen any of the new incarnation of the show. He was definitely quick, his rock wall training obviously helped him there and he didn't make many mistakes.

The "cheese factor" on the whole show was too high for me though. Even if it wasn't the finale, I don't think I would watch it again.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I wish the show wouldn't reward agility over strength so much, all the competitors are lightweight, fit, boring people that don't stand a chance (especially the men) in things like joust where extra strength and weight would obviously be a plus.