AMD stock up 20% after conference call! (52% in 1 day!)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xLegenday

Nov 2, 2014
And apparently even Apple is not safe anymore... -7% after earnings miss.
The most important stuff like phones, tables, macs all dropped double digit in sales!

If apple doesn't innovate in a new category I'm guessing not even long term is a good investment.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
And apparently even Apple is not safe anymore... -7% after earnings miss.
The most important stuff like phones, tables, macs all dropped double digit in sales!

If apple doesn't innovate in a new category I'm guessing not even long term is a good investment.

Great buying opportunity for Apple tmrw if it slides even more. It's a solid company, but yes they definitely have to do something other than iPhones as that stuff is totally saturated. Problem is they have no visionary leader. Tim Cook is more of an accountant type, not exactly some one u want leading a tech company known for innovation.

Funny how the whole tech sector is getting beaten to a pulp except AMD! lol who would've thought?

Last edited:

turtile

Aug 19, 2014
Great buying opportunity for Apple tmrw if it slides even more. It's a solid company, but yes they definitely have to do something other than iPhones as that stuff is totally saturated. Problem is they have no visionary leader. Tim Cook is more of an accountant type, not exactly some one u want leading a tech company known for innovation.

Funny how the whole tech sector is getting beaten to a pulp except AMD! lol who would've thought?

I wouldn't touch APPL until if heads back to the low 90s. The stock market it already high and a sell off like the last one may push it to the 80s.

Aug 11, 2008

Well, AMD is doing so well mainly because they were close to historical lows a few months ago, and are trying to come back from very low market share in cpus and dgpus. They do seem to have a nice mix of products though, with the consoles, semi-custom, licensing agreements, and new cpus and dgpus. I still would view their stock as very risky though. Could go up to 10 dollars if everything works out to the best case, but one major setback could set the stock reeling again.