AMD Ryzen (Summit Ridge) Benchmarks Thread (use new thread)

Page 261 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinCry

Platinum Member
Jul 28, 2015
Hate to be THAT guy, but don't go buying Zen until we know how it handles draw calls.

Which requires one of our users to buy a Zen CPU, pair it with an AMD GPU, and run it through that instancing demo.

'Cause if AMD still hasn't cured their draw call deficit, it's going to suck in games like Fallout and Skyrim.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Not sure how amd justify $100 extra for 100mhz more. Is it the stock cooler?

Debbie Downer interpretation: You're lucky to get > 3.8GHz on lower binned parts, even with manual overclocking. Cough up $100 extra to have a shot at 4GHz+.

Unknown: all core turbo max?

CentroX

Apr 3, 2016
Debbie Downer interpretation: You're lucky to get > 3.8GHz on lower binned parts, even with manual overclocking. Cough up $100 extra to have a shot at 4GHz+.

What if 4ghz is the max overclock on air

Doom2pro

Apr 2, 2016

Yep, you get that extra base without having to OC and in the same thermal/voltage envelope as lower SKUs.

Reactions: Drazick

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I hope I can at least match my 4.6ghz OC. If not, then the IPC benefits will start to shrink.

Absolute0

Nov 9, 2005
Canard PC didn't have issues getting to 5Ghz on air single core, or are you talking about 4Ghz base OC?

We don't know if that's 5 Ghz figure is stable however, and in the absence of any evidence, we should be inclined to be critical and assume this was just screenshot stable at 5 Ghz. Big difference from multiple hours prime stable or something... But yes the big question is, how much headroom does Ryzen have. To me the other question is, how much are the 1600X/1700X/1800X turboing up to with their XFR feature during these benchmarks? is 1800X actually clocking at 4.0 Ghz or is it turboing to 4.1, 4.2.... 4.3??? Because if that's the case then it's being benchmarked close to its max air OC, on AMD's "X-series" 140 TDP heatsink anyways...

So, just terribly coded and optimized bethesda games? That's not much of a loss.
http://gamingbolt.com/skyrim-fallout-4-have-millions-of-daily-players-bethesda

Last edited:

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Hate to be THAT guy, but don't go buying Zen until we know how it handles draw calls.

Which requires one of our users to buy a Zen CPU, pair it with an AMD GPU, and run it through that instancing demo.

'Cause if AMD still hasn't cured their draw call deficit, it's going to suck in games like Fallout and Skyrim.

So, just terribly coded and optimized bethesda games? That's not much of a loss.

sirmo

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2011
Doesn't even matter if that 5Ghz on air figure is stable or not. It still bodes well for the architecture in general. If it's not 100% stable at 5Ghz, means it's stable at 4.7Ghz which would be pretty good.

I would be happy if we could hit 4.2Ghz on all cores on air.

Reactions: Space Tyrant

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
So what cooling solution are you all expecting to use? I saw another website that said the 1800x and 1700x would need really good cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.