Question AMD Ryzen 5000 - AVAILABILITY

Kocicak

Jan 17, 2019
Has AMD commented about availability of the new 5000 series processors? Should it be better than the last time?

Here in Czechia at launch only 1 retailer had them in stock, 5950X and 5900X went quickly, 5800X and 5600X held a little bit longer but in about half an hour all were gone. None to be seen anywhere now.

Reactions: nikomsuman

Qwertilot

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2013
Worse availability than last time most likely because of the crazy demand spike, not anything else.

Supply is logically going to be rather good. Same process, some more wafers with Apple moved off etc.

phillyman36

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2004
Whats the deal with Amazon? They havent had any rtx 3080 nor 5900x on the first day from what i can tell. It took about 6-7 hours for my Microcenter to sell out of the 5900x. I would have one If i would have been able to get there.

shinjuku

Nov 5, 2020
i've been checking BHphoto, bestbuy and newegg mainly, just checked right now, none in stock, not surprsing. i can't even find the 3000 cards and the 5000 cpus on amazon search. so i dont even bother. i'll be checking everyday just before i leave for work.

lightmanek

Feb 19, 2017
Poland had decent stock but it sold out in few hurs, UK in minutes but I've managed to grab 5900X from my supplier. Technically you can still buy new Ryzens via Scan.co.uk in CPU + Mobo + RAM bundles, good way to scare scalplers but not ideal for someone just upgrading CPU.

Reactions: Tlh97 and Gideon

Gideon

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2007
Poland had decent stock but it sold out in few hurs, UK in minutes but I've managed to grab 5900X from my supplier. Technically you can still buy new Ryzens via Scan.co.uk in CPU + Mobo + RAM bundles, good way to scare scalplers but not ideal for someone just upgrading CPU.
Yeah, people here are also buying successfully from scan.co.uk.

gdansk

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2011
Last year (in the states anyhow) the 3950X wasn't really available until January. I expect the 5950X to be nearly always sold out until after the holiday buying glut.

Rigg

May 6, 2020
My local Micro Center took several hours to sell out. The 5900x sold out first but 5600x and 5800x were in stock for a good chunk of the day. I suspect we'll see that 5900x and 5950x stock is limited for several months. I think that the 6 and 8 core stock will be more limited than Zen 2 was initially but not impossible to buy. I'm more worried about mobo availability for the next few months. They should be able to churn out a ton of these CPU's though demand will be insane. I don't think we'll see a Nvidia situation on anything but the R9's.

Kocicak

Jan 17, 2019
I went to see what is going on in Germany, mindfactory.de retailer does not even have these processors listed. Why? Was this a paper launch and the real availability starts later, or what is going on?

BTW the CPU I ordered here was shown "in stock", but nothing happened since. Weird. Possibly an imaginery stock or something... "We are provisioning the goods. We will send you an email once we know more" Buggers.

Last edited:

lightmanek

Feb 19, 2017
I went to see what is going on in Germany, mindfactory.de retailer does not even have these processors listed. Why? Was this a paper launch and the real availability starts later, or what is going on?

BTW the CPU I ordered here was shown "in stock", but nothing happened since. Weird. Possibly an imaginery stock or something... "We are provisioning the goods. We will send you an email once we know more" Buggers.

Not for me, my 5900X shipped today for tomorrow's delivery.
It wasn't as easy to buy as add to basket and check out, but doing it old-fashioned way of phoning a person at the retailer did the trick.

In UK, just in one online shop there were over 2000 people waiting to buy 5900X! Add to that other models with more or less people online pressing F5 and you can imagine that even 50000 CPUs could sell in 1h in just UK if there was enough stock.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
well b&h had preorders for it, to bad i have x470 and dont care about the release to much. i did check out the reviews and noticed barely beating intel in a few games and losing in other games.

Golgatha

Lifer
Jul 18, 2003
Whats the deal with Amazon? They havent had any rtx 3080 nor 5900x on the first day from what i can tell. It took about 6-7 hours for my Microcenter to sell out of the 5900x. I would have one If i would have been able to get there.

You're lucky. I got to Micro Center at opening time and all but the 5600X were gone. I really have my heart set on a 5900X, so I'm holding out for that.

Kocicak

Jan 17, 2019
The situation here is as follows: The largest retailer has nothing, another has just 5800x in stock claiming unknown delivery date of the other models and yet another retailer has 5600X and 5800x in stock with unknown delivery date for the other two models.

Every other retailer seem not to have sold anything yet or have nothing in stock at the moment.

yeshua

Aug 7, 2019
i've been checking BHphoto, bestbuy and newegg mainly, just checked right now, none in stock, not surprsing. i can't even find the 3000 cards and the 5000 cpus on amazon search. so i dont even bother. i'll be checking everyday just before i leave for work.

There's no need to check manually since you can always get real time notifications from https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/processors/amd/

Reactions: killster1

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
EU retailer reports 5000 series was the fastest selling CPU launch they've ever seen. Mindfactory said they had thousands of units available on launch day and sold completely through within 2 hours. AMD also told retailers, "stock coming through for the new CPUs will be significant." So hopefully inventories will be replenished soon with a significant amount of CPUs for those still hoping to grab one.

Kocicak

Jan 17, 2019
Hmm, an indicator about how many new CPUs sold is a number of older CPUs hitting a second hand market. At least here the number is not high yet.

Wondering what is a standard period between AMD supplies, is it a week, two weeks? A month?

BTW wherever I looked, they write "delivery date unknown". Why is this? If the next (or first) big shipment comes in e.g. 2 weeks, why not to inform customers about that?

Last edited:

teejee

Jul 4, 2013
Hmm, an indicator about how many new CPUs sold is a number of older CPUs hitting a second hand market. At least here the number is not high yet.

Wondering what is a standard period between AMD supplies, is it a week, two weeks? A month?

BTW wherever I looked, they write "delivery date unknown". Why is this? If the next (or first) big shipment comes in e.g. 2 weeks, why not to inform customers about that?

The next shipments the resellers get are already booked of course. You cannot see anything about new shipments by checking the resellers websites, those dates are for orders made today, and not for all orders in their backlog from last week.

It will probably take months before 5000-series is common to see in stock, but there will be continous supply from AMD to the resellers during this time that goes directly to customers.