AMD advocate program

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
"logic dictates that they are here on one of the worlds biggest tech message boards" If that's all the proof you have, it's about the weakest sauce there is. That is a classic witch hunt.

This program clearly states it's parameters and objectives. Nowhere does it say they want people to post anonymously on forums hawking AMD gear. They specifically state that there will be transparency, which is required by law.

Your denial is astounding and screams ignorance. You really do protest way too much. If I though anyone was a part of AMD stealth viral marketing I'd have to say it was....... Psyche.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Well I imagine if there are any shills here one of the reasons they don't come out is because they don't want to get Key'ed by the Nvidia crowd.

The way Keys gets treated is shameful.

I think I've always been civil with Keys and asked nicely for proof of his claim (not the first time as he has made the claim several times). Unfortunately he can't provide any, yet continuously makes that claim. If he is going to make statements like that, he should expect to be asked for proof, and I will do so nicely each time.

As for the article, did anyone go to Austin?

Last edited:

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
Your denial is astounding and screams ignorance. You really do protest way too much. If I though anyone was a part of AMD stealth viral marketing I'd have to say it was....... Psyche.

Was there something that I said you'd like to comment on? Simply more hollow baseless accusations, which is all you have when this topic arises.

BallaTheFeared

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2010
And what is known? People have been asked repeatedly to offer proof but have offered nothing but opinion at best.

You're asking for a smoking gun, that's not unfortunately how these things work.

The sad part is, once there was undeniable proof, people would still deny it based on the ol AMD vs Nvidia hangup.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
Lol. Keys your witch hunt has been funny to follow but at the end of the day is baseless. Avoid the proof and pop in and stir the pot now and then. Well done. If only you were so focused when discussing nv's flaws too rather then trying to discredit the poster when there is proof.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Lol. Keys your witch hunt has been funny to follow but at the end of the day is baseless. Avoid the proof and pop in and stir the pot now and then. Well done. If only you were so focused when discussing nv's flaws too rather then trying to discredit the poster when there is proof.

Baseless. I say it has quite the foundation now and has grown legs to boot. That's all you really need to know. You and Thilan and 3DVagabond. You can deny there is a viral presence here all you wish. Won't make a difference.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
You're asking for a smoking gun, that's not unfortunately how these things work.

That's sort of how things worked with AEG. nVidia actually acknowledged it IIRC, and THEN the people part of the program disclosed themselves. I can't remember what got the ball rolling though.

So why no smoking gun in this case if a program does exist? Why jump to the conclusion that it MUST exist? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?...we're not all living in France(?) are we? :D

Baseless. I say it has quite the foundation now and has grown legs to boot. That's all you really need to know. You and Thilan and 3DVagabond. You can deny there is a viral presence here all you wish. Won't make a difference.
Where did I deny it? Asking for proof is not denial. At least in my world it isn't.

EDIT: Sorry Virge, no more posts from me in this thread. Asked for proof...got nothing except opinions and insinuations as usual. Moving on.

Last edited:

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Keep it up, please.

Looking for this?

clickme_zps9778e9bc.jpg

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
That's sort of how things worked with AEG. nVidia actually acknowledged it IIRC, and THEN the people part of the program disclosed themselves. I can't remember what got the ball rolling though.

So why no smoking gun in this case if a program does exist? Why jump to the conclusion that it MUST exist? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?...we're not all living in France(?) are we? :D

Where did I deny it? Asking for proof is not denial. At least in my world it isn't.

Asking for a specific form of proof, kinda is. Thilan, you're asking for SPECIFIC proof (in this case an actual who) that you know cannot be given. Why? Because when you don't get it, then it doesn't exist. Please you and I have been around for a long time. Lets not insult each others intelligence. For you to argue there isn't any stealth marketing is utterly insane. My argument is far more probable or likely than your impossible one.

Last edited:

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
Where did I ask for that? All I've ever seen is nonsense, opinion, innuendo, mud slinging, Keys insulting and calling out anyone that does not agree with his witch hunt. Maybe it's just me but Keys should spend his time representing Nvidia and offering support to people with the hardware, but instead he spends all his time insulting people, talking crap about AMD, telling anyone that will listen how AMD is going out of business (apparently it happened 3 months ago), how they are engaged in some phantom viral marketing program. And of course telling us to go to the "troll free zone" where Rollo happens to post. I mean really, is there anything productive going on here?
Looking for this?

clickme_zps9778e9bc.jpg
Do you think your post should be reported?

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
Where did I ask for that? All I've ever seen is nonsense, opinion, innuendo, mud slinging, Keys insulting and calling out anyone that does not agree with his witch hunt. Maybe it's just me but Keys should spend his time representing Nvidia and offering support to people with the hardware, but instead he spends all his time insulting people, talking crap about AMD, telling anyone that will listen how AMD is going out of business (apparently it happened 3 months ago), how they are engaged in some phantom viral marketing program. And of course telling us to go to the "troll free zone" where Rollo happens to post. I mean really, is there anything productive going on here?

I'd love for you to show me attacking anyone who didn't attack me first. Doesn't make it ok, but it's the order that's important. You see what you want, or need to, AnandthenMan.

AnandThenMan

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2004
I'd love for you to show me attacking anyone who didn't attack me first. Doesn't make it ok, but it's the order that's important. You see what you want, or need to, AnandthenMan.
No it doesn't make it okay. You should be spending your time representing Nvidia instead of wasting your time on these pointless agendas. You seem completely obsessed with AMD you talk about them constantly and I don't understand why.

Which is very odd because you've made it crystal clear that AMD is going out of business any day now, so what is the point of even bothering talking about them or some clandestine marking program? Several times I've wanted to ask you questions about my Nvidia hardware but just didn't bother, you know why? Because you're constantly abrasive, dismissive, and insulting people that don't agree with you, so I just went somewhere else to ask.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
No it doesn't make it okay. You should be spending your time representing Nvidia instead of wasting your time on these pointless agendas. You seem completely obsessed with AMD you talk about them constantly and I don't understand why.

Which is very odd because you've made it crystal clear that AMD is going out of business any day now, so what is the point of even bothering talking about them or some clandestine marking program? Several times I've wanted to ask you questions about my Nvidia hardware but just didn't bother, you know why? Because you're constantly abrasive, dismissive, and insulting people that don't agree with you, so I just went somewhere else to ask.

Please do not tell me how I should be spending MY time, else someone will tell you how to spend yours. I don't represent Nvidia. My opinions are my own and you know that.

Oh, btw, I didn't start this thread. It is a HIGHLY volatile topic and tends to meet with diametrically opposed views, like yours and mine.
If you think I'm abrasive, dismissive and insulting, that would be because I'm constantly baited, flamed and attacked because of who I am on this forum.
You need to get things straight and look at what actually goes on. I give as I get. If I get nice nice, I give nice nice. If you troll me, you're done.

Have a good night.

wand3r3r

Diamond Member
May 16, 2008
Ok, so if I call keys out for all the biased mud slinging and witch hunts it equates to being 'part' of the competitors imaginary / alleged marketing in his book. Avoid bringing facts, just paranoid suspicion and smearing.

Keys you just hurt nv with all your baseless mud slinging and tarnishing. They really should update the NV guidebook.

Keys just turn it into 'everyones' against me, avoid facing facts, you are just smearing amd endlessly and trying to pass off your paranoia and hatred of amd to everyone. If you stuck to a supportive role vs. a destructive one I'd just ignore you but when you bash the competitor just because you are being bribed, it doesn't fly and I'll speak up.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Cool it guys. Member call outs are not allowed. The last few posts contribute nothing and have been removed.

Firestorm007

Dec 9, 2010
Ummm. Who did I call out exactly? And how? A blanket accusation to what group of people even? I DO however think that every time this subject comes up, there is an absolutely INCREDIBLE amount of opposition for it in these forums. Some would say too much. Is that a blanket accusation? or an observation? As for your last sentence, I'm working on that.
You're smarter than that; come on man....You knew this would be a volatile subject; and for the record, I don't dislike you, I just don't get why you do what you do sometimes.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
You know, I've been thinking. You know what company seems to get a lot of recommendations here? Newegg!!!! Makes sense that there would have to be Newegg shills on a tech forum this size. :p

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
I had a pretty good discussion regarding "stealth marketing and shills" with railven so I'm not beating the dead horse again.But that discussion was civil and rational compared to this nonsense what is going on here.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Wow! Nice thread that I've almost missed!

I've been here long enough and I think some members might recognize my turkey avatar. Let me tell you, I have secretly been resenting that I have never been offered or invited to.. umm... what should I say, something mutually beneficial from corporations.

Bring me offers. I'm game. :sneaky:

Yup, that's what I thought. But again, I'm a reasonable person. Don't be afraid. :biggrin:

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
I'm against "sponsored users" if they don't make clear that this is the case, if they do, I see no problem...

NTMBK

Lifer
Nov 14, 2011
I really don't want to see naked skinny geeks wrestling in Jello. :thumbsdown: And I will now hate you forever for that awful image in my head. There is not enough bleach in the world to wash that out.

Alternatively:

2265076480_72a16a90fb_z.jpg

ATI-Booth-Babe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.