Am I the only person that want Youtube to be shut down?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Once you have a kid, you'll understand the value of it as a toddler distraction tool. There is more free kids programming on there than anywhere else.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Once you have a kid, you'll understand the value of it as a toddler distraction tool. There is more free kids programming on there than anywhere else.

Or...don't have a kid. I think sometimes people forget that is an option.

(and to keep it on topic) No one wants to watch episode 5 of <insert current annoying childrens show> 100 times in a row on Youtube.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
a few people/companies make millions

but there are many many more people who make hundreds or thousands doing what they love and sharing it with people

you want to get rid of that too?

i ignore most of the youtube content, but have found a few channels that i love to watch.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
I'm tire of people making millions off Youtube and I'm tire of the quality of gaming we get nowadays because Youtube is a free advertisement off hype for gaming developer and publisher.

It no coincidence gaming became bad the moment Youtube was created.

Youtube is the devil playground.

The value of YT to myself is extremely high. The usefulness of MOST of the videos there is very high. There is much more to YT than just gaming ... you should check it out.

Me thinks that you might be an Internet troll starting threads like this ...

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Or...don't have a kid. I think sometimes people forget that is an option.

(and to keep it on topic) No one wants to watch episode 5 of <insert current annoying childrens show> 100 times in a row on Youtube.

If you want to get married, not having a kid is not considered to be an option for most women. You're fighting both hormones and decades of peer pressure on that one.

I guess that becoming gay or getting an inflatable girlfriend is always an option :)

And, yes... if the kid wants to watch the same damn episode of Peppa Pig or Octonauts for the dozenth time you're gonna friggin watch it or experience a screaming tantrum of epic proportions. You'll learn to pick and choose your battles as a parent, and that's not one worth fighting. Save that effort for when it's time to convince your kid to put on a hat (or even pants!) before going outside when it's 5 degrees outside.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Youtube is not just about gaming.

Someone obviously never gets lost and winds up somehow in the "weird" section while browsing youtube.

Blue_Max

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2011
I always end up in the weird section.

maxresdefault.jpg

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
Then don't use it?

Youtube is used for other things then gaming mind you. If I wanted to see some gameplay of a game I might want to buy I could go to Youtube and see what its like. Or be entertained by humorous videos. That's not a horrible thing.

Me not using it doesn't make sense. How does me not watching YT make games better? It doesn't.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
LOL. What the hell? This made me laugh. I'm tire Hahahahahahha.
Is this some sort of troll post?

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
YT doesn't affect the quality of games. Whether you watch YT or not. If you don't like YT, don't watch it.

Problem solved.

I like YT, I just don't like people making millions off of it and games being poorly optimize and unfinished because of YT. I don't like company bribing game journalists and YT game paid reviewers... and that guy...pewdiepie

@ Differences of opinion does not make one a troll, it make one unique :thumbsup:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Your cause and effect meters need tweaked.

As for stuff you don't like on YT...it's easy, skip them.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I like YT, I just don't like people making millions off of it and games being poorly optimize and unfinished because of YT. I don't like company bribing game journalists and YT game paid reviewers... and that guy...pewdiepie

@ Differences of opinion does not make one a troll, it make one unique :thumbsup:

I find this claim to be lacking evidence.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

You already said all that.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I'm tire of people making millions off Youtube and I'm tire of the quality of gaming we get nowadays because Youtube is a free advertisement off hype for gaming developer and publisher.

It no coincidence gaming became bad the moment Youtube was created.

Youtube is the devil playground.

In other news: thehotsung8701A tells kids to they better stay off his lawn!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Perhaps but to say that YT has no effect on gaming hype and disappointment cannot be refuted. I don't know how much effect it has, but it still has one nonetheless.

You probably aren't entirely wrong, it's even an interesting question to some degree, but spouting off a statement like that without at least a few cases of sound causal links makes it look like you took a few pills straight to crazy town.

Plus, the Engrish really hurts your delivery.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
You probably aren't entirely wrong, it's even an interesting question to some degree, but spouting off a statement like that without at least a few cases of sound causal links makes it look like you took a few pills straight to crazy town.

Plus, the Engrish really hurts your delivery.

Someday there probably going to be a documentary on Youtube and how it impacted gaming both negatively and positively and I'll end up looking like a genius :sneaky:

This was just my opinion and not a thread that provide links to how YT effect gaming, though I get your point.

I am multilingual so my English is very good if I write an essay and spellcheck my mistake but when it come to writing on forum, English contradict the languages I know and it really hard and people always give me a hard time. Like how this is the writing of college graduate from a UC, and what a joke or say I'm baiting cause I didn't graduate from college or what not. Truth is, I'm very smart, being able to speak 3 languages is something I'm proud off. For example, I always have trouble with "your" and "you're" because the languages I know don't have that, basically "your" and "you're" is spell the same. I feel it so wrong to judge someone base on their English grammar as not a college graduate when people don't realize a lot of people who aren't good with English are bilingual or multilingual.

And Yes I know that was horrible sentence structure and probably grammatical but I assure you if I only had to learn one language as a kid, I would not be making these mistake ():)

xantub

Feb 12, 2014
I don't see how you can think YT is a negative influence on games. Before, I had to rely on subjective descriptions and screenshots to see if I wanted to buy a game or if it was for me. Now I just search in YT for "<game> gameplay" and see for myself actual game footage, not carefully selected by the marketing department to decide. Add to that the fact that for complex games like Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, etc. watching someone play for a bit or watching a tutorial is much better than reading the manual or going through the in-game tutorial.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
I don't see how you can think YT is a negative influence on games. Before, I had to rely on subjective descriptions and screenshots to see if I wanted to buy a game or if it was for me. Now I just search in YT for "<game> gameplay" and see for myself actual game footage, not carefully selected by the marketing department to decide. Add to that the fact that for complex games like Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Victoria 2, etc. watching someone play for a bit or watching a tutorial is much better than reading the manual or going through the in-game tutorial.

I don't feel YT is bad entirely just when it come to its gaming section. Developers and Publisher just have to bride and paid popular gaming Youtuber like AngryJoe, Machinia, etc... and those subscriber will buy those games. That is the problem I have.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
[...] the languages I know don't have that, basically "your" and "you're" is spell the same.

What languages?

At least in (Brazilian) Portuguese, and very probably every romantic language, that is false.

your = sua/seu
you're (you are) = você é/está

I don't know much about language structure outside of English and some Portuguese, but I feel like the two English terms are different enough that no language expresses them the same.

And I know and am around plenty of people for whom English is not a first language. They've usually been very proficient in their grammar, but I'm sure a huge part of that being surrounded by English since they're in the US.