Alky's thread.

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I don't get "iced coffee". So it's coffee that you put over ice because you're a girl and can't drink it hot?

No. I drink iced coffee cuz its brewed way stronger than straight coffee and I can rapidly consume an entire drink without waiting for it to cool down

Sipping hot coffee is for cheating pussies.

surfsatwerk

Lifer
Mar 6, 2008
No. I drink iced coffee cuz its brewed way stronger than straight coffee and I can rapidly consume an entire drink without waiting for it to cool down

Sipping hot coffee is for cheating pussies.

I drink hot coffee by the gulp along with my vodka enema. Breakfast of champions.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
which model is that? if the coverage is that good it would solve some of the issues i have

Keep in mind most modern wireless networks utilize dual bands/dual radios to solve the speed issues when a G or B client joins a faster network. Not everything is on N.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
my issues arent with speed its with coverage and getting things to play nice with each other. i really dont need N speed. actually im not sure i even have a device that can do N, i just need to cover the entire house/yard. if 1 device can do that its a win win

Nov 7, 2000
some custom firmwares like dd-wrt allow for strengthening the signal. it made a huge difference on my old AP. we are in a 3.5 story townhouse with lots of competing signals and it was fine.

since then i wired the house and just use the verizon router for the less important stuff

jupiter57

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2001
I still don't know how to pour properly... they bubble too much thus lose the CO2.

Ah yes, the fizz loss!

Here's how I do it:
Pour the (cold) Coke in the glass, much like a beer, tilt the glass & pour slowly, the less foam the better.
Once all the Coke is in the glass, gently lower the ice into the coke.

Voila: fizzy Coke in a glass!
Refreshing!

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
It's glass... Don't drop them...got mine from dollar store, basically Anchor rejects.

Those are so stupidly fragile that it's not funny. Someone in the house broke at least 3 or 4 over 2 years. They usually fell into the sink a whole couple inches.

Think I saw them at crappy tire last week for cheap - comes in a package of at least 4.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Those are so stupidly fragile that it's not funny. Someone in the house broke at least 3 or 4 over 2 years. They usually fell into the sink a whole couple inches.

Think I saw them at crappy tire last week for cheap - comes in a package of at least 4.

Mine is like ten year old...

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Ah yes, the fizz loss!

Here's how I do it:
Pour the (cold) Coke in the glass, much like a beer, tilt the glass & pour slowly, the less foam the better.
Once all the Coke is in the glass, gently lower the ice into the coke.

Voila: fizzy Coke in a glass!
Refreshing!

also, wetting the ice helps because dry ice has a rough surface, too many nucleation sites for bubbles to form.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

yeah the ones i had were very fragile but my favorite glass to use.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
beer_glass_4E384C3B-F583-E4C6-B0F48D3C2A0F5F21.gif