Alabama Supreme Court halts all same-sex marriages

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
The above is probably just my usual sarcasm and in no way reflects my real opinion (and,or) may include subtleties of sufficient rarity as to appear to the unsuspecting like total gibberish. It may not be so much a matter that I'm far out, but rather that you have never been anywhere.

Whatever. Go fuck yourself.

-John

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The above is probably just my usual sarcasm and in no way reflects my real opinion (and,or) may include subtleties of sufficient rarity as to appear to the unsuspecting like total gibberish. It may not be so much a matter that I'm far out, but rather that you have never been anywhere.

Whatever. Go fuck yourself.

-John

No need. The orgasm I got from punching through your hymen like ego will satisfy me till next week. I love the ones that are easy. Go fuck myself......hehehe, sorry about all the bleeding. I'll be sure to add "easily bleeds" to my list of reason to avoid having an ego. PS, you haven't been anywhere, have you?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
No, they do. But I guess in the bizarre section of the world you live in where a public business can refuse service to blacks because otherwise it would be slavery, it makes perfect sense that gays couldn't be teachers, because that would be... also slavery? I don't really know. After all, that's the real meaning of freedom; you have the freedom to be exactly like me.
You might think they do, but they really don't.

There's not a gay man teaching third graders anywhere in the world.

Government, society, won't allow it.

-John

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Government is great! Fixes Blacks, Fixes Gays.

Everyone is happy.

Except Blacks. Or Gays.

-John

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009

-John

You made the claim, now prove it.

Bet you can't while I'm almost positive that I can show at least one such 3rd grade teacher in the U.S.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Bullshit. If that were true, anti-miscegenation laws would be Constitutional. (Go ahead and look up what it means. We'll wait)

There aren't any, because the country doesn't work that way. That's why Alabama can't do shit about this except look stupid.

You're from Alabama, aren't you?

hold on..need to link previous actual Constitution because your reading comprehension isn't as good as you think it is.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/tenth_amendment

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

Which means,If the people want something a certain way,and it is not directly addressed in the Constitution before this amendment,then what the people vote for stands,and the Executive and Judicial branch can bite it...
and that's what it says.
This country was not set up to have some large,looming central government.

Last edited:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
hold on..need to link previous actual Constitution because your reading comprehension isn't as good as you think it is.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/tenth_amendment

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people."

Which means,If the people want something a certain way,and it is not directly addressed in the Constitution before this amendment,then what the people vote for stands,and the Executive and Judicial branch can bite it...
and that's what it says.

This country was not set up to have some large,looming central government.

So in your view, we're living under the set of amendments ratified in 1791, and no Amendments ratified since then have any effect.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
So in your view, we're living under the set of amendments ratified in 1791, and no Amendments ratified since then have any effect.

Liberal shill #3 posts. :rolleyes:

Jhhnn,Shira,eskimospy..

all in cubicles next to each other.

Debating what kind of Hotpocket they'll nuke for lunch...after trolling the forums.

Do I believe in the founding father's vision of America?
Yes I do;What is it you believe in?
A bigger govt?
People being slaves?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
You might think they do, but they really don't.

-John
o_O
I don't see how it's so awful bad if a gay man teaches kids..as long as he doesn't try to impose his sexuality upon them and is a good teacher.

We all (locally) had a hard time learning Spanish because the Spanish teacher was gay..and we could tell..
So you.. know..my boy over there asks.."Sir,Can you tell me what maricon means"?
..and..he (the teacher) turned a certain kind of purple.
Actually he wasn't a bad teacher..but..actually too flamboyant to be effective.
I hope this makes sense.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

To argue that the constitution cannot be altered by subsequent amendments is either one of the most woefully misinformed viewpoints I've had the pleasure to hear recently or denial on an scale that's almost incomprehensible. It was made deliberately difficult to amend as a measure of protection since it could be.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Liberal shill #3 posts. :rolleyes:

Jhhnn,Shira,eskimospy..

all in cubicles next to each other.

Debating what kind of Hotpocket they'll nuke for lunch...after trolling the forums.

Do I believe in the founding father's vision of America?
Yes I do;What is it you believe in?
A bigger govt?
People being slaves?
So your non-response confirms that you believe that the Constitutional Amendments ratified since 1791 have no force of law. Meaning that you believe that slavery is still legal in the U.S. (since the 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, was passed in 1865), and that blacks (15th Amendment, 1870) and women (19th Amendment, 1920) have no right to vote.

Thanks for playing.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Slavery was never Constitutionally legal from the inception of the country.
That was an institution fostered by Muslim slave trading and greedy plantation owners.
You still didn't say what you believe in..
"All men are created equal"
means all men are created equal.
Many black men fought for the freedom of America from England because they believed in it.
Also many black men were black slave owners after that freedom was won..
The two things are NOT related.
The bottom line is that those rights ARE reserved to the states or the people, on this subject.
I know you would like it to be something different..
but it is not that way.
The founding fathers never intended for the USA to become like Sodom and Gomorrah.
They were quite Biblical.
Why are there so many statutes against sodomy still on the books?
because this country was founded on the Bible.
While you may have the freedom to express your opinion..
Your opinion is not that of the founding fathers or the majority of the population of America today.
Liberal Shills are about to be a thing of the past..watch.
You can kennive all you want..people see through your facade.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
That was an institution fostered by Muslim slave trading and greedy plantation owners.
Many black men fought for the freedom of America from England because they believed in it.
The bottom line is that those rights ARE reserved to the states or the people, on this subject.
but it is not that way.
The founding fathers never intended for the USA to become like Sodom and Gomorrah.
Your opinion is not that of the founding fathers or the majority of the population of America today.

CONNIVE. At least spell the BS correctly.

And as for "All men are created equal"......why did the founders only really mean white men are created equal because, you know, blacks only managed to count as 3/5 of a person for representation in Congress.

Or maybe you meant when the founders made voting exclusive for white, male land owners.

BTW....slavery is Biblical. The Bible is laced with rules for treatment of slaves, if/when to release slaves from their bondage, and never a mention of slavery being abhorrent or immoral.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Given that there is little, if any, historical perspective on how they might have viewed gay marriage (a concept way beyond their contemporary experience) I think calling upon the founders on this one is pointless. What is irrefutable is that they wrote the Constitution to be changeable for eventualities that they could not conceive of at the time.

As far as the majority of the population of the US goes...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2015/03/09/support-for-gay-marriage-hits-all-time-high-wsjnbc-news-poll/

The new survey found that 59% of Americans support allowing same-sex marriage

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
but it is not that way.

Still getting your history lessons from Glen Beck I see.