after-birth abortion

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
If I were against abortion, which I am, why wouldn't I want to limit them as much as possible? Do I need to get 100% of my demands or I'm a charlatan hypocrite? I'll take whatever I can get.

It's probably a good thing that you don't live in Canada where there are no laws regarding abortion. It's regulated as a medical procedure and covered by our single payer medical insurance coverage.

Nov 25, 2013
Who is this Satin you keep talking about?

I'm not answering your hypothetical. I'm not in that position and I never will be. Don't waste your carpal tunnel asking me further.
Keep the image only replies to the P&N's middle name thread. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
It's probably a good thing that you don't live in Canada where there are no laws regarding abortion. It's regulated as a medical procedure and covered by our single payer medical insurance coverage.
Yes, I am happier than you could imagine that I do not live up there.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It is sucking nutrients from the mother at this stage and has no right to do so according to you.

No it doesn't, but there are further considerations as the term of the pregnancy grows later and later. You are just ignorant of them because your IQ is smaller than your shoe size.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
No it doesn't, but there are further considerations as the term of the pregnancy grows later and later. You are just ignorant of them because your IQ is smaller than your shoe size.
I'm doing pretty well for being a vegetable, wouldn't you think?

When does the baby get all those rights you said they don't have?

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You pro lifers are hilarious.

Abortion is nothing more than the logical extension of contraception. Do I need to remind you of the leaps and bounds society was able to take by being able to control our reproductive fate? Yet we are still human. Mistakes happen. According to you all, the human species should party like it's 1699 again. What the fuck?

Get a grip. Abortion is a medical tool to be used by an advanced society to better itself. The same way we use condoms, birth control and emergency contraceptives...

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hitler thought he knew best who helped society better itself too.

Hitler knew that what he believed to be right everybody else damn well better believe too. If he desired to eliminate abortion it would happen. If you had Hitlers power to legislate the truth like Hitler, you believe to be universal, would you impose that belief by making abortion, certain exceptions excluded, illegal. Just a reminder what a moral coward you are because you fear to admit you're just another possessor of fanatical certainty. We already know you're an abortion whore who would train an innocent unborn human child for some sin filled mother who's had time to find the savior but won't repent. Answer my question so I know your true nature. Are you an advocate or a law bringer?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Does anyone want to ballpark the percentage of instances of heterosexual intercourse that result in pregnancy? It's gotta be pretty low. I mean, as far as I know I'm at 0% - and yes, I have considered the juvenile responses to that statistic I'd expect from the likes of these lip service "patriots."

This is a surprisingly difficult number to talk about because it is a lot more complex then it appears at first glance. The answer to your question, assuming we are taking a two random sexually active adults engaging in vaginal intercourse that make no effort at birth control and with no knowledge of where she is in the ovulation cycle, then the number around 2.5% per incident, make both of those people under the age of 24 and the number goes up to about 17% per incident. Now you start to see why teenage pregnancy is so common.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I'm pretty sure afterbirth is usually aborted anyway. Not too many placentas grow up to become human beings.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007

Legal at any point for any reason.

So a healthy woman with a healthy baby can kill her full term baby at the point of birth if she so desires.

And that doesn't trouble you?

Last edited:

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
This piece of work thinks women should be able to abort 1 day before the due date for any reason whatsoever. This person is sick.

This piece of work attempted to murder his own son cuz God said so....

He bound his son Isaac and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

Doubt that fucked with Isaac's mind that much....

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
When you believe yourself to be a meat machine, nothing is wrong in any articulable way.

This is why you are called dishonest and a liar. You've been told several times that no believes that they are simply a meat machine, yet you continue saying this. You do not need to believe in a creator or have an imaginary friend in order to have value as a person.

It started as a straw man, then you were corrected, now it is a blatant lie.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
This is why you are called dishonest and a liar. You've been told several times that no believes that they are simply a meat machine, yet you continue saying this. You do not need to believe in a creator or have an imaginary friend in order to have value as a person.

It started as a straw man, then you were corrected, now it is a blatant lie.

Actually I believe that. Free will has been scientifically proven to be an illusion. It isn't a straw man. We are nothing more than complicated machines. To deny that fact is to deny objective reality. Read some Sam Harris for God's sake.