after-birth abortion

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
The problem with this place is blowhards like you who enjoy insulting people from the safety of your keyboard.
I don't enjoy it in the slightest. It frustrates me to no end to be surrounded by such wanton ignorance.

I still believe that you're a pencil necked twerp who feels empowered by the interwebs to act tough in your cyber life because you can't in your real life.
Yeah, and you also believe in special creation, so you'll forgive us all if we don't give half a shit what stupid things you believe.

I'm sorry you've been bullied, but don't take it out on the rest of us.
Thanks for your concern, Dr. Projection.

I'll be in San Francisco in a couple months, maybe you can come down and tell me in my face how stupid I am?
You buy me a ticket, rent me a car and a hotel room, and I'd be happy to. You got the stones to put your money where your mouth is?

Yeah, I thought not.

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Ironically, "after-birth abortion" is something that conservative/libertarian should support because what it really does is simply leaving the newborn in his/her own device until his/her demise. There is no "killing" involved there. Humans tend not to do very well by themselves when they are just born.
It's a perfect "free market" solution. If the child had any worth, it'd pull itself up by its own bootstraps.

Triloby

Mar 18, 2016
As George Carlin once said:

"If you're pre-born, you're okay. If you're pre-school, you're fucked."

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
No, he answered the question. Didn't you read what he posted?

I made the relevant words bigger, in case you're sitting ten meters away from the computer.

The question was whether or not he agrees with the hypothetical I asked about, not if he agrees with Canadian abortion law which was plain from the start.

Nov 25, 2013
Translation: you're ducking the question.

Shrug.

Quoting myself:

"I have no answer to what can only be considered a 'straw' situation. It's a medically regulated procedure. Figure out the rest for yourself. Hint: only 0.4% of Canadian abortions are performed after the 20 week mark.

Edit: And yes, I am in agreement with the way abortion is dealt with in Canada. That being, as a medical issue that is between a woman and her doctor(s)."

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
What is disgusting is you wishing for the death of and lamenting the fact that it didn't occur of a kid who fell in with a gorilla. Maybe during your rage you forgot about what you said. You seem to be rage confused.

Yes it was disgusting and I was obviously wrong. In my defense I was enraged by the parent's gross incompetence in taking care of their offspring and the fact that the gorilla had to die because of the actions of idiotic human parents.

But this just illustrates the difference between you and I. When I am wrong, I have utterly no problem acknowledging that fact and owning up to my failure. This is a trait far far beyond your abilities (and all Christian apologists). Pro-tip, you earn more respect and more consideration of your points when you honestly admit your failures when they are pointed out to you.

Your worldview FORBIDS you to learn scientific knowledge if it conflicts with your God Done It meme. You can't even be bothered to learn what the science says and WHY it says it, you just deny it. In this respect, Islamists and Christians are virtually identical.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
You buy me a ticket, rent me a car and a hotel room, and I'd be happy to. You got the stones to put your money where your mouth is?

Yeah, I thought not.

Um Dude, I have a feeling BS could be asking for a lost weekend of forbidden sex.... not for a confrontation. I don't know what your sexuality is but I don't want you to be surprised when the tryst turns out differently than you anticipated.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Yes it was disgusting and I was obviously wrong. In my defense I was enraged by the parent's gross incompetence in taking care of their offspring and the fact that the gorilla had to die because of the actions of idiotic human parents.
I appreciate that. We all say things we regret.
But this just illustrates the difference between you and I. When I am wrong, I have utterly no problem acknowledging that fact and owning up to my failure. This is a trait far far beyond your abilities (and all Christian apologists). Pro-tip, you earn more respect and more consideration of your points when you honestly admit your failures when they are pointed out to you.
Instead of just admitting your failure you have to attack me while doing it. You said those words and I had nothing to do with them.

First thing is that you don't know me well enough to be making these statements. You only know me by my posts. In my everyday life I admit when I'm wrong, all the time. Here, I don't believe I'm wrong as much as you think I am so not admitting it shouldn't be held against me.
Your worldview FORBIDS you to learn scientific knowledge if it conflicts with your God Done It meme.
That is simply false. Evolutionary fairy tales aren't science and I understand it better than most atheists I run into.
You can't even be bothered to learn what the science says and WHY it says it, you just deny it. In this respect, Islamists and Christians are virtually identical.
Pick a topic and lets have a discussion about it. Your gullibility shouldn't be held against me.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I don't enjoy it in the slightest. It frustrates me to no end to be surrounded by such wanton ignorance.
Yet, you continue being exposed to it, intentionally. Go get in your igloo and enjoy the silence.
Yeah, and you also believe in special creation, so you'll forgive us all if we don't give half a shit what stupid things you believe.
Your frustration betrays you, you do care or you wouldn't be wasting your time insulting me.

Yeah, I thought not.
At least you didn't ask for a food stipend. Would that be necessary too?

Nov 29, 2006
Yet, you continue being exposed to it, intentionally. Go get in your igloo and enjoy the silence.
Your frustration betrays you, you do care or you wouldn't be wasting your time insulting me.
At least you didn't ask for a food stipend. Would that be necessary too?
I'll set up an P&N gofundme account to allow these tough guys to get it on in real life.