Act of war

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Good grief, SU-35s have Hayabusa spooked?

Not really. None of this has me spooked but in the situation which occurred, we were outgunned. The truth is that the first real engagement between Putin and the US is going to ugly beyond planes being shot down. Then we get to tomahawks, the S-400 and in a couple years the S-500, both of which can detect our planes. Then what? Then no one remembers about SU-35s vs F-22. That would be the spooky part as shit gets real.

Edit, the fifth generation Russian plane may not enter service but Russia isn't going to give up on their programs. Right now Russian technology is inferior, but that depends again on the next 10-20 years and their relationship with China who you may mock if you like.

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Haha, it only took Hayabusa one page to go from this:

There was an interception of old nuclear bombers off the coast of Alaska in the news with our F-22s against the SU -35. In this scenario our f-22 was outmatched by the Russian planes. You do know that as far as aerial combat goes that the Sukhoi are recognized as superior and not by Putin. If there were a Russian/US confrontation over Syria as an example our F-22s would be outmatched.

To this:

The truth is that the first real engagement between Putin and the US is going to ugly beyond planes being shot down. Then we get to tomahawks, the S-400 and in a couple years the S-500, both of which can detect our planes. Then what? Then no one remembers about SU-35s vs F-22. That would be the spooky part as shit gets real.

Glad we could educate you. You're welcome.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
you guys seem hell bent on trying to pin each other on technicalities .. great.. well, not really.
Putin is one smart dude, cant take that away from him and cunning like a motherfucker.

You remember that Obama vs. Mitt debate that went like "fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed" ?

That is what Putin is doing ... for ONE

https://www.defensenews.com/space/2...ne-is-real-and-in-the-nuclear-posture-review/

He is getting a big effen badaboom for every ruble he spends cause he spends them in the smartest fashion possible, be it subs cyber or whatever, if he cant match the F-35 in air, he will find a cheap way to do it from the ground, drones, lasers.. His defense is AGILE and exploits all possible niches AND then he pushes the envelope riiiiight to the limit, with simulated air strikes over live US targets, NATO targets etc.
I admire the guy, I really do. One dangerous motherfucker.
If only he wasnt pushing for war. And he is. Everywhere else but at home.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Haha, it only took Hayabusa one page to go from this:

There was an interception of old nuclear bombers off the coast of Alaska in the news with our F-22s against the SU -35. In this scenario our f-22 was outmatched by the Russian planes. You do know that as far as aerial combat goes that the Sukhoi are recognized as superior and not by Putin. If there were a Russian/US confrontation over Syria as an example our F-22s would be outmatched.

To this:

The truth is that the first real engagement between Putin and the US is going to ugly beyond planes being shot down. Then we get to tomahawks, the S-400 and in a couple years the S-500, both of which can detect our planes. Then what? Then no one remembers about SU-35s vs F-22. That would be the spooky part as shit gets real.

Glad we could educate you. You're welcome.

Nothing changed.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
you guys seem hell bent on trying to pin each other on technicalities .. great.. well, not really.
Putin is one smart dude, cant take that away from him and cunning like a motherfucker.

You remember that Obama vs. Mitt debate that went like "fewer horses and bayonets, because the nature of our military's changed" ?

That is what Putin is doing ... for ONE

https://www.defensenews.com/space/2...ne-is-real-and-in-the-nuclear-posture-review/

He is getting a big effen badaboom for every ruble he spends cause he spends them in the smartest fashion possible, be it subs cyber or whatever, if he cant match the F-35 in air, he will find a cheap way to do it from the ground, drones, lasers.. His defense is AGILE and exploits all possible niches AND then he pushes the envelope riiiiight to the limit, with simulated air strikes over live US targets, NATO targets etc.
I admire the guy, I really do. One dangerous motherfucker.
If only he wasnt pushing for war. And he is. Everywhere else but at home.

Putin is clever but he isn't pushing for war. He knows that no one is going to make a military strike against him as nukes come into play. So the alternative is to not attack his nation but his assets and those of others. Bankrupt him and anyone associated. We certainly have that capability. There are other options I'd rather not employ but they are Putin level tactics.

As far as B2K goes, again he's harmless. He just likes to play games and I went along for a bit. Keep watching and see what happens.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Putin is clever but he isn't pushing for war.
Of course not, not at home. If he can pit Europe vs Europe or civil war in the states? He will take that in a split second. He is pushing, moving, for conflict *everywhere* in the west.

Now look at us up the ante on full retard as we deal with the fact that Putin novichoked a guy and daughter in GB and then oooops some bystanders, collateral damage, my bad .. right?
We have no idea what we are doing.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Of course not, not at home. If he can pit Europe vs Europe or civil war in the states? He will take that in a split second. He is pushing, moving, for conflict *everywhere* in the west.

Again I don't think so, not war. First of all you aren't that stupid and the days of European royalty warring over who insulted who's mother or whatever are done. As far as the US, we're screwed up but a civil war isn't happening unless it's to overthrow a certain person who shall remain nameless, again unlikely. Besides imagine a new President and Congress who is mighty pissed off for Putin pulling this crap (he's good but as far as our intel agencies go we are able to track back to who is responsible).

By the time EurAmerica (for this purpose only) forms a strategic cooperative plan Putin will be so poor and poorly off that there's a chance he's going against the wall.

The only division between us and Europe is Trump and some Republicans in thrall to him and Putin. Once that cancer is removed we can move towards normalization and perhaps an improvement in relations as we here at least should realize how valuable our ties are.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Again I don't think so, not war. First of all you aren't that stupid and the days of European royalty warring over who insulted who's mother or whatever are done. As far as the US, we're screwed up but a civil war isn't happening unless it's to overthrow a certain person who shall remain nameless, again unlikely. Besides imagine a new President and Congress who is mighty pissed off for Putin pulling this crap (he's good but as far as our intel agencies go we are able to track back to who is responsible).

By the time EurAmerica (for this purpose only) forms a strategic cooperative plan Putin will be so poor and poorly off that there's a chance he's going against the wall.

The only division between us and Europe is Trump and some Republicans in thrall to him and Putin. Once that cancer is removed we can move towards normalization and perhaps an improvement in relations as we here at least should realize how valuable our ties are.

I think you are overly optimistic, I also find your optimism heartwarming .. lets hope I am wrong..