Acid? Post your experiences, and knowledge about it

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
Originally posted by: Ns1
Also, this is just me and you probably wont feel the same way but I think trip sitters are overrated.

You only say this because you're experienced. I don't need sitters for low-dosage trips, but for real trips I still request a sitter. You just never really know when you've pushed the boundary too far until you're way past it.

you're entirely right, I would never suggest that someone else should go it without a sitter but I personally find that I have more fun tripping alone. alone meaning without someone watching over my every step, not necessarily away from people. I really like tripping in public around other people, even though I've found that most people I know get terrified in those situations.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
last night i would have had 3 other ppl w/ me tripping, two of them have done it about 15+ times, with up to 8+ hits at once... me and the other dude had never done acid, he had done shrooms though... me nothing... would have been worth it. minus the test today.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
yea, the day AFTER can kind of be a drag, like a bad hangover. You made the right choice :)

If you're going to do it now, then remember to be positive and keep and open mind and everything will go well!

amicold

Platinum Member
Feb 7, 2005
Did it once I was very outgoing and met several people who turned out to exist. It's a very long trip though my perception of time seemed to remain the same as sober. ~12 hours according to the clock. I didn't experience ego death, I had a heightened sensitivity of all senses, even cold rain was somewhat invigorating. I didn't really gain nor lose anything from it in fact I don't recall it being very fun though I didn't dislike it either. I took a very small dose though only two blotters. I'd say eat fungi instead, you should have a nice experience if you smoke a bowl or two with it.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I've heard stories of Smurfs coming out as drops or water from a faucet.

Watching the hands of a clock for hours and they never move.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
Acid? Post your experiences, and knowledge about it

I was a bit of a chem geek in high school, so I volunteered to be a TA. I think that the most dramatic experience I had with acid was when I was making the 6M stock for the kids to use. I had a big bottle of the pure stuff (the fumes were awful--singe your nose hairs if you opened it two benches over), and a graduated cylinder. No fume hood...yeah I was dumb.

So I'm pouring acid into the graduated cylinder, and suddenly it starts leaking straight out the bottom. Apparently some clown had broken one, and figured that if he just put it into this plastic base no one would find out. The stuff spilled all over my shoes and the floor, and instantly started etching the floor tiles and producing yellow chlorine gas. CRAP!

I yelled for the teacher, backing away from the spill, and I started to tear off my shoes. Luckily he had good reflexes and a nice LIQUID solution of a mild base, which he poured all over the area. That was pretty much the end of it. The floor had a nice area of gleaming white surrounded by the regular decades-of-dirt look on all the other tiles, and I wore those shoes for another year with no issues.

The mercury spill was probably worse...

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
I only took it three times:

First time was blotter paper.
2nd & 3rd - liquid on sugar cubes.

All about 10 years ago, when I was 19-20. First time, went midnight madness bowling with friends. Hung out. Drove home tripping at 3am. That was kind of a mistake. Friends tried to talk me out of it, but I was convinced I was driving home. I was doing fine until about 5 minutes from home. I started freaking out a little bit. Then Purple Haze came on the radio and I said something like "Take me home, Jimi" and he did :p That song couldn't have come at a better time, honestly. I went home, laid down and closed my eyes and enjoyed the show. I honestly had a blast exploring it. Infinite tessellations of purple, green and red in a specific star pattern.

The other times were just hanging out in dorm rooms. Walking around campus, throwing frisbees. Nothing too crazy. The third and final trip, my friends started drinking vodka around 3:30 or 4pm on Friday. I dropped about 5-ish. So they were getting shit-faced at 8pm. Passed out by 9-10. I still had 7 hours to go. I went to my friends room, to find the door cracked and see him there in his tighty whities puking in his sink. I GTFO fast. That is not something someone frying needs to see. Called a girlfriend, she came over and kept me company, b/c I was tired of staring at the Winamp visualizations.

All pretty fun good trips. No real bad experiences, however, afterwards, I got extremely depressed. I was going to small college in a small town. I honestly felt like I couldn't relate to alot of people at this college, didn't have many friends there. Depression runs in my family and I honestly think LSD helped bring to the surface. Maybe it was I just became cognizant of it after tripping. But I do see that as like a turning point in my personality.

Flashbacks? I don't think I've done enough to get them. I did see some purple tracers after headlights in a car crossed my vision. I've seen purple streaks across my vision a few times. Maybe it is, maybe its not.../shrug

Honestly it was fun. Just beware, it can bring some things to the surface you might not knew was there, both good & bad.

this is all my experience / opinion.

queenrobot

Platinum Member
Aug 20, 2007
There was once when I saw the Houston skyline and liked it so much I called my mom and kept repeating "It's just me and the skyline, Mom"

I also referred to everyone I saw as "big chocolate mama".

Yeah, drugs are fun, I mean bad.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
oh yea, one other thing about acid.. It makes stuff look cool, that goes without saying, what with the moving patterns and leaking colors and inanimate objects suddenly becoming animate.. I find that forever now I look at pretty much everything and think, "wow, I bet this would look really cool if I were tripping." Just now it was the fizz from pouring a glass of pepsi. Focusing intently on the bubbles rapidly coming into and exiting existence.

I think that is a pretty good idea of what tripping is like; focusing all of your attention on the smallest of details that would probably go unnoticed otherwise.

ribbon13

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2005
Morning Glory Seed Extraction: I remember uncontrollably rocking back and forth. I had so much energy I just had to keep moving. It made my tripping partner puke he couldn't handle it and didn't get high.

I think that particular high was the turning point for me when my then near daily robo-tripping and weed smoking got old/non-fun and set me down the path that led to meth.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
ouch. I robotripped once and found it to be the worst thing I've ever intentionally subjected myself to. I got really sick and threw-up everywhere and all i got out of it was hallucinations of giant furry ferrets. Never again.

being hooked on meth appears to be as much fun as being hooked on nicotine. I've no desire to even try either.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
If you've ever smoked a ton of pot/really strong pot, and found yourself saying "oh man I'm too high" and not liking the feeling of being mentally out of control, then stay away from acid. Because it's like that x 100

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I probablly tripped around 100 times between 1972 and 1995. I had some pretty amazing experiences, sometimes very spiritual. I had a couple of bad trips along the way, but never very bad. I more or less lost interest rather than making a decision to stop. My interest was rekindled earlier this yest when Albert Hoffman dies and I read his book. I tried a couple times last summer but found what was available was was so weak I hardly got off. Maybe I'll try again for New Years Eve, one of my favorite times to trip

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: mxyzptlk
oh yea, one other thing about acid.. It makes stuff look cool, that goes without saying, what with the moving patterns and leaking colors and inanimate objects suddenly becoming animate.. I find that forever now I look at pretty much everything and think, "wow, I bet this would look really cool if I were tripping." Just now it was the fizz from pouring a glass of pepsi. Focusing intently on the bubbles rapidly coming into and exiting existence.

I think that is a pretty good idea of what tripping is like; focusing all of your attention on the smallest of details that would probably go unnoticed otherwise.

Yeah, I kept on breaking off conversations because I was completely hypnotized by the lava lamp.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: aircooled
Terminator 2 had just been released in theaters. Was quite the movie on 2 hits of acid. :)
so was Pulp Fiction in theatres. completely ripped.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize
If you've ever smoked a ton of pot/really strong pot, and found yourself saying "oh man I'm too high" and not liking the feeling of being mentally out of control, then stay away from acid. Because it's like that x 100
Towelie, is that you?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: meltdown75
Originally posted by: alchemize
Towelie, is that you?

awww man
i just wanna get a lil high

Sep 29, 2004
Shrooms several times.

Man, I have to say if I had to do it all over again I would.

It was definitely an experience to remember. I remember bits and pieces. And it was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.