Acid? Post your experiences, and knowledge about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
I have never done it, but have talked wth ppl who have, and my roomie has done it quite a few times... I was wondering what users on here hav done it, or watched ppl do it...

was it truly an experience you will never forget? did you experience 'ego death'?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It is like nothing else you will ever experience in your life. Nothing even comes close.

Is it an experience? It's called a trip for a reason. Your mind goes somewhere else and your perception of everything is completely fubarred, senses blur and intermingle. And hoboy the hallucinations, not talking about "oh that color looks pretty" - I'm talking about full blown you see shit that doesn't exist but yet it looks real.

T

Tim

Originally posted by: spidey07
It is like nothing else you will ever experience in your life. Nothing even comes close.

Is it an experience? It's called a trip for a reason. Your mind goes somewhere else and your perception of everything is completely fubarred, senses blur and intermingle. And hoboy the hallucinations, not talking about "oh that color looks pretty" - I'm talking about full blown you see shit that doesn't exist but yet it looks real.

Sign me up please.

randay

Lifer
May 30, 2006
i like to throw it on the faces of girls who reject me.

....is what a bad person would say.

cheezy321

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2003
Originally posted by: theplaidfad

Sign me up please.

Me too.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
I used to know a guy who did pretty much every drug you could ever think of and more. He did more stuff than anyone I ever met in college for that matter. He once told me that Acid is the one thing which he absolutely refused to ever come in possession of anymore because he found it to be the one drug which was irresistibly addictive for him.

So, in light of that knowledge, I suggest staying away amongst the many other reasons. Not sure why exactly acid was like that for this guy considering the possibilities with all of his other vast experiences with drugs but it is what it is.

DarrelSPowers

Jul 9, 2008
Originally posted by: randay
i like to throw it on the faces of girls who reject me.

....is what a bad person would say.

I always wondered what kinda villan, or villan at all, Harvey Dent would have become if he got doused with LSD instead of acid, and ended up having some insane acid trip instead of having his face melted off...

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
It can be an undescribable, beautiful, life-changing experience. Or it can be your worst nightmare, own personal hell and mental death at the same time. Never ever EVER use acid when you're not feeling 100% absolutely John-diddly-dandy.

Oh, and a couple of fatties go real well with acid. Heard of one guy doing acid and special K at the same time, he never was the same. Apparantly, his cat said some stuff to him that blew his mind and after a couple of months, he blew his own.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Xavier434
I used to know a guy who did pretty much every drug you could ever think of and more. He did more stuff than anyone I ever met in college for that matter. He once told me that Acid is the one thing which he absolutely refused to ever come in possession of anymore because he found it to be the one drug which was irresistibly addictive for him.

So, in light of that knowledge, I suggest staying away amongst the many other reasons. Not sure why exactly acid was like that for this guy considering the possibilities with all of his other vast experiences with drugs but it is what it is.

Acid addictive? Wow, that guy must've had one hell of a mind. I've used everything you can think of and more, but I found that acid was WAY too heavy to use more than like, a couple of times a year.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
After playing guitar on it, I completely understand why the musicians in the 60s went crazy for it. It was like nothing existed except for sound, my hands, and the guitar.

Originally posted by: dNor
I could smell colors

I tasted smells.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Not sure what information your looking for exactly. There's a lot of misconceptions about how it affects you. The hallucinations really aren't that wild compared to other hallucinegens (salvia is much more vivid by comparison, but last only minutes whereas acid lasts hours). It's more like faces getting distorted. Colors seeming hyperreal. You see patterns and fractals everywhere in every texture.

The mental effects are often overlooked. You will get anxious, so you kind of need to do it in a safe confortable place. You don't really have full control of your mental faculties, so if you freak out and can't cope then you can get into trouble quickly. This is the "bad trip" many people describe. It's very helpful to have someone sober babysit those who are tripping.

The potential downsides are worth it though. If you're comfortable and in a positive state of mind, it can be a wonderful experience. Things have a special way of being hysterically funny when you're under the influence. You'll laugh so long and hard that easy to forget what you're laughing about and kind of end up in a rapturous state for no reason. It also lets you get deeply introspective. Moreso than any other substance I've tried (and I've tried a lot).

Bottom line, it's grrrrr-eat!

Haven't done it in over a decade though.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: nakedfrog
After playing guitar on it, I completely understand why the musicians in the 60s went crazy for it. It was like nothing existed except for sound, my hands, and the guitar.

Originally posted by: dNor
I could smell colors

I tasted smells.

Oh, I forgot all about that.. For some reason, when I use acid and look at a guitar, I see brightly coloured dots in a scale-like pattern. Only, the dot (aka note) that should be played next just flashes up when playing. It's like my mind's saying:"Don't think, just do as I say." Playing itself was kind of boring when I didn't have to do anything for it, but the music I produced was so fucking awesome.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005

does it cause your body to feel out of control in terms of equilibrium and produce that feeling of oh dammit the room is spinning i want off this ride type thing?

i cannot imagine losing the defined nature of my senses, and i've always wanted to try it but how long it lasts i'd just fear my mind forcing a bad trip on me.
happened with Psilocybin. was doing great but then i felt like i was trapped. it was my first time and being in the outdoors would have been better i imagine, more things to stimulate the mind. i was basically trapped in my own mind and feeling extremely anti-social (did it with a group). do want to try again in better circumstances though

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Never even had it as an option to consume...

In 9th grade health class our teacher was talking about acid and how it came on sheets. A druggie in the class raised his hand and said "actually it comes on gel tabs now for like $5"

Awkward silence for a moment.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: ggnl
Not sure what information your looking for exactly. There's a lot of misconceptions about how it affects you. The hallucinations really aren't that wild compared to other hallucinegens (salvia is much more vivid by comparison, but last only minutes whereas acid lasts hours). It's more like faces getting distorted. Colors seeming hyperreal. You see patterns and fractals everywhere in every texture.

meh, try about 4-5 hits of good stuff. You'll see shit that seems perfectly real but it's not. I remember when the wall was eating my foot complete with a face, mouth, perfectly formed lips and eyes. It was just a wall though but he did make it halfway up my shin.

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I just can't believe people use to take this stuff everyday. Once every few years is plenty for anyone.

RU482

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
let me ask this to the people who have done acid...did you or any of your friends you did it with come away from the experience a different person? What I mean is, did it provide some sort of insight into your soul (or something) that changed who you were in day to day life (not like burnout, just different attitude and perception of how things should be) I've never done it, but have always been curious

Does it effect people of different ages differently?
I would guess that the majority of people that try it are in the 18-25 age group. Anyone try it for the first time in their 30's?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: RU482
let me ask this to the people who have done acid...did you or any of your friends you did it with come away from the experience a different person? What I mean is, did it provide some sort of insight into your soul (or something) that changed who you were in day to day life (not like burnout, just different attitude and perception of how things should be) I've never done it, but have always been curious

Does it effect people of different ages differently?
I would guess that the majority of people that try it are in the 18-25 age group. Anyone try it for the first time in their 30's?

I know for sure Psilocybin can do that, usually adjusts people's personalities/beliefs for the better, and there was a study that was published in one of those big Science magazines (cannot remember which one) that stated that very same thing. Essentially it can also be looked at as a natural anti-depressant that can provide positive effects for months to years if not longer, just a dose here or there re-ups the impact on your conscious mind.

I've done it once and did walk away from it with some good knowledge about my inner mind, but wasn't really enough to change me sadly... but that might be because I might have too difficult of a mind to change: very very stubborn, and incredibly pessimistic about everything, including life/purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.