Acid? Post your experiences, and knowledge about it

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Terminator 2 had just been released in theaters. Was quite the movie on 2 hits of acid. :)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I once took 3 tabs of acid and thought I was Syd Barrett IN (yes, IN) wish you were here.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
Always wanted to try it. Has anyone done Salvia? Standardized 10x extract was absolutely insane. Shrooms are an interesting window into an alternate world, Salvia is a door.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: scott916
Always wanted to try it. Has anyone done Salvia? Standardized 10x extract was absolutely insane. Shrooms are an interesting window into an alternate world, Salvia is a door.

fuck salvia.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
Originally posted by: Ns1

fuck salvia.

:) How come? Too scurry for ya? hehe

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

fuck salvia.

I like being able to tell myself that I'm fucked up, something I was not able to do during that 5 minute trip into hell that was salvia.

Xavier434

Lifer
Oct 14, 2002
Originally posted by: Vegitto
Originally posted by: Xavier434
I used to know a guy who did pretty much every drug you could ever think of and more. He did more stuff than anyone I ever met in college for that matter. He once told me that Acid is the one thing which he absolutely refused to ever come in possession of anymore because he found it to be the one drug which was irresistibly addictive for him.

So, in light of that knowledge, I suggest staying away amongst the many other reasons. Not sure why exactly acid was like that for this guy considering the possibilities with all of his other vast experiences with drugs but it is what it is.

Acid addictive? Wow, that guy must've had one hell of a mind. I've used everything you can think of and more, but I found that acid was WAY too heavy to use more than like, a couple of times a year.

He used to tell me that he doesn't expect to live past 30 and genuinely meant it at the time. I believed him considering the amount of stuff he used. He has completely changed since then. He never does any of that stuff any more. One interesting part about him is that he was not a junkie by any means. He was a very smart, respectable, and responsible guy in every way with exception of his drug usage. I don't ever expect to meet someone like that again.

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
Very true. A real trip scares the hell out of me. I've always wanted to do it again the right way with a torch lighter, but I have yet to work up the sack.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
I once took 3 tabs of acid and thought I was Syd Barrett IN (yes, IN) wish you were here.

That reminds me, DO NOT listen to Pink Floyd while tripping. Since PF is founded on acid and insanity, it is a very VERY bad mix. :evil::music::shocked:

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000

fuck salvia.

I agree. Its too powerful for me to handle. I don't see ever being able to handle it. And that was with I think 5x or maybe 10x. Something very evil about that drug.

Shrooms for me was absolute hell and absolute beauty all in the same night.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: SlickSnake

That reminds me, DO NOT listen to Pink Floyd while tripping. Since PF is founded on acid and insanity, it is a very VERY bad mix. :evil::music::shocked:

I will disagree with you there lol; I have listened to DSoTM or Live @Pompeii every single time I have ever tripped.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

fuck salvia.

Because it's not enjoyable in any sense of the word (IMO, of course)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You know what I really wanna do?

Drop acid and watch the Wizard of Oz.

Seriously, that would rule.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: shortylickens
You know what I really wanna do?

Drop acid and watch the Wizard of Oz.

Seriously, that would rule.

alice in wonderland + DSoTM is everything that wizard of oz + DSoTM wasn't.

(awesome)

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
sorta glad then that i did not do them last night as i needed to study for my exam tonight.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
sorta glad then that i did not do them last night as i needed to study for my exam tonight.

heh, that reminds me. I was studying real hard for calculus final in college. The last problem was a pretty big one taking the entire page. I worked on it for about 10 minutes and then the integrals and symbols started dancing with each other and swirling on the page.

Great, I'm having a flashback. Got up, turned my test in and went home to enjoy the trip.

BW86

Lifer
Jul 20, 2004
Originally posted by: spidey07
It is like nothing else you will ever experience in your life. Nothing even comes close.

Is it an experience? It's called a trip for a reason. Your mind goes somewhere else and your perception of everything is completely fubarred, senses blur and intermingle. And hoboy the hallucinations, not talking about "oh that color looks pretty" - I'm talking about full blown you see shit that doesn't exist but yet it looks real.

pretty much summed it up

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Fun stuff.. if it was sold in stores I would make sure to do it once every 6 months or so. Really helps to clear the head.

mxyzptlk

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2008
I've done acid quite a few times and I've yet to have a bad experience. I wish I could tell you how to avoid it, but I really can't even imagine what it's like to have an unpleasant experience while on acid, everything is just so much fun. About the worst thing I've ever had happen was when I did it at a party full of internet strangers and I kept hearing voices from people around me and I had nearly convinced myself that they were talking about me, but even then I was in control enough to realize that they weren't.

I've tried salvia 3 times now and have yet to have a breakthrough. I wont try it again because it's really harsh and none of the reports I've heard/read from people who HAVE broken through have been particularly appealing. Plus it only lasts like 5min. to half an hour. Not worth the price of admission (it hurt my lungs and throat) imo.

I did mushrooms first, but that was because I didn't know any better. I'd say they are more powerful than acid and I would recommend a beginner start with acid. Besides, mushrooms can cause a lot of nausea and stomach discomfort. Acid doesn't have this problem, but a bowl or two will usually clear it up anyway. In fact, coming up on any hallucinogen will be weird and weed does a lot to smooth things out.

Originally posted by: RU482
let me ask this to the people who have done acid...did you or any of your friends you did it with come away from the experience a different person?

I think any experience you have makes you a different person. I mean, your personality now is simply the product of all the experiences you've had up until the present. Tripping for the first time is a pretty big experience of course. so.. in other words, yea.

If you have the chance and are not already mentally unstable/schizo, I'd say try any hallucinogen. They're great fun and you might even learn something about yourself.

Also, this is just me and you probably wont feel the same way but I think trip sitters are overrated. Like I said though, I've never felt out of control of a trip and in need of someone to tell me not to hurt myself or anything like that. In fact, I tend to get annoyed when I'm tripping and my friend (who's just trying to be a good friend, so I don't get too mad) says things like "You've taken a mind altering chemical, you're going to be OK, it's just temporary, it'll wear off in a few hours" I guess if you're not as well grounded as I am, it would be a good idea to keep these things in mind. He also suggests to even write them on your hand/arm and as a message to yourself if you find yourself starting to lose it. Another good idea, but not necessarily one that I ever needed to be told.

In conclusion: Do it, it's fun :D

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
While I've never tripped, I have been a babysitter for trippers.

On one night, had two people with experiences bizarre enough that it turned be off to trying it myself. One guy was chased, terrified, into the corner of the kitchen by a kitchen tile (black & white checkerboard tiles floor) that had flipped up and had become a shark's fin, swimming toward him. He'd found the hidden kitchen knife and unintentionally cut himself and one other person trying to defend himself from the shark. Another guy, after being MIA for about 10 minutes, I finally found in the garage sitting on the hood of the car there, talking to a whole, frozen fish from the freezer.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
Also, this is just me and you probably wont feel the same way but I think trip sitters are overrated.

You only say this because you're experienced. I don't need sitters for low-dosage trips, but for real trips I still request a sitter. You just never really know when you've pushed the boundary too far until you're way past it.

Vegitto

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Vegitto
I used to know a guy who did pretty much every drug you could ever think of and more. He did more stuff than anyone I ever met in college for that matter. He once told me that Acid is the one thing which he absolutely refused to ever come in possession of anymore because he found it to be the one drug which was irresistibly addictive for him.

So, in light of that knowledge, I suggest staying away amongst the many other reasons. Not sure why exactly acid was like that for this guy considering the possibilities with all of his other vast experiences with drugs but it is what it is.

Acid addictive? Wow, that guy must've had one hell of a mind. I've used everything you can think of and more, but I found that acid was WAY too heavy to use more than like, a couple of times a year.

He used to tell me that he doesn't expect to live past 30 and genuinely meant it at the time. I believed him considering the amount of stuff he used. He has completely changed since then. He never does any of that stuff any more. One interesting part about him is that he was not a junkie by any means. He was a very smart, respectable, and responsible guy in every way with exception of his drug usage. I don't ever expect to meet someone like that again.

Sounds like me.. Where you from?

Status
Not open for further replies.