A returning troll

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: ShadesOfGrey
Right, and if they abstain, they are hiding how they feel from the voters. Why not tell the American people and more importantly the soldiers where they stand. Abstaining only muddies the waters and doesn't send a strong message either way.
You're wrong.. as usual. It was just a quick idea I had. I have no way to inject it into the current debate in Congress, and I doubt they'll do it on their own, but his thing has so much press coverage that it would be easy to get their views known to their own constituants.

:roll: This vote will give them a clear cut opportunity to show people where they stand. It's a simple yes or no for them. No nuance, no longwinded explainations, just a simple yes or no.

To not vote would be to deny the voters the opportunity to know where their Representative stands on the issure of immediate withdrawl.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
:roll: This vote will give them a clear cut opportunity to show people where they stand. It's a simple yes or no for them. No nuance, no longwinded explainations, just a simple yes or no.

To not vote would be to deny the voters the opportunity to know where their Representative stands on the issure of immediate withdrawl.
If you really believe that, the only thing that's simple is your alleged mind. Assuming you really know better, your posts are lame trolls. :roll:

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005

If you really believe that, the only thing that's simple is your alleged mind. Assuming you really know better, your posts are lame trolls. :roll:

When out of things to discuss, resort to name-calling and attacking.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
OK. Let's start with a simple fact -- An immediate withdrawal of all American forces is not realistic, let alone pracitical. In fact, the majority in the House refused to consider the Democratic resolution calling for withdrawal as soon as practicable. This is a Repbulican proposition, and it's obvious theyramroded this sham to the floor in an attempt to embarrass the Democrats.

Instead of challenging me to tell you why it isn't a good idea, why don't you give us a long, clear, well documented explanation of why a straight up or down vote on the Republican proposition is NOT a troll. Please be sure to tell us why you're not supporting a resolution proposed by your brilliant Republican leaders. :p

If you can't, please STFU! :laugh:

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
OK. Let's start with a simple fact -- An immediate withdrawal of all American forces is not realistic, let alone pracitical. In fact, the majority in the House refused to consider the Democratic resolution calling for withdrawal as soon as practicable. This is a Repbulican proposition, and it's obvious theyramroded this sham to the floor in an attempt to embarrass the Democrats.

Instead of challenging me to tell you why it isn't a good idea, why don't you give us a long, clear, well documented explanation of why a straight up or down vote on the Republican proposition is NOT a troll. Please be sure to tell us why you're not supporting a resolution proposed by your brilliant Republican leaders. :p

If you can't, please STFU! :laugh:

Exactly, it is not a good idea but that isn't my point. What I said was in response to your suggestion that the Democrats just not vote. If they do not vote, they are not showing the people they represent where they stand on this issue. You can try to change the subject and play your little troll attack games but my comment stands. A non-vote would amount to hiding your position from the voters.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: ntdz
This bill is politically genius by the Republicans.

Agreed, this will either force the democrats to put up or shut up.

I am willing to bet a majority of the democrats will vote against it thus putting and end to these political stunts.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Just checked the vote for withdrawing troops from Iraq.... so far, 3 voted Yes, 304 voted No.

Democrats talk the talk, but don't walk the walk.

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
Just checked the vote for withdrawing troops from Iraq.... 3 voted Yes, 304 voted No.

I'd like to know which Republican voted "Yea".

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Just checked the vote for withdrawing troops from Iraq.... so far, 3 voted Yes, 304 voted No.

Wow, brilliant plan by the republicans. I heard this on the way home from work and it brought a grin to my face when I heard the republican leadership calling the dems on their bluff.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003

Thats 1 Republican and 2 Democrats

And remember this was Rep.Hunter's Resolution, not Murtha's bill.

EatSpam

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005

Cowards, one and all.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Exactly, it is not a good idea but that isn't my point. What I said was in response to your suggestion that the Democrats just not vote. If they do not vote, they are not showing the people they represent where they stand on this issue. You can try to change the subject and play your little troll attack games but my comment stands. A non-vote would amount to hiding your position from the voters.
AH! I see. You think the proposed Republican resolution is a piss poor idea. Now, we're getting somewhere, and we finally agree.

I already said my idea that the Dems should abstain was just quick fanciful thought, not a realistic suggestion. I just thought it would be one way to agree with what both of us said -- that the proposed Republican resolution was a bad idea. It has the further advantage of allowing any Republicans who want to follow their dumbass leaders over that cliff to do so with no side activity to distract the American public from witnessing their stupidity. :laugh:

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
Just checked the vote for withdrawing troops from Iraq.... 3 voted Yes, 304 voted No.

**UPDATE** It was Linder.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
HAHAHAHAHA!!! Kucinich just pulled a dean on c-span. He went ranting and wailing on. It was great. Nothing like showing how just much of a raving loon you are to the public.

Bush is a complete and utter moron. "People" seem to allow THAT to go on. :thumbsup:

totalcommand

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2004
AH! I see. You think the proposed Republican resolution is a piss poor idea. Now, we're getting somewhere, and we finally agree.

I already said my idea that the Dems should abstain was just quick fanciful thought, not a realistic suggestion. I just thought it would be one way to agree with what both of us said -- that the proposed Republican resolution was a bad idea. It has the further advantage of allowing any Republicans who want to follow their dumbass leaders over that cliff to do so with no side activity to distract the American public from witnessing their stupidity. :laugh:

Republucans got pwned on this amendment. And it was their OWN!

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
Originally posted by: totalcommand

OMG!!! It was supposed to pass! :roll: You people are hilarious.

totalcommand

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2004

You mean, the Republicans proposed an amendment that they knew wouldn't pass?

Why would they ever do such a crazy thing!?

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Originally posted by: raildogg
Yeah lets pull out and declare total defeat and admit defeat to the Islamists everywhere. I'm sure many would like to see that.

Many of the libbies in here would, especially the America haters.

A huge F U to both of you guys. *holds up middle finger proudly*
You are the America haters. You are the ones destroying this once proud nation.

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Genx87

Wow, brilliant plan by the republicans. I heard this on the way home from work and it brought a grin to my face when I heard the republican leadership calling the dems on their bluff.

I hate how the MSM and the Republicans are twisting Murtha's comments to make it seem that he was calling for an immediate withdrawal. I liked how the Republican Senator (Haydeworth sp?) pointed this out on the house floor. He presented an opinion and IT DESERVES to be heard... and it wasn't to just completely leave.. it was a phased withdrawal in 6 months with a quick reaction force set up in Iraq. It deserves to be heard... not twisted around by the New York Times and Al Jazeera.

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005

As a show of support for the troops and Iraqis. Are you that naive to think that they wanted this to pass? :roll:

mAdMaLuDaWg

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2003

**UPDATE** It was Linder.

Yep Rep. John Linder of Georgia.. and who was the 2nd one??

ShadesOfGrey

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2005
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Yeah lets pull out and declare total defeat and admit defeat to the Islamists everywhere. I'm sure many would like to see that.

Epitome of class.:roll:

totalcommand

Platinum Member
Apr 21, 2004

As a show of support for the troops and Iraqis. Are you that naive to think that they wanted this to pass? :roll:

That's funny.

I thought we could just propose something that explicitly said we support our troops and the Iraqis.

Looks like the REPUBLICANS don't EXPLICITLY support our troops and Iraqis...

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Originally posted by: arsbanned

Epitome of class.:roll:

There was nothing classy about this sleazy assed smear from the republicans.