A bill was introduced to end No-Knock warrants.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Just what the hell do you mean by that comment? Break my fucking door down in the middle of the night, and I don't know who the fuck you are, you best have your vest on, as I am going to do a mag dump in your direction.

Fucking Castle Doctrine.... look it up.

But they announced themselves! lol

I'm with ya man. You should probably reply to the people who apparently are totally cool with what happened. One of them is even a freedom loving libertarian, however that mental defect works itself out

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
So you're cheering on the police executing unarmed civilians on US territory, but are very concerned with the US President ordering a drone strike on armed terrorists overseas.

So. relevant.

As with anything, there are exceptions. In this story, it wasnt executed properly. But overall no-knock warrants are a good thing. Nothing is 100% perfect.

SmCaudata

Oct 8, 2006
As with anything, there are exceptions. In this story, it wasnt executed properly. But overall no-knock warrants are a good thing. Nothing is 100% perfect.
You should apply that logic to drone strikes.... you clearly have decided that you dont actually care about the content of policies. You only care who those policies come from. You Fox News/info wars/qanon sheeple are a disturbing lot.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's always fun to see the same people who brag about owning guns to defend themselves in case criminals break-in in the middle of the night do a full about face when it turns out the criminals doing the break-in were cops and the gun owner protecting his home was black.
Not surprising they're the same posters who thought it was perfectly ok for a cop to break into a black guy's apartment and gun him down while he was eating ice cream and watching TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Why are they a good thing? So that cops can use people's natural reaction to unknown persons breaking into their homes as an excuse to kill them?

Of course you would think that's a good thing.

Reactions: jman19

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What about executing Americans without a trial like Obama did? And sending 1300 kids from the border to an internment camp once used for Japanese Americans? Thats OK?
The ONLY reason you're pretending that's not ok is because Obama did it. Otherwise you think that's perfectly ok, and support such actions when your political faction does them.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Family wanted manslaughter and they are right. It would send a stronger message for cops in the future. Very little accountability plus cops LIED on the police report.

It's going to get ugly there and I don't blame the citizens. I'm not condoning violence but I understand.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
We live ~20-25 miles from the city. My wife grew up here.

She is crying right now...

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Terrible indictment it seems. The grand jury mustve gotten info we dont have is all I can think.

akenbennu

Jul 24, 2005
Terrible indictment it seems. The grand jury mustve gotten info we dont have is all I can think.

Essentially, they're saying because her boyfriend fired at the cops first after they broke in, the cops were within their rights to use deadly force in response.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
'Small govt' conservatives celebrate as their 'freedom' to use the force of govt to wantonly execute citizens they consider undesirable is upheld.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Essentially, they're saying because her boyfriend fired at the cops first after they broke in, the cops were within their rights to use deadly force in response.
Imagine someone broke into your house in the middle of the night, you took action that you had every conceivable right to believe was in self-defense, and your attackers were exonerated because they are the govt. And all the while, self-labelled 'small govt' conservatives cheer on the govt's infringement of your basic Constitutional rights because of the color of your skin.

That's Trump's America.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Family wanted manslaughter and they are right.

By law you have basically zero right to fire upon officers.
Officers have a huge right to defend themselves - by returning fire.
Why would manslaughter ever be considered?

Now if you'd like to dispute how they conducted their gunfire - that's a legitimate question. But Breonna Taylor was dead the moment her BF tried to legally defend themselves from home invasion. It is important to put an end to such methods, but that should be on the backs of our governments and leaders who authorized such deadly BS. Not on the backs of officers who simply returned fire when fired upon.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Now if you'd like to dispute how they conducted their gunfire - that's a legitimate question. But Breonna Taylor was dead the moment her BF tried to legally defend themselves from home invasion. It is important to put an end to such methods, but that should be on the backs of our governments and leaders who authorized such deadly BS. Not on the backs of officers who simply returned fire when fired upon.

I agree that the only way to fix this massive fuckup on people's rights is through legislation to end no-knock warrants.

Reactions: jman19

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

I like the double standard you support:

Scared police officers facing a stranger? Shoot at will.

Scared people in their home facing unknown people breaking into their home: They have no right to defend themselves.

Apparently blue lives matter more than everybody else’s.

So what we have is a government force, whose lives matter more than the people they are policing with a history of not being held accountable with the ability to use deadly force when they deem necessary. Necessary as defined by the officers themselves with no universal standard.

Certainly seems like smart policy to me, how about you?/eyeroll

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Because the suspect they were looking for was already in custody.