Question 7750 SR - Alcatel

drivel2787

Apr 27, 2021
Hello,

I was curious if anyone has any tips on command reference for things like checking sub-interface creation, VLAN creation/assignment, etc... for an Alcatel 7750 router. I know fumbling my way through that show port "x" will show port details, I have found how to display the config in admin display-config I believe, but I haven't figured out on the fly how to look at VLANS/Sub-interfaces in these routers. I have experience in Cisco and Juniper but just a few days ago got access to provider edge routers for a telecom company I work for supporting a government customer.

drivel2787

Apr 27, 2021
I have actually d--k and the guide you sent I already looked at and didn't see anything about subinterface type configs/vlans/whatever they consider them in alcatel or I wouldn't have posted here. Do you think doing networking for 10-11+ years I didn't think to search google before posting on this forum? Did you have to seriously be an obnoxious about it when someone is just asking for help because the internet is scarce on some commands?

fkoehler

Feb 29, 2008
Well, you didn't mention anything except having this fall in your lap a couple days ago, and finally figured out how to do a show config, and didn't mention doing any other research, and neglected to mention your 10+ years doing networking...
Found a pretty basic configuration manual, however since you seem tetchy, I'll let you find it.

drivel2787

Apr 27, 2021
Well, you didn't mention anything except having this fall in your lap a couple days ago, and finally figured out how to do a show config, and didn't mention doing any other research, and neglected to mention your 10+ years doing networking...
Found a pretty basic configuration manual, however since you seem tetchy, I'll let you find it.

Cool ""thanks"".

dailow

Oct 27, 2001
Nokia (who now own Alcatel-Lucent) is a bit different from a standard Cisco/Juniper deployment because whatever you're deploying will always have a numerical service identifier attached to it.
Cisco kinda has something comparable in some of their carrier Ethernet L2 configs if you're familiar with that.

Some Nokia-specific terminology:
SAP = subinterface (port + VLAN)
IES = Internet
VPRN = VRF

If you just want to find SAPs on a port, you can use the following command:
show service sap-using sap 1/2/3

Replace 1/2/3 with your port number.
You will either get nothing, or you will get a listing of all of the SAPs and their associated service IDs on the port.