720 Dunk in a basketball game ... yes, 2 360's in a row.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeneValgene

Diamond Member
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Pastore
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
Not even close to 360. His back is to the hoop when he takes off. He then angles from the front of the basket to the side, saving himself another quarter turn. He actually does only about 1 1/4 turns in the air, certainly less than 1 1/2 turns. Call it somewhere between 480 and 540, he's not even close to doing a 720.

Jesus you guys are a bunch of retards. I could say, "Hey, I just ate this whole pie!" And you'd say, "No you didn't you freaking liar I see 13 crumbs on that tin plate!"

Why can't anyone appreciate something around here for what it is.

exactly...look how many free throw line dunks where they step on the line, or are at least 1-2 feet inside the line...

this 720 is freaking amazing

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
"The Main Event" fired a pass....uhm....the game itself did it? WTF are they talking about? And what the hell is AND 1?

Jun 20, 2005
Taking nothing away from this dunk, it would only have been more impressive in an NBA game or a faster paced AND 1 game.

Athletic feats such as these are admirable due to their level of difficulty, and this certainly is near the top. If you play basketball and have attempted to do any of these level of dunks (Carter windmills, Jordan reverse double-pumps, what have you -- keyword, attempted ;)), you will realize the incredible skill needed to gracefully execute such a dunk, let alone complete it in the first place. Props.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: GeneValgene
Not even close to 360. His back is to the hoop when he takes off. He then angles from the front of the basket to the side, saving himself another quarter turn. He actually does only about 1 1/4 turns in the air, certainly less than 1 1/2 turns. Call it somewhere between 480 and 540, he's not even close to doing a 720.

Jesus you guys are a bunch of retards. I could say, "Hey, I just ate this whole pie!" And you'd say, "No you didn't you freaking liar I see 13 crumbs on that tin plate!"

exactly...look how many free throw line dunks where they step on the line, or are at least 1-2 feet inside the line...

LOL tell me about it. you will only get it from the "perfectionists" on ATOT though. it must be perfect or it sucks. it's either black or white.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: purbeast0

LOL tell me about it. you will only get it from the "perfectionists" on ATOT though. it must be perfect or it sucks. it's either black or white.

It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be 720. What part of that equation is escaping you? It was a fine 450* dunk. It was a total failure as a 720* dunk since HE DID NOT ROTATE 720 DEGREES!

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
does it matter if it was 720 or less? that dunk was amazing. you guys sound like a bunch of urkels arguing over the algorithm of the dunk.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be 720. What part of that equation is escaping you? It was a fine 450* dunk. It was a total failure as a 720* dunk since HE DID NOT ROTATE 720 DEGREES!

Get over it.

Awesome dunk.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Yes he did

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: jjsole

Get over it.

Yeah, why let those pesky little facts get in the way?

Call it an awesome dunk all you want, that's fine. But the second you call it an awesome 720 dunk you merely show how clueless you are.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE

Yes he did

It was amazing and everyone I have shown that played BB in high school or college was standing with mouths open.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

Get over it.

Call it an awesome dunk all you want, that's fine. But the second you call it an awesome 720 dunk you merely show how clueless you are.

It was a full 720

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

Get over it.

You made me look at it again. Now I can clearly see he landed 720 from where he started.

Now step away from your computer and unplug your modem.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

Get over it.

You made me look at it again. Now I can clearly see he landed 720 from where he started.

Now step away from your computer and unplug your modem.

Look at the angle of his feet when he picks up his dribble and look at the angle of his feet when he lands. he clearly spings atleast 720 degrees. anyone who knows anything about basketball will agree this is a 720 degree dunk. (as the one i'm quoting did after he watched it again).

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
ROFL! You guys are seeing what you want to see and going off on your childish little tantrums. First, look at a better video Here

Then look at the Diagram. The box represents the players orientation, his front is light grey, his back is in black. As you can see from the video his back is to the hoop when he takes off. On the diagonal path he is traveling he completes a full 360 starting with his back to the hoop right in front of it to his back to it again towards the side. He rotates another 90 degrees which on that angle squares him up to the basket. 360+90 = 450. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's about it. The proof is right there on the video.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
ROFL! You guys are seeing what you want to see and going off on your childish little tantrums. First, look at a better video Here

Then look at the Diagram. The box represents the players orientation, his front is light grey, his back is in black. As you can see from the video his back is to the hoop when he takes off. On the diagonal path he is traveling he completes a full 360 starting with his back to the hoop right in front of it to his back to it again towards the side. He rotates another 90 degrees which on that angle squares him up to the basket. 360+90 = 450. Sorry to disappoint you, but that's about it. The proof is right there on the video.

i guess you didnt read what i said ... make your little diagram showing when he picked up his dribble and you will clearly see it's 720 degrees he spun around.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005

720, sorry too disapoint you. :)

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Don't forget to check them out at RealestNiggas.com

*smirk*

Are white people allowed to type that in without being racist?

I'm quoting it, not typing it... cracka!

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
who the fvck cares, it was effin ammazing regardless of whether it was 700 or 720, so STFU...