40% of Youth to Vote Romney

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I think you're right about the basics of the issue (Obama voters staying home rather than jumping on the Romney train). I suspect the election will be much closer than 2008 if Obama does manage to win it.

The problem from the other side though is whether Romney is able to energize enough of HIS base without energizing Obama's base at the same time. It would be interesting if Obama won re-election on the "anybody but Romney" platform ;)

I believe this is why he chose Ryan as his running mate. Same reason why McCain chose Palin. Palin just would up not being smart enough for the job. Had she been the opposite, very intelligent, she would have won him the election.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
Reagan knocked unemployment from 10.8% to 5.3%. Don't let facts get in the way of your theory.

As well as, for a good part of Bush 2, it was very low as well. And Bush 2 inherited a recession AND had to deal with the fallout of 911 AND got saddled with the fallout of the 'everyone has a right to own a home so banks have to give loans to people that wouldn't normally qualify. Was Bush 2 anywhere near perfect? Heck no. But the messiah has had time to turn things around and all we get is businesses afraid to spend money cuz they have no clue what the .gov is gonna saddle them with next. Obama thinks that the only job is a .gov job. He's never held a real job in his life. He has no bloody clue how the private sector works. He's as guilty as any politician at lining his buddies wallets with taxpayer money.

I have no grand illusions about Romney either. I'm not tongue-swabbing his sphincter like all the obamaphiles on here are.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Most analysts point to women being the majority to push Obama ahead.

Ruh-Roh!

and lol...youth not only voting for a republican, but actually turning out to vote? :D

yeah...gl with that one.

I thought that the youth vote was going to push Paul all the way to 1600 Penn Ave :p

Again, typical laziness when push comes to shove.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
As long as the youth actually vote, I'll be happy. Old men have been ruining this country long enough.