360 looks better than PS3

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Shlong
Originally posted by: Murphy Durphy
Originally posted by: Shlong
Originally posted by: Murphy Durphy
Originally posted by: Dacalo
You are comparing PS3's launch title versus Xbox 360 that's been out for a year?

Besides, this game is not console exclusive, meaning it should look alike.

People compared Xbox's launch titles to PS2 2nd gen games (it had been out for a year) and Xbox was still looking better.

They've had a year to improve their console over 360, where is the improvement?

That's because the original Xbox was easier to code for & had better specs. I think the PS3 has better specs but is harder to code for.

That's not the point.

The point is people are saying its unfair to compare games like Gears of War to 1st gen PS3 games, when its not. People did the exact same with PS2 games to 1st gen Xbox games, and Xbox still came out on top.

With that logic, Sony should be too. And they aren't.

Well the main benefit for Gears of War is the Unreal Engine 3. I haven't seen any PS3 games myself but I'm sure if they launched with Gears of War as well it would look just as good.

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. Since everyone's bringing up UE3 for graphics...it's entirely possible that UE3 might not be able to be coded properly for cell. All the Unreal engines have made good use of the DirectX platform IIRC, which I imagine must be embedded in the Xbox360 to a certain extent. Can a DirectX heavy game be properly ported over to cell?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Dacalo
You are comparing PS3's launch title versus Xbox 360 that's been out for a year?

Besides, this game is not console exclusive, meaning it should look alike.

you are right.
the PS3 should be far far better.