360 looks better than PS3

Toonces

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Lonyo
I think they look pretty similar.

QFT. Plus you can't tell me that Tony Hawk *still* has those horrible collision-detection problems, I see the character disappearing into walls and we're on what, the third gen of consoles now?

TravisT

Golden Member
Sep 6, 2002
I saw the PS3 at target, not sure what game it was... some type of racing game. I thought it looked really good personally.

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
You are comparing PS3's launch title versus Xbox 360 that's been out for a year?

Besides, this game is not console exclusive, meaning it should look alike.

Unheard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2003
PS3 looked similar, but wasn't as crisp on some shots. Saw some grain and aliasing.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
This argument shouldn't be based on a tony hawk game. They never had the best graphics for their respective platforms.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Dacalo
You are comparing PS3's launch title versus Xbox 360 that's been out for a year?

Errr...Tony Hawk's Project 8 just came out on the 360 like a week ago.

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Queasy

I think hes saying not to compare a launch title from a new console to a matured one.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
I went into that video thinking the difference would be neglidgeable.

Things I noticed:
1) The color was much better on the 360 version
2) The detail in the shirt the characters were using was certainly better on the Xbox 360
3) The textures look a lot cripser on the 360
4) The HDR lighting through the trees looks better on the 360

That being said...I really doubt this is the PS3 fault and probably has more to do with the developers have a lot more time to tweak the game for final Xbox 360 hardware than for the PS3.

I do firmly believe that any visual/gameplay difference between these two systems will be neglidgeable. There will be a few exclusives on both systems that will look amazing and a lot of cross-developed games that will look good...but neither system having an edge.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: SSP

I think hes saying not to compare a launch title from a new console to a matured one.

Even then, developer's have had a year or so extra to work on games for the PS3 than they did at the 360 launch. Remember, how the PS3 was supposed to be launched back in the Spring?

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: ntdz
Pop in Gears of War and tell me the PS3 has better graphics.

lol.. that's strictly a UE3 engine game, an engine that will be used on the PS3 as well.
plus, Dacalo said.. x360 has been out for a year, PS3 is fresh.
graphics are going to be the same across both consoles, with a possibility that the PS3 can handle better A.I... but not even sure on that.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
I do firmly believe that any visual/gameplay difference between these two systems will be neglidgeable. There will be a few exclusives on both systems that will look amazing and a lot of cross-developed games that will look good...but neither system having an edge.

Yep, it is going to strictly depend on the talent and the work of the individual game developers.

Queasy

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: destrekor
graphics are going to be the same across both consoles, with a possibility that the PS3 can handle better A.I... but not even sure on that.

The Assassin's Creed devs said that the 360 version will have better AI than the PS3 version.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
I have yet to see any video that makes me feel that the PS3 looks any better than the Xbox360 *yet*.

Jun 19, 2004
I saw the NBA demo on the PS3 at Target yesterday and was pretty impressed, though I was disappointed in the actual PS3 units looks itself. Looks like a smoothed over PS2 in person.....not feeling it.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: destrekor

The Assassin's Creed devs said that the 360 version will have better AI than the PS3 version.

that might be the problem of Sony's dev tools not being as friendly as Microsoft's. I certainly think the hardware is more capable, but it all depends on the degree of difficulty to implement something.