$35,000 Tesla Model III Is Coming In 2017

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I was hoping to see a bit more of the 3's manufacturing in that video. It would also be interesting to learn how they handle painting. I'm assuming that machines need to be properly cleaned prior to switching paints, so they probably do a run of a specific color. The video stated that black and white are the two most popular colors (even as a fan of black cars, the white is quite nice), so I'd assume those two colors get more time? I also have no idea how many paint bays/lines they have. (They did show a very brief bit with the paint robots.)

Oh, and I'm curious since I did mess around with my configuration a bit. I ended up going with Midnight Silver Metallic, dropping from Performance to AWD, and adding Full Self-Driving. I did consider being cheap and going with RWD, but it's only 0.1s faster than my current car. Also, whenever people say "even RWD is fast enough", what they're really saying is that the instantaneous torque is "crazy" -- it doesn't mean the car is incredibly fast past that point. I feel like AWD is the nice medium. Although, apparently, the 310 mile range on the RWD car is actually a lie to make the AWD cars look better. Supposedly, the RWD car gets around 335 miles, which is due to the AWD's extra weight, the inability for another motor to perform any extra regenerative braking (the battery only takes so much power from regenerative braking), and the front motor being a less efficient motor. (The rear motor is a newer type that's only found on the Model 3.) You can read more about the motors here.

I'm also not allowing myself to even look at the order/status page again, so I won't be tempted to alter the deal any further. Oh, and I can tell you that trying to get a referral onto your order is a bit of a pain... so if you really want performance with the free supercharging, order it that way to start with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaido

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Oh, and I'm curious since I did mess around with my configuration a bit. I ended up going with Midnight Silver Metallic, dropping from Performance to AWD, and adding Full Self-Driving. I did consider being cheap and going with RWD, but it's only 0.1s faster than my current car. Also, whenever people say "even RWD is fast enough", what they're really saying is that the instantaneous torque is "crazy" -- it doesn't mean the car is incredibly fast past that point. I feel like AWD is the nice medium. Although, apparently, the 310 mile range on the RWD car is actually a lie to make the AWD cars look better. Supposedly, the RWD car gets around 335 miles, which is due to the AWD's extra weight, the inability for another motor to perform any extra regenerative braking (the battery only takes so much power from regenerative braking), and the front motor being a less efficient motor. (The rear motor is a newer type that's only found on the Model 3.) You can read more about the motors here.

I think midnight metallic silver + the white interior would be the combination I would choose, along with an aftermarket chrome delete. The red looks great on it, very Porsche-like, although I think they would benefit from a metallic red option like Mazda has. I liked the blue in the pictures, but it was extremely dark in-person & seeing it IRL actually made me change my mind about it. I actually didn't like the white on the 3...it looks pretty good on the S & the X, but I didn't feel like white was quite the right color on the 3 due to the shape & the lines. The light silver is one of the few cars that silver actually looked good on...most silver cars just look unpainted to me, like they rolled out of the factory without a paintjob on the bare metal, haha. I haven't seen a black one yet. But the midnight silver metallic definitely has that cool gunmetal look to it, understated but cool. I love the X in midnight silver metallic as well, especially with the darker rim option.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Factory tour:

That's really interesting. I'm bummed we didn't get to see much of the process though, as just seeing this gives me a glimpse into how their factory is set up. I work in a steel mill that makes automotive steel (we actually make a part for Tesla) so over the years I've seen a lot of automaking facilities first hand. One of the things I noticed in the video is how cluttered things seem. The manual assembly area looks tighter than any other automaker I've ever seen. Things are in the way, parts don't seem to be laid out in an optimal way to make it easy for the crew to get them into position easily and with good posture. I imagine there's a lot of efficiency lost because of the way you have to move through all the racks and tool boxes because of the lack of room. It's a little hard to describe the difference without seeing alternatives first hand, but it just seems cluttered in comparison.

Granted, I'm comparing this to the likes of Toyota who are the undisputed kings of scheduling, organizing, and mass assembly tailor made to make life easy for the poor SOB that's dealing with such repetitive motion. It's absolutely amazing to watch an Toyota facility function... if you ever get a chance to tour one, I highly suggest it. I guess I'm mostly surprised that Tesla seems to operating a more disorganized line than I expected given the technology involved in their vehicles. I hope they invest in improving that part of the process... I want to see them succeed but they won't be able to ramp up production with inefficiencies that others solved decades ago. Elon made mention of how to get some efficiencies through robot motion improvements, but I didn't see any mention of noting things that need to improve on their manual assembly line. Don't forget about the human beings Mr. Musk... help them help you

Reactions: bigi

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I was hoping to see a bit more of the 3's manufacturing in that video. It would also be interesting to learn how they handle painting. I'm assuming that machines need to be properly cleaned prior to switching paints, so they probably do a run of a specific color. The video stated that black and white are the two most popular colors (even as a fan of black cars, the white is quite nice), so I'd assume those two colors get more time? I also have no idea how many paint bays/lines they have. (They did show a very brief bit with the paint robots.)

Modern automotive painting is so well automated and controlled that they switch colors back to back without issue.

Here's the best video I found showing multiple cars in a row getting painted different colors, and they're all similar. Skip to 5:30 to see the color start to get applied: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVYmhVOVK8s

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
That's really interesting. I'm bummed we didn't get to see much of the process though, as just seeing this gives me a glimpse into how their factory is set up. I work in a steel mill that makes automotive steel (we actually make a part for Tesla) so over the years I've seen a lot of automaking facilities first hand. One of the things I noticed in the video is how cluttered things seem. The manual assembly area looks tighter than any other automaker I've ever seen. Things are in the way, parts don't seem to be laid out in an optimal way to make it easy for the crew to get them into position easily and with good posture. I imagine there's a lot of efficiency lost because of the way you have to move through all the racks and tool boxes because of the lack of room. It's a little hard to describe the difference without seeing alternatives first hand, but it just seems cluttered in comparison.

Granted, I'm comparing this to the likes of Toyota who are the undisputed kings of scheduling, organizing, and mass assembly tailor made to make life easy for the poor SOB that's dealing with such repetitive motion. It's absolutely amazing to watch an Toyota facility function... if you ever get a chance to tour one, I highly suggest it. I guess I'm mostly surprised that Tesla seems to operating a more disorganized line than I expected given the technology involved in their vehicles. I hope they invest in improving that part of the process... I want to see them succeed but they won't be able to ramp up production with inefficiencies that others solved decades ago. Elon made mention of how to get some efficiencies through robot motion improvements, but I didn't see any mention of noting things that need to improve on their manual assembly line. Don't forget about the human beings Mr. Musk... help them help you

I work in a number of shops as well, same deal - some shops have human efficiency figured out, some don't. What they don't realize is that human beings are their greatest assets. Look at people who work at places like google...they give you free food, games, a great computer, etc., and the people give 110% back because they feel cared about. It's simple corporate manipulation, but it's win/win because the people get a nice place to work & the business gets productivity in return (I know that's not all positions at all companies, just using an example). Aside from human interface layout issues, they really need to get on top of other stuff like digital signage, like in the screenshot below...you can easily setup a computer monitor or a UHDTV or an e-ink screen that can get updates pushed to it across the network. I mean, that's minor compared to the point you're making, but they are growing quickly & seem to just be slapping things in to place to get the production line rolling as quickly as possible, so hopefully that will be a problem addressed in the future. But knowing how companies work, the way you set it up is the way it operates forever, haha.

XUBpVIA.jpg

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I work in a number of shops as well, same deal - some shops have human efficiency figured out, some don't. What they don't realize is that human beings are their greatest assets. Look at people who work at places like google...they give you free food, games, a great computer, etc., and the people give 110% back because they feel cared about. It's simple corporate manipulation, but it's win/win because the people get a nice place to work & the business gets productivity in return (I know that's not all positions at all companies, just using an example). Aside from human interface layout issues, they really need to get on top of other stuff like digital signage, like in the screenshot below...you can easily setup a computer monitor or a UHDTV or an e-ink screen that can get updates pushed to it across the network. I mean, that's minor compared to the point you're making, but they are growing quickly & seem to just be slapping things in to place to get the production line rolling as quickly as possible, so hopefully that will be a problem addressed in the future. But knowing how companies work, the way you set it up is the way it operates forever, haha.

I'll make an argument with the paper sheets as seen here, as that's pretty common in the industry as well. One thing we found out is that if you just put up a screen that automatically updates your data, you can guarantee it's up to date... however you also lose some of the personal connection to that data compared to having to update it and communicate it manually. Whoever's responsibility it is to update those sheets and post them daily/weekly/monthly had a much better understanding of where we were and how we were trending when they had to post those sheets manually. When it was a screen, everyone was just reading data but not really committing it to memory, so there was a more disconnected feeling towards the metrics when it was presented digitally. It was an interesting effect that wasn't expected, but it's one of those things that could certainly make things EASIER by going digital, but that doesn't mean it makes it BETTER in the end. That was just one example though, and every employer can handle it differently.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
I'll make an argument with the paper sheets as seen here, as that's pretty common in the industry as well. One thing we found out is that if you just put up a screen that automatically updates your data, you can guarantee it's up to date... however you also lose some of the personal connection to that data compared to having to update it and communicate it manually. Whoever's responsibility it is to update those sheets and post them daily/weekly/monthly had a much better understanding of where we were and how we were trending when they had to post those sheets manually. When it was a screen, everyone was just reading data but not really committing it to memory, so there was a more disconnected feeling towards the metrics when it was presented digitally. It was an interesting effect that wasn't expected, but it's one of those things that could certainly make things EASIER by going digital, but that doesn't mean it makes it BETTER in the end. That was just one example though, and every employer can handle it differently.

That's a good point, although at every company I've worked for, the manager who is on the hook for them always farms out the sheet creation to an underling & just uses the finished product as either talking points or to look pretty on the wall, hahaha.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004

Haha, the devil on the shoulder, I see! The SHO isn't completely unfun, but what might surprise people is that while the SHO is actually somewhat comparable to the M3 in size (it's about 1.5 feet longer), my car weighs about 300 pounds more than a Model 3. :eek: Yeah, my car weighs about as much as an SUV or some trucks. It's got a twin-turbo V6, but you definitely feel that weight during acceleration...

That's what the tuner is for. And fixing that crappy shifting transmission. In Sport mode with 425 HP and 425 ft-lb, the car feels anything but heavy.

Looks like the Model 3 found it's way home for you. Congratulations! It's almost tempting, but the SHO is paid off and I can ALWAYS find gas (though I carry the tuner in case I get stuck in some hole that doesn't offer 93 octane). I just can't think that I can be hauling ass down the highway and always have to be thinking if I can find a spot to recharge on a long trip.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
It's almost tempting, but the SHO is paid off and I can ALWAYS find gas (though I carry the tuner in case I get stuck in some hole that doesn't offer 93 octane). I just can't think that I can be hauling down the highway and always have to be thinking if I can find a spot to recharge on a long trip.

I think a 300-mile range on the long-range Model 3's is pretty livable for the majority of people, especially if you have a secondary ICE vehicle available for long trips so that you don't have to worry about range anxiety. Tesla apologists always talk about how a 20 or 30-minute Supercharger fill-up isn't that bad, but yes, it is. I'm a fanboy & even I will admit to that, haha! It's great to have Supercharging capabilities, from a historical perspective of EV charge times, but my last gas vehicle took 2 minutes & 30 seconds to fill up from completely empty & get back on the road. However, if you don't go more than 100 or 150 miles in a round-trip on a regular basis, then a 3 is definitely doable!

I was just driving my buddy's 82-mile EV this past weekend. Coming home, I had 25 miles left & set it to cruise at highway speeds and watched it drop down to 15 miles of range in a matter of minutes. That was a bit alarming, especially as his doesn't have Supercharging capabilities (electric Honda Fit), so I can definitely see where range anxiety is a real thing. But looking at my driving history, I rarely exceed a daily 150-mile round trip, which is nearly 3 hours of highway driving, so I could see a Model 3 with a LR battery in my future (yeah, the 200-mile battery would be acceptable, but the 300-mile version would mean pretty much zero range anxiety...).

You know. After I cash out all my CoolCoin :D

JoeBleed

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2000
I think a 300-mile range on the long-range Model 3's is pretty livable for the majority of people, especially if you have a secondary ICE vehicle available for long trips so that you don't have to worry about range anxiety. Tesla apologists always talk about how a 20 or 30-minute Supercharger fill-up isn't that bad, but yes, it is. I'm a fanboy & even I will admit to that, haha! It's great to have Supercharging capabilities, from a historical perspective of EV charge times, but my last gas vehicle took 2 minutes & 30 seconds to fill up from completely empty & get back on the road. However, if you don't go more than 100 or 150 miles in a round-trip on a regular basis, then a 3 is definitely doable!

I was just driving my buddy's 82-mile EV this past weekend. Coming home, I had 25 miles left & set it to cruise at highway speeds and watched it drop down to 15 miles of range in a matter of minutes. That was a bit alarming, especially as his doesn't have Supercharging capabilities (electric Honda Fit), so I can definitely see where range anxiety is a real thing. But looking at my driving history, I rarely exceed a daily 150-mile round trip, which is nearly 3 hours of highway driving, so I could see a Model 3 with a LR battery in my future (yeah, the 200-mile battery would be acceptable, but the 300-mile version would mean pretty much zero range anxiety...).

You know. After I cash out all my CoolCoin :D

Part of me wants to cut out some of the quote to shorten things, but i think it's all relevant to my reply.

The other thing to consider for the range and daily round trip for any that have longer commutes. You also need to factor in how long it will take you to charge over night when you're at home. Some places don't have high amp service to their home and upgrading may be a big cost pending on what they have for existing. I've read it would take more than a day to charge one on a standard 120v 15-20 amp circuit. What's their max charging current again, 220v @ 40 or 60 A? Throw in a 2 ton AC unit and you're potentially exceeding 100 A home service at times.

Edit: changed spelling of ton.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
That's what the tuner is for. And fixing that crappy shifting transmission. In Sport mode with 425 HP and 425 ft-lb, the car feels anything but heavy.

Looks like the Model 3 found it's way home for you. Congratulations! It's almost tempting, but the SHO is paid off and I can ALWAYS find gas (though I carry the tuner in case I get stuck in some hole that doesn't offer 93 octane). I just can't think that I can be hauling ass down the highway and always have to be thinking if I can find a spot to recharge on a long trip.

I never bought a tuner for my car, but I usually saw remarks by the sellers that it can unlock a decent amount of performance with essentially no change to the car itself. It was tempting, but I just never got around to it. I think the one thing is that I've always been a fan of technology in a car, and it seems like I'll never really get that out of the Taurus. I even spent a bit upgrading to Sync 3, and it ended up being just as bad as Sync 2 (in other ways)... just a bit snappier. It was also kind of nice to get CarPlay until I realized that CarPlay isn't all that good either. On the other hand, these cars have a huge screen with Google Maps built in that gets constant feature upgrades.

Well, the one nice thing is that the car will help you find any sort of charge point. There are also places that offer free EV charging. They may not be superchargers, but they're still pretty good at around 40-80A.

EDIT:

What's their max charging current again, 220v @ 40 or 60 A? Throw in a 2 ton AC unit and you're potentially exceeding 100 A home service at times.

That depends on the car. Here is Tesla's write-up, which includes a table of charger speeds and also a table of recommended amperage.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I think midnight metallic silver + the white interior would be the combination I would choose, along with an aftermarket chrome delete.

lol my MS is midnight metalic + magnetic black chrome delete.
The magnetic black seems to blend with midnight better then just straight black.

20180908_163243.jpg

I get the most comments however on my red Tesla Emblem.
20180908_163203.jpg

I have been told it looks like lipstick lol... Definitely need to get that emblem dipped in Red, IMO, unless your car is red.

Part of me wants to cut out some of the quote to shorten things, but i think it's all relevant to my reply.

The other thing to consider for the range and daily round trip for any that have longer commutes. You also need to factor in how long it will take you to charge over night when you're at home. Some places don't have high amp service to their home and upgrading may be a big cost pending on what they have for existing. I've read it would take more than a day to charge one on a standard 120v 15-20 amp circuit. What's their max charging current again, 220v @ 40 or 60 A? Throw in a 2 ton AC unit and you're potentially exceeding 100 A home service at times.

Edit: changed spelling of ton.

Adding onto this comment, if anyone is exactly curious on charge rate...

On my MS P100D.

So charging from different sources.

120V 15A ~ 2-3 miles /hr.. If you cant get a 220V service installed in the garage, don't even bother with EV's.
Its quite depressing. Just dont, im serious, if you absolutely need a EV without 220V, then find a good chargepoint station near you. You can look at youtube, and see how sad it is to only charge a tesla at 120V. You will need to hit up a super charger once in a while just to keep it top'd off.

Gen 2 Charger: 220V 32A ~ 24miles / hr. Can take a while considering i have about a 286 (~80%) mile range on a 100D battery.
Gen 1 Charger: 220V 40A ~ 28 miles / hr. This is because i have both gen 1 and gen 2 charger. Gen 2 seems 32A while Gen 1 is 40A.
HPWC: 220V 72A ~ 42 miles / hr. However i dont use this High Power Wall Charger unit at home because the meter spins in over drive, and it honestly scares me.
So i moved this unit to the office. Lucky for me i own the building, so no one can complain about it drawing 72A.

Also if im not mistaken, the M3 can not charge at over 40A on a AC.
Its only the S/X and 100D versions which can do 72A.

Tesla Super Charger: i have gone from 57 miles left to 286 miles in a little over 1 hour.
Most Super chargers are located next to resturants, or coffee places, so that hour goes by fast.

I try to do most of my charging at the office on the HPWC, because i can write off electricty as operation expense on a comercial property.
If i do need to charge at home, i'll most definitely do it on my Gen1 40Amp charger and always during off peak hours.
I do not need to charge every day, as i don't have much of a commute.
I do charge at the office however, and once in a while i'll hit up a super charger when doing a long drive. But on average i have gone 3-4 days without plugging it in, and ive been fine.
I guess its YMMV, so if you live near a super charger, i guess u don't really need a 220v port, and as long as your commutes aren't great, u could technically live off that super charger by visiting it every couple of days.

On another note, i got a email from Tesla saying if you buy a M3 Performance edition, with a referral code, you will get super charging free for life that you own the car.
Conditions are it has to be the performance edition.

If someone needs a referal code, drop me a PM, and i will glady give one out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaido and ponyo

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
The magnetic black seems to blend with midnight better then just straight black.

20180908_163243.jpg

20180908_163203.jpg

I have been told it looks like lipstick lol... Definitely need to get that emblem dipped in Red, IMO, unless your car is red.

Adding onto this comment, if anyone is exactly curious on charge rate...

On my MS P100D.

So charging from different sources.

120V 15A ~ 2-3 miles /hr.. If you cant get a 220V service installed in the garage, don't even bother with EV's.
Its quite depressing. Just dont, im serious, if you absolutely need a EV without 220V, then find a good chargepoint station near you. You can look at youtube, and see how sad it is to only charge a tesla at 120V. You will need to hit up a super charger once in a while just to keep it top'd off.

Gen 2 Charger: 220V 32A ~ 24miles / hr. Can take a while considering i have about a 286 (~80%) mile range on a 100D battery.
Gen 1 Charger: 220V 40A ~ 28 miles / hr. This is because i have both gen 1 and gen 2 charger. Gen 2 seems 32A while Gen 1 is 40A.
HPWC: 220V 72A ~ 42 miles / hr. However i dont use this High Power Wall Charger unit at home because the meter spins in over drive, and it honestly scares me.
So i moved this unit to the office. Lucky for me i own the building, so no one can complain about it drawing 72A.

Also if im not mistaken, the M3 can not charge at over 40A on a AC.
Its only the S/X and 100D versions which can do 72A.

Tesla Super Charger: i have gone from 57 miles left to 286 miles in a little over 1 hour.
Most Super chargers are located next to resturants, or coffee places, so that hour goes by fast.

I try to do most of my charging at the office on the HPWC, because i can write off electricty as operation expense on a comercial property.
If i do need to charge at home, i'll most definitely do it on my Gen1 40Amp charger and always during off peak hours.
I do not need to charge every day, as i don't have much of a commute.
I do charge at the office however, and once in a while i'll hit up a super charger when doing a long drive. But on average i have gone 3-4 days without plugging it in, and ive been fine.
I guess its YMMV, so if you live near a super charger, i guess u don't really need a 220v port, and as long as your commutes aren't great, u could technically live off that super charger by visiting it every couple of days.

On another note, i got a email from Tesla saying if you buy a M3 Performance edition, with a referral code, you will get super charging free for life that you own the car.
Conditions are it has to be the performance edition.

If someone needs a referal code, drop me a PM, and i will glady give one out.

Great info.

I was talking to a master electrician that is doing all the electrical work on a additional floor my company is expanding to in the building we are in. His company did a job for a CEO for a bank here in Colorado for a Tesla charger. in his home and the parking garage of his bank in downtown denver. total bill was about 25K to install at both locations The parking garage install was quite a bit more complicated. the CEO changed his mind and never bought a Tesla. lol

Last edited:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
That red Tesla Emblem is badass. It should come from the factory like that.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com

That’s an interesting take. I’ve been watching YouTube videos from a guy who rebuilds Tesla’s and everything seems to come apart so easily. I would have thought the factory would work in the same manner & logic.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004

20180908_163243.jpg

20180908_163203.jpg

1. Yummy

2. I've seen a couple Model 3's in the midnight grey metallic. Changed my mind. Don't like it on the 3. Looks great on the X & looks amazing on the S. So far, I think the best color on the 3 is the red, although I still wish they offered a tinted clearcoat like Mazda has. Curious to see the two different blacks (solid vs. obsidian metallic) in person. I typically don't like light silver on any car, because to me, it looks like they forgot to paint it at the factory, but I actually like the light silver better than the dark grey. As mentioned, the blue was a lot darker IRL than expected. So I just need to check out the black before I make a color decision :D

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The blue is amazing.... however the red is definitely epic.
Only problem is, cops dont hear a tesla, but they definitely will see a bright red one swooshing in and out of traffic.

Infact, although i miss the sound of a V8, there has been a couple of times where i would be speeding, and then come across a cop car at an intersection with radar ready, and he would not even know that i was speeding because my car makes no noise when accelerating, to warn the cop in advance a car is speeding. :rolleyes:

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
The blue is amazing.... however the red is definitely epic.
Only problem is, cops dont hear a tesla, but they definitely will see a bright red one swooshing in and out of traffic.

Infact, although i miss the sound of a V8, there has been a couple of times where i would be speeding, and then come across a cop car at an intersection with radar ready, and he would not even know that i was speeding because my car makes no noise when accelerating, to warn the cop in advance a car is speeding. :rolleyes:

I've been on the fence about the V8 thing...I test-drove the Mustang GT & it was definitely amazing, but I ended up getting an Ecoboost stick-shift. The MPG is great when you don't gun it, it's quiet enough to have a conversation in, the fake engine noise is surprisingly nice, but you don't get that vibration or throatiness from the V8. I consider this my last ICE vehicle & hope I didn't make the wrong decision by going with the four turbo :D

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Finally saw a red 3 in person rolling down the street in front of my office. I don't really like red cars but god damn if it didn't look good.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Finally saw a red 3 in person rolling down the street in front of my office. I don't really like red cars but god damn if it didn't look good.

I saw a matte red one at a super charger i was at.
It was done in Xpel Stealth.

It looked really really good.
However it was too eye catchy.

My Xpel installer has told me, the two colors which look very eye catchy are the blue and red especially in matte.

However the hardest colors to keep clean are also the blue, red, and the black, because because swirls will really stick out from a poor buff job.

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
They have perfected Model 3 so much that I am really, really looking forward to Model Y. In any case, 3 or Y will be my next car.

And, big YES, the red is just beyond amazing.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I would have to see one in real life. Various pictures make it seem similar to the red color Jag uses. But then others make it out to be a bit lighter.