• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

2021 Backlog Thread

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
After some more tweaking and going back and fourth on the forums with a few other people, this build is damn near unstoppable:
So far I've cleared all the way through Ultimate, completed all of the rogue dungeons, killed every nemesis boss, and killed several of the secret bosses without dying (Although John Burbon and Lokarr made me retreat to heal multiple times and Rashalga almost one-shot me several times). I still have all of the super bosses to kill, but I'll get there eventually.
That's awesome! I haven't really looked into any ranged weapon builds before. I'm guessing those rings required some farming?

Thanks for sharing!

Stg-Flame

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2007
That's awesome! I haven't really looked into any ranged weapon builds before. I'm guessing those rings required some farming?

Thanks for sharing!
Oddly enough, I already had five of those rings. The Rimetongue mask took me the longest to find and since I got tired of running the Crucible, I went back to farming totems, Nemesis Troves, and rogue dungeons for the missing gear. I use GrimStash to help store all my legendary gear I find since I ran out of space in the transfer stash a long time ago.

Personally, I prefer ranged builds since it lets you focus more on damage output than trying to balance defense and offense. The resists are the most important for just surviving normally and that's easily achieved with components and augments. The only downside to ranged builds and casters is that I personally haven't been able to make one that can kill the Celestial bosses yet (though I know other people have accomplished this). My poison/acid DoT character was able to take down Mogdrogen and Lokharr, but none others. I came close numerous times with the Ravager, but the rest I could barely touch.

ASK THE COMMUNITY