• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

2021 Backlog Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I finished the Dragon Quest 2 Demo and I dont think I'll buy the full game.
Its like Minecraft with a small world and lots of quests. The quests are mostly boring crap, and there isnt very much stuff to do outside the quests. Also the combat is boring and tedious. Not recommended unless you desperately need a sandbox game in the Dragon Quest universe and dont care that it doesn't have very much Dragon Quest lore.
I have it in my wish list. Sounds like it's not worth it unless deeply discounted. I probably should try the demo sometime.

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Completed the Banner Saga last night. Will definitely be picking up the 2nd and 3rd in the future but Jesus what a stark game.

Need something lighthearted and silly after that...

GodisanAtheist

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2006
Ok, I have fired up Ori and the Blind Forest. Excellent, beautiful Metroidvania this far, really enjoying myself. Escaping the Ginkgo Tree with the rising flood waters was intense.

On a side note, through sheer dumb luck, I managed to guess my U-Play account's username and password correctly after years of being unable to log in (and the User name being an old now defunct @msn account) and was able to fire up Blood Dragon... So that is next on the list for pure silliness.

ASK THE COMMUNITY