2012 Steam Holiday Sale! DEAD!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Can anyone tell me - when Torchlight 2 was on sale was the 4-pack also on sale? And if so, does anyone recall the price?

Yes, 99% of the time when a game goes on sale its 4 pack will also. In the case of Torchlight 2 I'm pretty sure it was $29.99 for the 4 pack while the game by itself was $9.99.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Yes, 99% of the time when a game goes on sale its 4 pack will also. In the case of Torchlight 2 I'm pretty sure it was $29.99 for the 4 pack while the game by itself was $9.99.

I figured as much. I meant to pick up a pack for my kids for xmas, but missed the day it was on sale. Guess I'll have to wait for a recap sale.

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
Have the Batman games ever been cheaper? I don't have time to play them right now so I'm not sure if I should jump on them or not. Though, for $12.48 for both I don't think that's too bad.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
Have the Batman games ever been cheaper? I don't have time to play them right now so I'm not sure if I should jump on them or not. Though, for $12.48 for both I don't think that's too bad.

I just ran through the main quest of Arkham City GOTY recently and it became one of my all-time favorites. It is an absolute steal for $7.49. I would definitely grab both at the current price.

Artista

Jan 7, 2011
ok stupid question. Is the Batman games third person? Review of PC game is great.

Weeping and gnashing my teeth because I didn't check in time to see borderlands 2 was on sale for half off.

Last edited:

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
I usually don't buy the hype, but Dishonored is damn fun.

Dishonored, Max Payne 3, The Walking Dead, PoP The Forgotten Sands and multiple DLC's so far.....this may be the most expensive holiday sale for me yet. I'm still under $80, so it's all good.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Am I gonna get spit on for mentioning here an amazon sale? I have been waiting for these on sale for so long, and other mite too.

Kane and Lynch 1 Dead men (Steam) 2.99
http://www.amazon.com/Kane-Lynch-Dea...kane+and+lynch

Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days (Steam 3.99)
http://www.amazon.com/Kane-and-Lynch...rhf_dp_p_img_4

DLC not on sale.

LessThanDan, put the beer in the fridge.

Awesome. :thumbsup: $2.99 is definitely the cheapest I've seen Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. Dog Days has been cheaper ($3.74), but 25 cents is pretty negligible. In total, that's a lot of game for under $7.

I will warn you though: K&L #1 uses GFWL. I know that turns off a lot of people, so I just wanted to make sure you knew. It doesn't bother me personally but then again I'm the only person in the world who's never had a problem with GFWL.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
Awesome. :thumbsup: $2.99 is definitely the cheapest I've seen Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. Dog Days has been cheaper ($3.74), but 25 cents is pretty negligible. In total, that's a lot of game for under $7.

I will warn you though: K&L #1 uses GFWL. I know that turns off a lot of people, so I just wanted to make sure you knew. It doesn't bother me personally but then again I'm the only person in the world who's never had a problem with GFWL.

I use GFWL and after the hell of setting it up I can just ignore it. It's slow and ugly but doesn't get in the way. lol.

Have you the Doggy Bag DLC? What does it really add for single player? Is it worth it if it ever hits 2 bucks on Steam?

[Edit] And who is the nincompoop that voted for Civ IV as a daily deal?

Last edited:

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
the batman games ARE GREAT

played both, without doing many of the side stuff and it took me aproximately 15-20hs each to finish them. And they are pretty well done and entertaining...

I would be playing arkham city right now if it wasnt because darksiders 2 got in the way

power_hour

Oct 16, 2010
the batman games ARE GREAT

played both, without doing many of the side stuff and it took me aproximately 15-20hs each to finish them. And they are pretty well done and entertaining...

I would be playing arkham city right now if it wasnt because darksiders 2 got in the way

Now you peaked my interest. Darksiders franchise for $13.59. Must resist... :whiste:

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Tropico 4 community choice deal for $6 should be a buy if you don't already own it. Kinda like Sim City, but with a real game behind it; like how Terraria differs from Minecraft.

Picked up Lego LOTR from Amazon for $7.50, and not liking it nearly as much as I did the Batman and Star Wars games. Glad I didn't spend $30 on it.

Thinking about picking up Divine Divinity for some old school RPG/action, and hope FTL hits 50-75% (heard good things about it). Doubt AC3 will go on sale which sucks.

Got bored with Darksiders 2 after about 4 hours... don't get all the hype. Loved the first game, but this one doesn't really grab me.

Last edited: