2012 Steam Holiday Sale! DEAD!

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Same, everything that is a daily today has already been a flash/community sale

Though I might get Natural Selection 2 this time, hmm

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
Can anyone recommend a game women would enjoy? Trying to find something without a lot of shooting/violence. Sims 3 is up today, which looks like an obvious one (although still a bit expensive at $10). Other thoughts?

EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
Can anyone recommend a game women would enjoy? Trying to find something without a lot of shooting/violence. Sims 3 is up today, which looks like an obvious one (although still a bit expensive at $10). Other thoughts?

women like... your wife/girlfriend?

you could both play castle crashers together and have a fun time

tropico 4... about building your own city and taking care of politics and stuff like that

That is from todays deals..

if not, go to the 2nd post in which Kaotik typed the "hidden" sales... a good part of the indie games are safe for a woman to play :p specially those puzzle games

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
women like... your wife/girlfriend?

you could both play castle crashers together and have a fun time

tropico 4... about building your own city and taking care of politics and stuff like that

That is from todays deals..

if not, go to the 2nd post in which Kaotik typed the "hidden" sales... a good part of the indie games are safe for a woman to play :p specially those puzzle games

Thanks - I'm checking those out now. Finding games we could play together would be cool, but actually, I'm trying to find something to keep her busy as I play BF3/Hitman/FC3/BL2, etc.!

Whiskyboy

Nov 13, 2002
Do the other games in the series typically go on sale for community votes deals? I haven't touched the entire Assassin's Creed series and would probably want the whole package if it was included.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Do the other games in the series typically go on sale for community votes deals? I haven't touched the entire Assassin's Creed series and would probably want the whole package if it was included.

That is hit or miss. Sometimes the series goes on sale, other times just the one game. I voted for Assassin's Creed 2 just for that reason (I want AC Rev)

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
For Tropico 4 the Modern Times campaign adds a lot. After the base game campaign.

AlexAL

Jan 23, 2008
ok stupid question. Is the Batman games third person? Review of PC game is great.

Weeping and gnashing my teeth because I didn't check in time to see borderlands 2 was on sale for half off.

Half off again.

Apr 12, 2010
Would be nice to get in on some of these sales, but I'll have to pass until I can get a new computer powerful enough to record gameplay.
Regardless of anything, the deep discounts Steam offers feels like a customer appreciation, at worst.
Wish PSN offered these kinds of discounts, but there's no love there.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009

$10 is still expensive? Look at that gaming rig you have, then reconsider:)

Termie

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
www.techbuyersguru.com
$10 is still expensive? Look at that gaming rig you have, then reconsider:)

A valid argument, sir - but paying $10 for Sims 3, a game released in June 2009? That's not the "steam sale" I'm looking for!

By the way, I think I've decided to pick up Prince of Persia (2008) for the lady if it goes back on sale - it was $2.49 the first day.

raasco

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2009
I just think we're spoiled from the past sales. I spent a whole $70 for four games I wanted. No wonder consoles are getting most of the preference for AAA title releases. Look at whats happening with GTA V?