Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
My advice is to stop dropping subtle hints and just tell him bluntly how you feel. If he's anything like me he'll appreciate that you're making it easier for him to make you happy.

You don't have to be mean about it. Try taking him on some elaborate dates that you've planned out or have him "practice" by planning some dates with your help.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
From your cliff's notes, I'd say that you seem ungrateful that he even took you out on a date. Prepare yourself for being let down in life. Maybe you shouldn't expect every "date" with your SO to be earth-shattering and filled with fireworks?

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: SearchMaster
Originally posted by: KarenMarie
Originally posted by: Tomato
You have a very good point, jaedaliu. At this point, I'm still really hoping he'll take a hint from my efforts and try to do something similar, but I've been waiting for almost a year and a half for that now. I don't want to make him angry or upset, or make him feel inadequate... I just would like a little more. I think I will talk to him about it, but want to present my feelings to him in a way that won't make him feel attacked or "not good enough."
most guys suck at hints. no offense to the guys here.. but most of them do, in stuff like this. I also read above that you know he is clueless about this stuff, and that you knew from the beginning that he was a simple guy. well, then he is a simple guy who is clueless about stuff like this... the fact that he tried is all the more special coming from a guy like that.

:)

This is a woman who understand men.

I am a bit older... been there, done that, type of gal who has been thru the mills with guys...here is what I have learned...

Men do not think like women. Most of the time they do not understand how women think. They cannot over dramatize or emotionalize stuff. they suck at hints, and need to be given detailed instructions at matters of the heart. Most of them would be willing to move heaven and earth to please the woman they love... but they do not read minds and for a woman to think "he should have known" is a huge barrier in communication.

Men are usually simple (as in uncomplicated, not in as stupid) and basic when it comes to romance and emotional stuff.

What a guy starts out as when you get him is usually is all he is gonna be. You can 'train' (sorry, it is the best fitting word) a guy to pick up his underwear, or help with the housework, and even give women space at PMS stuff... but if he is not a hopeless romantic, great communicator or huge socialite when you found him... chances are no one is gonna change them.

No one can make a cat be a dog... and the same can be said for men and women. Best to know what you want from the get go than to hope things will change later.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Nik
From your cliff's notes, I'd say that you seem ungrateful that he even took you out on a date. Prepare yourself for being let down in life. Maybe you shouldn't expect every "date" with your SO to be earth-shattering and filled with fireworks?

next time read more than just the cliff notes.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
You have a very good point, jaedaliu. At this point, I'm still really hoping he'll take a hint from my efforts and try to do something similar, but I've been waiting for almost a year and a half for that now. I don't want to make him angry or upset, or make him feel inadequate... I just would like a little more. I think I will talk to him about it, but want to present my feelings to him in a way that won't make him feel attacked or "not good enough."
most guys suck at hints. no offense to the guys here.. but most of them do, in stuff like this. I also read above that you know he is clueless about this stuff, and that you knew from the beginning that he was a simple guy. well, then he is a simple guy who is clueless about stuff like this... the fact that he tried is all the more special coming from a guy like that.

I am a bit older... been there, done that, type of gal who has been thru the mills with guys...here is what I have learned...

Men do not think like women. Most of the time they do not understand how women think. They cannot over dramatize or emotionalize stuff. they suck at hints, and need to be given detailed instructions at matters of the heart. Most of them would be willing to move heaven and earth to please the woman they love... but they do not read minds and for a woman to think "he should have known" is a huge barrier in communication.

Men are usually simple (as in uncomplicated, not in as stupid) and basic when it comes to romance and emotional stuff.

What a guy starts out as when you get him is usually is all he is gonna be. You can 'train' (sorry, it is the best fitting word) a guy to pick up his underwear, or help with the housework, and even give women space at PMS stuff... but if he is not a hopeless romantic, great communicator or huge socialite when you found him... chances are no one is gonna change them.

No one can make a cat be a dog... and the same can be said for men and women. Best to know what you want from the get go than to hope things will change later.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: xospec1alk

next time read more than just the cliff notes.

:thumbsup:

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001

man do you have to be negative in EVERY fvuking thread?

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

thats not exactly true...
I was never a romantic before I learned it from my first wife...
she taught me to pay attention and what girls actually like....

I learned from her and use it in every single relationship after that..

Now I actually enjoy coming up with new romantic things to do... it can be alot of fun.