11th Annual Folding@Home Holiday Season 3-way Race

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
@VirtualLarry, WonderboyP8NT, petrusbroder: Lots of different stats out there: Total; ppd; team; sub-team; so the confusion is warranted, but WonderboyP8NT is correct, he is ahead of Larry for the RACE in the last stats posting.
2w561lc.png

@Kisksa: Good heavens man. The luck you're having. :(

@borandi: Sorry about your troubles, but thanks for the additional info on TeAm performance! It brings an evil grin to my avatar's face!

@marksgii: Welcome aboard! Good to have you! What name do you use for folding so we can find your stats?

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Sorry I'm late but I would like to join in with team Anandtech
Welcome to the TeAm, marksgii.

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. Your first drink is on the house, what will you have?:)

Reactions: biodoc

Samastrike

Jul 26, 2013
And my GT840m dGPU has failed, in a catastrophic way. Leaving scorch marks on the motherboard, so a RMA is in progress. That GPU was outputting 80k as well. :(

80k??? Man your laptop must be magic because my GTX960m is only doing 50-75k ppd depending on the task.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Ken_g6, where did you go? You're not showing up on my top5 overtakes page any more? You pass me? Or something happened to your GPU?

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Ken_g6, where did you go? You're not showing up on my top5 overtakes page any more? You pass me? Or something happened to your GPU?
You added enough power to pass me and you're getting away from me. And I haven't decided to order any more video cards yet.

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
TH output and TA are still climbing. Even the Canuck's are climbing, just not to the point of lift off. Haven't seen this much interest in FAH in a long time. Makes me smile. :)

I'm thinking the competition between Tom's and Anandtech may continue even after the official race has ended. :cool:

Also be interested to see where Yeti's and Snowmen stand after today.

Nov 18, 2016
@theAnimal that's exactly what i meant. with F@H i can witness directly - even read if only i was able to - the results of my contribution. not so much with many organizations at least here in italy where scamming and corruption are the national sports. :/

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Here are the stats for December 5, 2016, the third full day of the race. The stats are from http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=, updated at 18:00 UTC (=12pm CST). Only the points count. The ppd is there for information only.

The Teams' stats
154ynw0.jpg

A diagram of the production of each team (Y-axis) for each day (X-axis)
2s6pteo.jpg

The overtake stats
j8icfk.jpg

The Yetis vs. The Snowmen
316opj5.jpg

The daily production for the teams
2ng4jl0.jpg

The Snowmen outproduced the Yetis for the first time. Well done!

The daily production for the racers
2u92w4z.jpg

Well, it seems that the race will be exciting!
Let us fold a bit more, shall we??? ;-)

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Peter/Tony, my RMA cards are at the store to be picked up, so my PPD will drop 1.5-2 million

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
Yeah! Oops, I mean, man, sorry to hear that. ;)

I will probably get in trouble for posting this here, but if anyone would like to acquire 1 to 3 GTX 980s, stock clock, reference blowers, for $250ea paypal shipped priority (US) msg me. 375k-400k ppd ea. Also one EVGA 980Ti (stock clock, twin fan cooler) for $350 shipped US, 500k ppd and beyond.

Attention AT Crunchers: TennesseeTony is allowed to list his video cards here in the Distributed Computing Forum because he is specifically offering them to his fellow crunchers and the items listed are of special interest to Distributed Computing Projects. Normally any items that you want to sell must be posted in the "For Sale/Trade" Forum.

Moderator: Smoke

Last edited by a moderator:

Markfw

May 16, 2002
TH output and TA are still climbing. Even the Canuck's are climbing, just not to the point of lift off. Haven't seen this much interest in FAH in a long time. Makes me smile. :)

I'm thinking the competition between Tom's and Anandtech may continue even after the official race has ended. :cool:

Also be interested to see where Yeti's and Snowmen stand after today.

That will change significantly tomorrow with my PPD change. (-1.5-2 mill)

WarehouseMonkey

Dec 3, 2016
Just passed Assimilator, Ken_g6. Larry and OrangeKid are next. :D Trying to keep WarehouseMonkey at bay.

I think after this race I'll stick my old mining cards out to retire; consolidate and move up. Too many 7000 series cards laying ar
Just passed Assimilator, Ken_g6. Larry and OrangeKid are next. :D Trying to keep WarehouseMonkey at bay.

I think after this race I'll stick my old mining cards out to retire; consolidate and move up. Too many 7000 series cards laying around.

Guess I'm going to have to avoid gaming for a bit... :)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Is it bad when the lights dim, the UPS under the desk clicks, the monitor comes on, then shuts right back off? (Monitor is plugged into UPS battery outlet, PC is plugged into surge-only, I think.)

The fridge has been sounding slightly different too. I think I might be at the edge of my power capacity.

Edit: Well, the good news is, I slid my PC with the 2x 7950 3GB cards out of the front of the cubby. It's a total PITA, and is in the way of the doorway, but now temps for the top card dropped from 90C, to 72C.

Quite a difference!

I'm thinking, I should cut a hole in the back of the cubby, and mount an exhaust fan there, to draw air in from the front.

Edit: Whoohoo, I've reached TeAm rank #50. Top 50, baby. :)

I should be able to climb to 46 in a few days, then maybe I'll get overtaken a few spots again.

Last edited:

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
No Larry, the dimming of the lights and other issues are just confirmation that the electricians screwed the terminals of your outlets/breaker to the proper torque. Cough cough.

Do you think you can, I dunno, buy a $7 usb wifi adapter, and put a 'heater'...in the bathroom maybe? The wife might appreciate a bit of heat after a bath.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Larry, Tony has the right idea. I for example have 2 in my bedroom, 2 in the movie room, 2 in the dining room, and 4 in the computer room, and these are nicely spaced all over the house. I have one 20 inch box fan exhausting hot air from the computer room, and the rest heat the house. Its now freezing at night here, and the furnace never comes on.

Nov 18, 2016
Italia? Hey, ciao bello! Buona Sera!
ciao tony, cosa sei, un italiano all'estero oppure uno che ha studiato italiano per gusto personale?

to everyone else, please don't mind us. we are happily spamming the thread in my country's language but i assure you, it's all folding related. :D

TennesseeTony

Elite Member
Aug 2, 2003
www.google.com
ciao tony, cosa sei, un italiano all'estero oppure uno che ha studiato italiano per gusto personale?

to everyone else, please don't mind us. we are happily spamming the thread in my country's language but i assure you, it's all folding related. :D

I spent two years in La Maddalena, Sardinia, and about two years in Gaeta on the mainland, when I was in the Navy. I can order food and greet people. Other than that I can use Google translate. :D