100,000 miles for AT

Page 280 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I've been cranking out the mileage lately. I included some walking this week. I've ran an AM run and PM run twice this week as well as did a MADD walk with my daughter (we ran and walked it). So, my Sunday to Saturday mileage is 32miles for the week. I just ran another 13.1 today, but that will be counted as next week (Sun-Sat). I have one more half marathon I want to do (on Fathers Day), so I'll taper my mileage a bit over the next 2 weeks.

+ 32
=====

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
I ran a total of 5 crappy miles over the weekend. I pulled some kind of muscle in the upper thigh / groin area (doing a warmup of all things) and I probably shouldn't have even run that much. So much for "dynamic" stretching.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
+12 miles since I last posted. Before running a half-marathon two weekends ago, I had some blood work done. Got the results last week and have elevated CPK levels. My MD wanted me to stop running for a month but I talked him into getting retested and letting me run a half this weekend.

From what I've read, you need to have a CPL level in 1000s and have brown/bloody urine to be considered dangerous. Dojn't have those issues currently.

deadken

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
... I had some blood work done. Got the results last week and have elevated CPK levels. My MD wanted me to stop running for a month but I talked him into getting retested and letting me run a half this weekend...
Yikes! Might I ask how often you get blood work done? I typically only get it done once a year as part of a physical. Do you have any other health issues? (I'm wondering if you have diabetes or something that might make you get more frequent blood work.

I hope everything works out okay for you!

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Yikes! Might I ask how often you get blood work done? I typically only get it done once a year as part of a physical. Do you have any other health issues? (I'm wondering if you have diabetes or something that might make you get more frequent blood work.

I hope everything works out okay for you!

Thanks! I have hypothyroidism, so I go in for blood tests every six months. This time around, since the marathon, I have been dealing with fatigue and every time I run my legs have felt dead, so I thought I might need an adjustment to my thyroid medication but instead the elevated CPK levels was the reason.

My legs still don't feel completely fresh even though I ran a half-marathon a couple of weeks ago and running another one this Sunday. I go in Friday to get retested after taking a couple of days off from running(last time I had run 6 miles the night before). Hopefully, the counts have dropped more.

Between the half-marathon this weekend and getting back the new test results next Monday or Tuesday, we'll have a better idea if it was just from undertraining due to injury to run Boston and the marathon killed me that much or if I may have Rhabdomyolysis or something.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
+5 last night. Just doing easy miles going into my first ultra (50K) this weekend. The only real goal is to finish, and not be miserable! Should be hot, unfortunately, but I'll just back off the pace to compensate.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
5 miles tonight.

Good luck this weekend Mursilis! I'm sure you will have a great time.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
4 mile run tonight to give the new shoes (New Balance 1080) a test run. I've been doing a lot of pavement running and hoping a more cushioned ride helps keep my feet a little happier. That, or it's just fun to get new shoes!

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
+31 miles

50K done. 5:56. Given the heat (high of 85) and my complete lack of trail running experience, I'm OK with that. That trail running business is a whole different animal! My feet are a mess. Looking forward to a few days off.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Yup trail running is completely different animal and I love it!! Congrats on finishing!! Take some rest and savor it. I'm off for a few days with a sore hip/knee. Back on the trails on tuesday for me.