【Maxon】Cinebench R20 Benchmark Thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fir

Jan 15, 2010
Not too many Mac users here so I gave it a whirl on my mbp. Not shabby for a laptop!

R15

7dJNmAT.png

R20

YuwIWXb.png

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
@ what ghz was it peaking on during the run ? Interested compared to my Rome@2.6. I see it says 3.7, but is that what you are running it at ?

Here's 4.2ghz all core, excuse the poor phone pic. The faster 4.2 score is with tightened timings vs stock timings.

20191219_152619.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: lightmanek

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Hmm you should be getting more performance than that. What clocks are you getting during that run? Solid 4175 MHz?

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Hmm you should be getting more performance than that. What clocks are you getting during that run? Solid 4175 MHz?

Prob due to temps hitting almost 80cel its prob hitting the typical 3.9ghz it does when it folds full tilt. Why i need this Dark Rock Pro 4 which i just ordered a while ago :)

Edit: ran again same exact score not kidding and yup its loading to the same clocks as when it folds. I got this up and running real quick to get back into folding, so i didn't do that much in the way of updates. Still on 1709 as i paused updates as i wasn't in the mood for 2 hours of updates when i just wanted back online. :D Will update now, i almost forgot to do that lol.

Last edited:

.vodka

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2014
Still on 1709

Yeah, time to upgrade. You're missing all windows side tweaks (preferred cores, CCX awareness, lots of etc) to get the most out of your 3900x. Latest release + latest chipset driver should get you well into the 7000s. You're not running on an old BIOS too, right? If so, update that as well.

2004 just got released, you might as well do a clean install and start over fresh.

Reactions: Makaveli

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Okay. Looks like you have a clockspeed deficit.

Not sure why i got the default profile in Ryzen Master applied and now 1.38v on mem to fix these crashes well i hope it does anyways. What to do to fix it from here well idk besides fixing this installation perhaps? Running the October drivers you suggested to me before with the 1.0.0.4 AGESA.

Yeah, time to upgrade. You're missing all windows side tweaks (preferred cores, CCX awareness, lots of etc) to get the most out of your 3900x. Latest release + latest chipset driver should get you well into the 7000s. You're not running on an old BIOS too, right? If so, update that as well.

2004 just got released, you might as well do a clean install and start over fresh.

Well waiting for the NVME cause it should be here soon, usually i install then let it fully update but this thing is botched since i made the mistake of pausing the updates momentarily. That is ok, i only did a fresh install cause i didn't plan on the nvme then changed my mind. Now i got all the reason in the world to do it all over again. If this fixes the clockspeed deficit or its some uber special setting idk. Used to Intels plug n play approach, not this. Not that i am incapable of fixing it but its quite annoying still.

I did hear the power plans can cause havoc? I got the AMD balanced plan currently enabled. I could run the high performance perhaps, assuming this does anything. I never idle so idk how it plays with full loads and stuff where i usually sit.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Not sure why i got the default profile in Ryzen Master applied and now 1.38v on mem to fix these crashes well i hope it does anyways. What to do to fix it from here well idk besides fixing this installation perhaps? Running the October drivers you suggested to me before with the 1.0.0.4 AGESA.

Well waiting for the NVME cause it should be here soon, usually i install then let it fully update but this thing is botched since i made the mistake of pausing the updates momentarily. That is ok, i only did a fresh install cause i didn't plan on the nvme then changed my mind. Now i got all the reason in the world to do it all over again. If this fixes the clockspeed deficit or its some uber special setting idk. Used to Intels plug n play approach, not this. Not that i am incapable of fixing it but its quite annoying still.

I did hear the power plans can cause havoc? I got the AMD balanced plan currently enabled. I could run the high performance perhaps, assuming this does anything. I never idle so idk how it plays with full loads and stuff where i usually sit.
OK, I see you know the 1.38 was memory. So, here is what I did on 3 different 3900x setup running BOINC all the time.

Install the latest version of win 10/linux.
I think I am on 1.0.0.3 or maybe 4.
Set the memory voltage at 1.375, and the the speed to whatever is rated (3200 or 3600)

I don't even install the AMD drivers all the time.
And I don't touch the power plan.

Never had a crash

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
OK, I see you know the 1.38 was memory. So, here is what I did on 3 different 3900x setup running BOINC all the time.

Install the latest version of win 10/linux.
I think I am on 1.0.0.3 or maybe 4.
Set the memory voltage at 1.375, and the the speed to whatever is rated (3200 or 3600)

I don't even install the AMD drivers all the time.
And I don't touch the power plan.

Never had a crash

Sent message as i felt i was sorta derailing thread. Sorry hope that is alright.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
@mopardude87

You running the Ryzen Performance power profile?

I did but i saw suggestions to use the Windows balanced plan and i have been using this. Sorry for the late reply, not getting notifications half the time it seems these days. Besides the recent drop back to 105 TDDP i manually adjusted my ram after another crash. My Cinebench r20 scored jumped right to 7161.Not sure where it sits now with the 105 TDDP though, will prob bench after i install the new stuff tomorrow.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
If you care about benchmark scores, you probably want Ryzen Performance.

I only care for the most stability, whichever is best. It seems to vary from person to person. I thought the bench would reinforce the idea that maybe since i manually set my ram that suddenly performance has hit a all time high vs XMP enabled.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
The scheduler shouldn't make a difference in stability.

I had this feeling but idk i seen cases but meh maybe it was a placebo for them like me thinking my soundblaster earlier on was crashing my stuff, when its just fine. I just put it back to AMD performance. Gonna run a quick deal and see what i get since i enabled this TDDP of 105W. Will edit post with result :p

Edit:6833 and then on reg balanced i get the best score consistently of 6885 pretty much.

Last edited:

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
What I think is ridiculous, its that Maxon has not updated the higher level scores. I can't remember what my 7742 did before I installed linux, but I think it beat everything, but no mention of it or other EPYC systems. The most recent AMD is a 1950x ? I have sold most of those, and a 3990x would be faster than my 7742, due to clock.