You Will Never Find A Song Darker Than This!

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Never listened to Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral?

I think Amon Amarth's Blood Eagle may be darker than this, it's about someone reveling in a torturous revenge killing.
Probably a few Cure songs that could meet the mark too.
I guess ultimately I'm saying that I disagree with your premise. It's dark, but not the darkest.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
For mainstream pop rock, Marilyn Manson does a decent job.

I find a lot of DSBM stuff to be boring even if its "darker."

That said, I do love a a lot of dark themed musics, like pretty much any Doom metal or Meloncholy rock.

Here is something i'd consider to be very listenable/mainstream friendly that even non-metal people can enjoy.

Oceans of Slumber covering Solitude by Candlemass

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
I always hated Marilyn Manson and his garbage music. He had one catchy song and the rest was bad NIN rip offs.

Feb 4, 2009
I always hated Marilyn Manson and his garbage music. He had one catchy song and the rest was bad NIN rip offs.

Manson is in this video and I believe does some vocals on Gave Up. Always found the emotionless guy around 1:50 funny.

Trent needs a mic again and someone pick him up

The drummer is listening to Pantera, I’m going deep with that reference

Last edited:

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Manson is in this video and I believe does some vocals on Gave Up. Always found the emotionless guy around 1:50 funny.

Trent needs a mic again and someone pick him up

The drummer is listening to Pantera, I’m going deep with that reference
Yeah, Reznor sort of mentored Manson for a while, and they ended up having a bit of a falling out. He's one of the people that Starfuckers Inc was originally written about.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
The Johnny Cash version was even more disturbing. His wife standing looking at him all worried. All of Cash’s stuff hanging around disorganized and in disrepair.
Then Cash dies a short time after doing the cover.
Man that was disturbing.

AGREE! I watched that video every time I needed a good cry, probably one of the best covers ever. I had the honor of seeing the man in black at a concert, he was amazing

Reactions: Captante
Feb 4, 2009
AGREE! I watched that video every time I needed a good cry, probably one of the best covers ever. I had the honor of seeing the man in black at a concert, he was amazing

Im not a Cash fan but yeah I respect the guy. First hearing it on a rock station I used to listen to was weird but cool, then seeing the video was sad, disturbing and uplifting all wrapped up in a short video.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
The Johnny Cash version was even more disturbing. His wife standing looking at him all worried. All of Cash’s stuff hanging around disorganized and in disrepair.
Then Cash dies a short time after doing the cover.
Man that was disturbing.
That would be the VIDEO. The song? Trent is far more powerful than Johnny Cash.