You will be assimilated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
EA already has the future pf GTA planned out. A new game every year, with the only difference being the names of the characters. GTA 2009, GTA 2010, GTA 2011, etc....

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
EA would ruin the GTA series I'd think. It's too controversial for them, though they did stand behind Mass Effect, but it's not anywhere near on the same level.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Aww ffs, I really hope Activision Blizzard can take EA down a few notches....heres some more franchises going to shit.

Kur

Feb 19, 2005
Originally posted by: Daverino
All I have to say is pray for Valve and Steam. Yes you may hate Steam, etc. etc. but it keeps Valve's coffers flush and is their firewall against EA at present.

Valve is owned by EA...

postmortemIA

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2006
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Well take2 is refusing the offer till after GTA is released.
Seems to me they are just putting it off till the release in the hope of higher stock prices.
Its not a 'We don't like EA', its a 'We want more money'.

It is that EA gets GTA 4 for free (development cost paid by Take 2) and basically can cover chunk of cost of buying the Take 2 by pure profit from GTA 4 sales.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: Kur
Originally posted by: Daverino
All I have to say is pray for Valve and Steam. Yes you may hate Steam, etc. etc. but it keeps Valve's coffers flush and is their firewall against EA at present.

Valve is owned by EA...

No, they don't. Valve simply chose them as the B&M publisher of late.

Valve will never be owned by anyone unless they want to be - which I doubt. For one, they're immensely profitable, for two, Gabe Newell alone has enough dough left over from his Microsoft days to keep that ship afloat for quite a while under its own steam (no pun intended).

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
I sent an email to taketwo corporate. Yeah yeah i know, thats useless, they wont listen, etc etc, but as a conerned fan i had to say something and it beats doing nothing. They cant ruin GTA in the same way theyve done to c&c and simcity and themepark god damnit i hate EA so frickin much!!

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Originally posted by: BladeVenom
EA already has the future pf GTA planned out. A new game every year, with the only difference being the names of the characters. GTA 2009, GTA 2010, GTA 2011, etc....

Hehe, thats funny! :)