You will be a part of history

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Specop 007
Originally posted by: Robor
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!

Ironic you call Obama a racist with that sig.

Ironic you supporting crime under the disguise of racism.

I call a spade a spade, nothing more. At some point in our history facts were replaced with feelings and political correctness.

Please tell me how I am 'supporting crime' by pointing out your racially insulting sig has no place in an internet forum.

As regards the underlined portion of your above remark; I believe we have traveled down this path recently. IIRC, per Derek if the sig is factually accurate, it can stay. However, if you want to take this up might I suggest you take it to PFI so as not to derail this thread.

T.I.A.

Fern
AnandTech P&N Moderator

Dec 26, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481
Obama is not black.

but if it means we can strike down affirmative action the day after inauguration day, I'm all for pretending.

but seriously... are you high or something?

Couldn't have put it better myself.

AA=fail.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Here's an idea: grow the fuck up, cut the shit, and familiarize yourself with the individual you're speaking to and what their stances are before you toss your lunch.

You keep trying to place all of this in the context of the religious right and the past 8 years. Here's a newsflash you little cumstain: those years are behind us. They're irrelevant in terms of the next president. I don't give a fuck about a McCain presidency because 1) I don't support McCain and, more importantly 2) he's not going to be elected.

I don't care about the religious right at this moment because, while they've been my problem for the past 8 years, they're not my problem for the next 4.

Get it?

Those years may be behind us but it's not like there's a clean slate on 1/20/09. Whoever wins this election is going to have one hellova mess to clean up. The (R)'s had their chance from 2000-2006. It's time to give the (D)'s a chance.

Oh no question. I don't think anyone is disputing that Bush's presidency will go down as one of the most difficult to clean up after and follow. The discussion to which you responded started with me saying that I am rather skeptical of those who follow Obama - largely an unknown at this point - in cult-like fashion. Someone responded by bringing up McCain and the religious right... for some reason. My end point on the matter was that I don't care about McCain and the religious right at this point in time because they're not the ones who will be at the helm for the next 4 years. They're not "in play", so to speak.

If they were, we'd be having an entirely different discussion.

I honestly think much of Obama's popularity comes from how bad GWB has been at everything. If Kerry had 50% of Obama's charisma he probably would have won in 2004.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Here's an idea: grow the fuck up, cut the shit, and familiarize yourself with the individual you're speaking to and what their stances are before you toss your lunch.

You keep trying to place all of this in the context of the religious right and the past 8 years. Here's a newsflash you little cumstain: those years are behind us. They're irrelevant in terms of the next president. I don't give a fuck about a McCain presidency because 1) I don't support McCain and, more importantly 2) he's not going to be elected.

I don't care about the religious right at this moment because, while they've been my problem for the past 8 years, they're not my problem for the next 4.

Get it?

Those years may be behind us but it's not like there's a clean slate on 1/20/09. Whoever wins this election is going to have one hellova mess to clean up. The (R)'s had their chance from 2000-2006. It's time to give the (D)'s a chance.

Oh no question. I don't think anyone is disputing that Bush's presidency will go down as one of the most difficult to clean up after and follow. The discussion to which you responded started with me saying that I am rather skeptical of those who follow Obama - largely an unknown at this point - in cult-like fashion. Someone responded by bringing up McCain and the religious right... for some reason. My end point on the matter was that I don't care about McCain and the religious right at this point in time because they're not the ones who will be at the helm for the next 4 years. They're not "in play", so to speak.

If they were, we'd be having an entirely different discussion.

I honestly think much of Obama's popularity comes from how bad GWB has been at everything. If Kerry had 50% of Obama's charisma he probably would have won in 2004.

Agree 100%

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Originally posted by: badkarma1399
If Obama wins does that mean black people have to stop playing the race card?

Ah, one black person succeeding completely invalidates are racism past, present and future.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: CitizenKain
Originally posted by: badkarma1399
If Obama wins does that mean black people have to stop playing the race card?

Ah, one black person succeeding completely invalidates are racism past, present and future.

that certainly seemed to be the OP's point.

microbial

Oct 10, 2008
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: microbial
If Obama wins it will be history according to McCain/Palin (McFalin').

It would mean that someone who is "Not one of us" was elected. And you know what "Not one of us" means...don't'cha (wink)...

someone who's so set apart from small town america that he thinks they cling to their religion out of xenophobia?

More likely the codespeak for "Not one of Us" = Not White

In polite company McFalin' may claim some such message such as what you wrote, but in campaign ads messages are seldom that complex.

If you want a good example of how McFalin's ads work see the video in the OP thread titled "Biggots gone Wild"

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
This is an amazing article:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/...81013taco_talk_editors

The last paragraph says it all. Should be required reading for every American.

Lol why? The US isn't South Africa (except to libs and only in their heads) and Obama is a Marxist baby killer who favors enemies over the US, has juvenile ideas about the economy which he switches all the time to fit the political need, has a witch of a wife who quotes che, wants gay lessons for 5 yr olds and special laws for cross dressers. Obama is a weirdo and normal people see it. Alas if people are so insecure about the economy that they will chose Barabbas even while his sleazy Marxist cronies are perpetrating massive fraud acros many states then they deserve what they get. If Obama gets elected due to a media hiding what he really is at a time of global collapse and rampant election fraud then its easy to see Obama is headed to be a shameful chapter - and I am someone who saw Bush as awful president and McCain as a boob. Obama is a sleaze.

Next four years are gonna suck for you. Scratch that, the next 20 years are gonna suck for you.

Actually the next 20 yrs are going to suck for everyone. The US is already tanking and no 2nd rate media appointed Marxist EOE President can stop it. BO is going to ruin the donkey party more thoroughly than Bush wrecked the GOP. Then again the whole political system is collapsing from within and something new is emerging.

I live in China Butterboy. What's good for the goose... well.. You can have fun watching the US spiral into a Marxism while we patiently wait to gobble up the scraps that remain.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
The only brick wall around here is the one separating the two halves of your brain.
That was clever.

I never would have guessed you would say something like that, sucker.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: seemingly random
The only brick wall around here is the one separating the two halves of your brain.
That was clever.

I never would have guessed you would say something like that, sucker.

Strike a nerve, did I? :laugh: Inferiority complex much? You sure don't handle being called out for the liar you are very well ;)

I'm sorry your reading comprehension is so piss poor. Go read a book and don't get your panties in such a bunch.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!

Ironic you call Obama a racist with that sig.

Ironic you supporting crime under the disguise of racism.

I call a spade a spade, nothing more. At some point in our history facts were replaced with feelings and political correctness.

Please tell me how I am 'supporting crime' by pointing out your racially insulting sig has no place in an internet forum.

Ahhh, another who is willing to overlook the demographics of crime in the interest of "racism". I'm sorry, do the FACTS of it bother you?

As regards the underlined portion of your above remark; I believe we have traveled down this path recently. IIRC, per Derek if the sig is factually accurate, it can stay. However, if you want to take this up might I suggest you take it to PFI so as not to derail this thread.

T.I.A.

Fern
AnandTech P&N Moderator

[/quote]

Actually that was in regards to a different sig I had involving illegal immigration. If I need to justify this one (or remove it) just say the word.