• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

You will be a part of history

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
9,840
5
71
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
This is an amazing article:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/...81013taco_talk_editors

The last paragraph says it all. Should be required reading for every American.
Lol why? The US isn't South Africa (except to libs and only in their heads) and Obama is a Marxist baby killer who favors enemies over the US, has juvenile ideas about the economy which he switches all the time to fit the political need, has a witch of a wife who quotes che, wants gay lessons for 5 yr olds and special laws for cross dressers. Obama is a weirdo and normal people see it. Alas if people are so insecure about the economy that they will chose Barabbas even while his sleazy Marxist cronies are perpetrating massive fraud acros many states then they deserve what they get. If Obama gets elected due to a media hiding what he really is at a time of global collapse and rampant election fraud then its easy to see Obama is headed to be a shameful chapter - and I am someone who saw Bush as awful president and McCain as a boob. Obama is a sleaze.
Next four years are gonna suck for you. Scratch that, the next 20 years are gonna suck for you.
 

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
7,913
12
81
Originally posted by: Evan
Obama losing would be a bigger story at this point, as something drastic would have to happen for him to lose it. But yes, it'll definitely be a historic moment and one we should all be proud of.
I'll be proud when I cast my vote for McCain :)
 

sportage

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2008
9,666
1,606
126
Ok, ok lets don?t go THERE.
My point was simple.

I lived thru the Cuban Missile crisis,
JFK assassination,
civil rights (ongoing),
Robert Kennedy assassination,
Vietnam war,
Nixon,
Watergate,
Reagan,
Bush,
9/11.

And I for one will be dam proud to see the first "American of color"
(there, does THAT satisfy your qualifications???) elected as President.
Do not under estimate the weight of that moment.
Sadly, some will look at that as a negative. You are what you are...

I guess some of you here have only the invention of the iPod to look back on.
So be it...!




 

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
18,890
638
126
Originally posted by: sportage
If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president. History making!
And all of us will be there as witness.
And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.

Slavery, Lincoln, the civil war, finally a peace.
1960's civil rights, banning blacks from attending school, forced to sit at the back of a bus, forced to drink out of separate drinking fountains, lynching?s, finally a peace.
Assassinations, Lincoln, MLK, finally a peace.
KKK, bombings of black churches, killing of black children, finally a peace.

A page that will be turned, forever!

A past history of voilence, future children will find it hard to
grasp the reasoning.
A violent past that children will find it hard to understand.
All the killing, deaths, abuse, disrespect, hatred, finally a peace.

If Obama wins, we will be witness to the changing of American history, forever.
Never to dwell upon, but never to forget.
If Obama wins...
Do you want him as President or do you want to marry him? Reads like man-love to me.
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,531
3
0
Originally posted by: Butterbean
I am someone who saw Bush as awful president and McCain as a boob.
You think they are bad you should take a look in the mirror.
 

Fern

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 30, 2003
26,907
173
106
Originally posted by: sportage
Ok, ok lets don?t go THERE.
My point was simple.

I lived thru the Cuban Missile crisis,
JFK assassination,
civil rights (ongoing),
Robert Kennedy assassination,
Vietnam war,
Nixon,
Watergate,
Reagan,
Bush,
9/11.
-snip-
You lived through this stuff (like me?), then you oughtta know better.

1960's - back of the bus?

Rosa Parks did her thing in the 50's


Lynchings in the 60's?

Jesus-tapdancing-Christ, what kind of books (if any) did they let you *look at* in school?

Oh NM.

For Christ's sake, it's hopeless. None of this stuff has squat-all to do with race relations:

I lived thru the Cuban Missile crisis,
JFK assassination,
Robert Kennedy assassination,
Vietnam war,
Nixon,
Watergate,
Reagan,
Bush,
9/11.
Reagan, Reagan?? Are you freakin kidding? JTC!!!!

Face-palm

Fern
 

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
11,489
0
0
I agree, I think that's pretty amazing and a testament to what America is - the land of opportunity.

He isn't getting my vote, but when he wins I'll raise a beer to him :beer:
 

yuppiejr

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2002
1,318
0
0
Originally posted by: sportage
If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president. History making!
And all of us will be there as witness.
And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.

Slavery, Lincoln, the civil war, finally a peace.
1960's civil rights, banning blacks from attending school, forced to sit at the back of a bus, forced to drink out of separate drinking fountains, lynching?s, finally a peace.
Assassinations, Lincoln, MLK, finally a peace.
KKK, bombings of black churches, killing of black children, finally a peace.

A page that will be turned, forever!

A past history of voilence, future children will find it hard to
grasp the reasoning.
A violent past that children will find it hard to understand.
All the killing, deaths, abuse, disrespect, hatred, finally a peace.

If Obama wins, we will be witness to the changing of American history, forever.
Never to dwell upon, but never to forget.
If Obama wins...
I don't really care what color Obama or McCain are because I don't consider race a factor in determining someone's suitability to be president. The only people making a big deal out of this are the race pimps or apologists...
 

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
918
1
0
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
This is an amazing article:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/...81013taco_talk_editors

The last paragraph says it all. Should be required reading for every American.
Lol why? The US isn't South Africa (except to libs and only in their heads) and Obama is a Marxist baby killer who favors enemies over the US, has juvenile ideas about the economy which he switches all the time to fit the political need, has a witch of a wife who quotes che, wants gay lessons for 5 yr olds and special laws for cross dressers. Obama is a weirdo and normal people see it. Alas if people are so insecure about the economy that they will chose Barabbas even while his sleazy Marxist cronies are perpetrating massive fraud acros many states then they deserve what they get. If Obama gets elected due to a media hiding what he really is at a time of global collapse and rampant election fraud then its easy to see Obama is headed to be a shameful chapter - and I am someone who saw Bush as awful president and McCain as a boob. Obama is a sleaze.
Next four years are gonna suck for you. Scratch that, the next 20 years are gonna suck for you.
Actually the next 20 yrs are going to suck for everyone. The US is already tanking and no 2nd rate media appointed Marxist EOE President can stop it. BO is going to ruin the donkey party more thoroughly than Bush wrecked the GOP. Then again the whole political system is collapsing from within and something new is emerging.
 

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
9,454
0
0
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!
 
Jun 26, 2007
11,925
2
0
Originally posted by: Specop 007
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!
You should go all out, this battle with ButterBean for kook of the year isn't going all that great for you, i mean, you are kooky enough but he's even kookier, i know, i know, blows my mind too.
 
Jun 26, 2007
11,925
2
0
Originally posted by: alchemize
I agree, I think that's pretty amazing and a testament to what America is - the land of opportunity.

He isn't getting my vote, but when he wins I'll raise a beer to him :beer:
Good for you, agree with his policy to concentrate troop efforts where the war is at and i'll even salute you one day.
 

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
42,816
83
91
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
if anything, i will celebrate the death knell of the southern strategy.

the time will soon come that the advancement of progressive politics will be a political feasibility again. I also look foward to seeing what sort of political realignment comes out of this, i have a feeling there will be a strong one.
I wouldn't put money on it...

Obama is competative in Southern States because blacks are (in theory) going to come out in larger numbers than usual to vote for who they perceive as the black candidate; I doubt the turn-out surge would happen for a white democratic candidate or even after Obama is no longer the new hotness in 2012.
 

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
7,756
11
81
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
if anything, i will celebrate the death knell of the southern strategy.

the time will soon come that the advancement of progressive politics will be a political feasibility again. I also look foward to seeing what sort of political realignment comes out of this, i have a feeling there will be a strong one.
Good sentiment but you and I will both be long gone before the south has fully changed. I used to think that the intolerance would die with this generation but now think it will require several generations to atrophy. Actually, it would probably continue forever if it weren't for the dilution caused by migrating foreigners (yankees and westerners). There is still mighty strong racial hatred here.
The South has already changed. What state gave us the first popularly-elected black governor? How many black congressmembers are from the South? Watch on 11/4 how may southern states Obama wins. Sure, there will forever be isolated pockets of racism, but they're getting more irrelevant by the minute.
 

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
50,872
4,214
126
Originally posted by: Specop 007
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!
Why did you support the current President who has associations with international terrorists? I can link to Rummy shaking hands with Saddam, a very bad man indeed. We had to get him once he bit the hand that fed him.

Ties to domestic terrorists. Oy.
 

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
11,489
0
0
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Originally posted by: alchemize
I agree, I think that's pretty amazing and a testament to what America is - the land of opportunity.

He isn't getting my vote, but when he wins I'll raise a beer to him :beer:
Good for you, agree with his policy to concentrate troop efforts where the war is at and i'll even salute you one day.
You can salute me today, because I agree with his policy to get out of Iraq ASAP and focus on Afghanistan and Pakistan, and have posted that way for quite a while.
 

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
7,756
11
81
Originally posted by: sportage
If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president. History making!
And all of us will be there as witness.
And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.

Slavery, Lincoln, the civil war, finally a peace.
1960's civil rights, banning blacks from attending school, forced to sit at the back of a bus, forced to drink out of separate drinking fountains, lynching?s, finally a peace.
Assassinations, Lincoln, MLK, finally a peace.
KKK, bombings of black churches, killing of black children, finally a peace.

A page that will be turned, forever!

A past history of voilence, future children will find it hard to
grasp the reasoning.
A violent past that children will find it hard to understand.
All the killing, deaths, abuse, disrespect, hatred, finally a peace.

If Obama wins, we will be witness to the changing of American history, forever.
Never to dwell upon, but never to forget.
If Obama wins...
I see your point and agree. This will be a landmark moment in American history. I'm surely not voting for him, but I think he'll win, and I hope he does very well, for the good of the country.
 

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
78,716
413
126
i still beleive that if he wins some pissed off redneck is gonna kill him not long into his term
 

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
9,454
0
0
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: Specop 007
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!
Why did you support the current President who has associations with international terrorists? I can link to Rummy shaking hands with Saddam, a very bad man indeed. We had to get him once he bit the hand that fed him.

Ties to domestic terrorists. Oy.
Well, damn the American public for electing Saddam..... :confused:

If you dont see the difference between international relations and who we vote for internally I dont know what to tell you.
 

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
6,448
0
0
"If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president."

Seriously, who gives a shit? He is a politician running for president and NOTHING more. In fact, he's not even a good candidate. All this stuff about Obama making history is pointless hype. Win or lose, nothing is going to change because of Obama. He is more of the same, and that's what's really important.
 

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
57,531
3
0
Originally posted by: Hayabusa Rider
Originally posted by: Specop 007
I'll finally have the chance to say "Not my President!" and wonder why on earth people would vote in a racist black man with ties to domestic terrorism.

You KNOW the R's have fucked up very, very badly when someone like that can beat your candidate!!
Why did you support the current President who has associations with international terrorists? I can link to Rummy shaking hands with Saddam, a very bad man indeed. We had to get him once he bit the hand that fed him.

Ties to domestic terrorists. Oy.
SpecOp casting his ballot on Nov 5 :shocked:

 

ASK THE COMMUNITY