You will be a part of history

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president. History making!
And all of us will be there as witness.
And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.

Slavery, Lincoln, the civil war, finally a peace.
1960's civil rights, banning blacks from attending school, forced to sit at the back of a bus, forced to drink out of separate drinking fountains, lynching?s, finally a peace.
Assassinations, Lincoln, MLK, finally a peace.
KKK, bombings of black churches, killing of black children, finally a peace.

A page that will be turned, forever!

A past history of voilence, future children will find it hard to
grasp the reasoning.
A violent past that children will find it hard to understand.
All the killing, deaths, abuse, disrespect, hatred, finally a peace.

If Obama wins, we will be witness to the changing of American history, forever.
Never to dwell upon, but never to forget.
If Obama wins...

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Obama losing would be a bigger story at this point, as something drastic would have to happen for him to lose it. But yes, it'll definitely be a historic moment and one we should all be proud of.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
It will mean what we make it to mean.
Like after 9/11, it will be still another opportunity to unite as a country,
remembering our past, and looking ahead to the future.

If I remember, that is what American's are made of.
Why we are who we are.
Why every other nation wants to be us.
And why we call ourselves 'the greatest nation on earth".

But this is not guaranteed. We lost that opportunity after 9/11.
Leadership counts!

PS. We have to rise to the challenge, together.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: sportage
It will mean what we make it to mean.
Like after 9/11, it will be still another opportunity to unite as a country,
remembering our past, and looking ahead to the future.

If I remember, that is what American's are made of.
Why we are who we are.

But this is not guaranteed. We lost that opportunity after 9/11.
Leadership counts!

Put the kool-aid down. If you have to make such a huge deal out of a non-100% white person being president, than maybe we havent come that far yet.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Obama is not black.

but if it means we can strike down affirmative action the day after inauguration day, I'm all for pretending.

but seriously... are you high or something?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Yeah, I figured there were too many children on the forum to grasp an idea of hope.
(Go back to your nintendo...)

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Sounds romantic, but after a short time of contemplation, we need to think of him only as the new president - a person with a lot of potential. He needs to show us what he's got. We don't have time to screw around.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Yeah, I figured there were too many children on the forum to grasp an idea of hope.

what hope? that electing some guy whose mom shacked up with someone from Africa is a magic pill to end racism and completely wipe the slate clean of America's civil rights history?

you're... I don't know. high? moonbeam? delusional? naive? some combination thereof?

Obama doesn't even really have a connection with the history of african american's struggle for civil rights in this country.

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: loki8481

what hope? that electing some guy whose mom shacked up with someone from Africa is a magic pill to end racism and completely wipe the slate clean of America's civil rights history?

you're... I don't know. high? moonbeam? delusional? naive? some combination thereof?

Obama doesn't even really have a connection with the history of african american's struggle for civil rights in this country.

And how many of new black politicians today do? The black politicians that were involved in the civil rights movement are getting on in years and Barack is part of a new generation that grew up and benefited in the social climate after the civil rights movement. Fact is, this is a barometer of racial relations in the US. It doesn't matter if Barack is half black, not involved in the original civil rights movement, or raised in the Black community/environment. In the eyes of pure racism he is black. The fact that in fifty years we have gone from struggling to getting blacks registered to vote to where blacks can contend for the White House is something worth noting.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Born2bwire
Originally posted by: loki8481

And how many of new black politicians today do? The black politicians that were involved in the civil rights movement are getting on in years and Barack is part of a new generation that grew up and benefited in the social climate after the civil rights movement. Fact is, this is a barometer of racial relations in the US. It doesn't matter if Barack is half black, not involved in the original civil rights movement, or raised in the Black community/environment. In the eyes of pure racism he is black. The fact that in fifty years we have gone from struggling to getting blacks registered to vote to where blacks can contend for the White House is something worth noting.

it's worth noting.

it's not worth:

And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.***side note: fuck the world, look at how many black politicians hold power in non-african countries in the rest of the world. they've got no place to condemn us for not or praise us for electing Obama based on the color of his skin***

1960's civil rights, banning blacks from attending school, forced to sit at the back of a bus, forced to drink out of separate drinking fountains, lynching?s, finally a peace.

If Obama wins...

It will mean...
Why we are who we are.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
if anything, i will celebrate the death knell of the southern strategy.

the time will soon come that the advancement of progressive politics will be a political feasibility again. I also look foward to seeing what sort of political realignment comes out of this, i have a feeling there will be a strong one.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: miketheidiot
if anything, i will celebrate the death knell of the southern strategy.

the time will soon come that the advancement of progressive politics will be a political feasibility again. I also look foward to seeing what sort of political realignment comes out of this, i have a feeling there will be a strong one.
Good sentiment but you and I will both be long gone before the south has fully changed. I used to think that the intolerance would die with this generation but now think it will require several generations to atrophy. Actually, it would probably continue forever if it weren't for the dilution caused by migrating foreigners (yankees and westerners). There is still mighty strong racial hatred here.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
If Obama wins, we will rapidly turn from a man winning the presidency against another, to the first black man elected US president. History making!
And all of us will be there as witness.
And the world will hopefully realize we American?s are just a bit more human that they maybe thought of us before.

A past history of voilence, future children will find it hard to
grasp the reasoning.
A violent past that children will find it hard to understand.
All the killing, deaths, abuse, disrespect, hatred, finally a peace.

If Obama wins...

Your typical lib "thinking" with your emotions and not even realizing your degree of psychotic involvement. Your caught-up with self congratulations for which there is no basis. You use Obama to play Jesus to the lepers in your head and thats how he suckers his psychotic followers. You would belong to the failed side of American history my friend and not the triumphant one.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
Originally posted by: Butterbean
Your typical lib "thinking" with your emotions and not even realizing your degree of psychotic involvement. Your caught-up with self congratulations for which there is no basis. You use Obama to play Jesus to the lepers in your head and thats how he suckers his psychotic followers. You would belong to the failed side of American history my friend and not the triumphant one.
Now, you're just getting scary.

Stop it.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
Originally posted by: seemingly random

Stop it.

Reality has that effect on some people

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Stop it.

I think some review of your reality is in order. You might be having fun, but I don't think you realize how poisonous your posts are.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006

Stop it.

I think some review of your reality is in order. You might be having fun, but I don't think you realize how poisonous your posts are.

Like light to a vampire.

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Capitalizt
This is an amazing article:

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/...81013taco_talk_editors

The last paragraph says it all. Should be required reading for every American.

Lol why? The US isn't South Africa (except to libs and only in their heads) and Obama is a Marxist baby killer who favors enemies over the US, has juvenile ideas about the economy which he switches all the time to fit the political need, has a witch of a wife who quotes Che, wants gay lessons for 5 yr olds and special laws for cross dressers. Obama is a weirdo and normal people see it. Alas if people are so insecure about the economy that they will chose Barabbas even while his sleazy Marxist cronies are perpetrating massive fraud acros many states then they deserve what they get. If Obama gets elected due to a media hiding what he really is at a time of global collapse and rampant election fraud then its easy to see Obama is headed to be a shameful chapter - and I am someone who saw Bush as awful president and McCain as a boob. Obama is a sleaze.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Stop it.

Like light to a vampire.
Just curious (and won't be surprised if you are non-responsive):

- how old are you?

- are you male or female?

- do you have any living relatives or a spouse?

- are you incarcerated?

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
^ Hasn't anyone figured out yet that Butterbean is a caricature? Dude doesn't take himself seriously.