You know you're a woman when....***UPDATE***

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
You get psyched to go out and mow the lawn....
Call your husband on how to start the mower....
Get dressed in HIS clothes....
Go out, prime the mower, position the handle correctly....
Pull the darn string thing to start....
Pull it again to start....
Yet again.....

And finally, realize that I simply don't have the strength to start a MOWER! My GOLLY that is pathetic. It would chug but no rearing to life like when Skoorbie does it. Sigh. I admit defeat.

*****UPDATE*****

Okay, since I had to prove myself to all the macho ATOT males out there....some thought I didn't squeeze the handle properly...others thought I didn't prime....yet still some thought I lacked the strength and thus, so did I.

This time, however, I told myself "By GOD I can do this!" I went out, primed twice as not to flood the engine, squeezed the handle bar, pulled the string and IT STARTED ON THE FIRST TRY! I was so shocked that I almost let go of the handle....

Anyhow, the entire back, front and side lawns are mowed...told you we had a small yard. :D

Quixfire

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2001
What about the baby?

My wife also does the lawn work, but I always make sure the mower start easy for her.

Get to work Skoorb!

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You forgot to drink a Budweiser before priming the mower. And you forgot to have another ice cold one open in your left hand while trying to start the mower with your right. Fix these errors, and you'll be good to go.

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Quixfire
What about the baby?

My wife also does the lawn work, but I always make sure the mower start easy for her.

Get to work Skoorb!

Ah, I am a strong healthy woman....gotta get some exercise!
I did stop after a full hearty pulls, realizing that my strength is not what it used to be! :p

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: BigPoppa
You forgot to drink a Budweiser before priming the mower. And you forgot to have another ice cold one open in your left hand while trying to start the mower with your right. Fix these errors, and you'll be good to go.

Skoorbette doesn't like alcohol.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb

Good for you! :)

BigPoppa: Your assessment would be quite appropriate if Mrs. Skoorb were not pregnant. But alcohol is bad for unborn babies, mmmkay?

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
Where is Mr Skoorb? I thought the hubby must do the lawn. It is in the marriage contract and legally binding. :D

Now I remember that I have to mow my yard this weekend. Fun fun.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

Good for you! :)

BigPoppa: Your assessment would be quite appropriate if Mrs. Skoorb were not pregnant. But alcohol is bad for unborn babies, mmmkay?

I'm not retarded. But the fact she was pregnant didn't register until after I posted. It still stands that beer is a req for mowing a lawn though ;).

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
You don't actually pull the string to start the mower. You hold onto the string and push the mower forward while kind of leaning back with the hand holding the string.

From another lawn-mowing wife, who is amazingly happy to be in an apartment without a lawn now that the spring lawn-care season is in full gear.

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Svnla
Where is Mr Skoorb? I thought the hubby must do the lawn. It is in the marriage contract and legally binding. :D

Now I remember that I have to mow my yard this weekend. Fun fun.

I was bored and thought I would do it! :p

Oh well...

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
WTF is Skoorb lettinig his pregnant wife mow the lawn??

Actually, Skoorb doesn't let or not let me do anything! I don't ask for permission.

Like mowing a lawn is going to hurt me in anyway....
rolleye.gif

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

My mother was roto-tilling her garden at 8+ months pregnant.

A little mowing at <5 months isn't going to hurt anything.

Viper GTS

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Actually, Skoorb doesn't let or not let me do anything! I don't ask for permission.

Like mowing a lawn is going to hurt me in anyway....
rolleye.gif

Whether he "lets" you or not, there are some things that a guy should be ashamed to have his wife do.

I would not, however, count lawn mowing in that (especially since I'm horribly allergic to grass).

Viper GTS

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

My mother was roto-tilling her garden at 8+ months pregnant.

A little mowing at <5 months isn't going to hurt anything.

Viper GTS

Even at 9 months, as long as the woman is healthy, it won't hurt anything then either! :D