You know you're a woman when....***UPDATE***

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
I remember the first time I mowed the lawn. I ended up covered in grass.

WHipLAsh13

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2001
You can take the award but make it a case of buds ;)
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Sigh. I will try it once more and then I shall go shopping for hamburger buns for supper! Usually Skoorb buys the food and mows the lawn.....but I guess since I am "weak" I had better do something! :p

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
Originally posted by: MrsSkoorb
You get psyched to go out and mow the lawn....
Call your husband on how to start the mower....
Get dressed in HIS clothes....
Go out, prime the mower, position the handle correctly....
Pull the darn string thing to start....
Pull it again to start....
Yet again.....

And finally, realize that I simply don't have the strength to start a MOWER! My GOLLY that is pathetic. It would chug but no rearing to life like when Skoorbie does it. Sigh. I admit defeat.
Did you tried hold down the throttle while pulling on the cord?
Or, could it be an electric start mower?

My dad gave me an advice when I was 6-7. ?Defeat is for loser?. ?If others can do it...you can do it too...don?t give up because you will eventually get it...everyone work at their own pace.?

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Wait?! You have grass that needs mowing!?!?! :|

<--Lives in NH, the ground has only been showing for a couple weeks...it's currently brownish and matted down. ;)

Also, this mower isn't a Nissan is it? That would explain a lot... ;):p

:wine: <--cranberry juice for MrsSkoorb!

:)

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
Originally posted by: OffTopic
Yet again.....

And finally, realize that I simply don't have the strength to start a MOWER! My GOLLY that is pathetic. It would chug but no rearing to life like when Skoorbie does it. Sigh. I admit defeat.

My dad gave me an advice when I was 6-7. ?Defeat is for loser?. ?If others can do it...you can do it too...don?t give up because you will eventually get it...everyone work at their own pace.?

OKAY FINE! I will go and try it again. Yes, I know to hold down the handle....I have mowed MANY times before but for some reason, lacked the strength earlier this morning.

Here goes....pray for Emmaelf Muscles! :D

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
lol... the cows will be knocking on my front door before my fiancee ever tries mowing the lawn on her own...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: WHipLAsh13
Also alot of the newer mowers you need to sqeeze the handle to start it. Once you let go it cuts off. Don't know if you know this or not
She's done that.

I mowed the lawn a week back. It was rough since it was the first start of the season, but I think really she just isn't strong enough :Q
I questioned that too since she mentioned she tried pulling with both arms. How was she able to hold the bar at the same time? :confused: But whatever.

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
Yet again.....

OKAY FINE! I will go and try it again. Yes, I know to hold down the handle....I have mowed MANY times before but for some reason, lacked the strength earlier this morning.

Here goes....pray for Emmaelf Muscles! :D

Two thumbs up for the Canadian lady ;)

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
What you need is a good looking lawn boy,the yard gets tended,your heart rate gets cardio like work outs and you don't ever have to worry about breaking a nail.Have Skoorb work an extra shift or two to pay for it:)

jcwagers

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2000
Maybe she could tie the handle with some rope or something? That might make it a bit easier and then she wouldn't have to hold it. :) I guess if we don't hear from her again for a while....she probably got it started. :D

jc

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
Originally posted by: jcwagers
Maybe she could tie the handle with some rope or something? That might make it a bit easier and then she wouldn't have to hold it. :) I guess if we don't hear from her again for a while....she probably got it started. :D

jc
That is a possibility; however it might run away from her if it is a self driving mower.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Sigh. I will try it once more and then I shall go shopping for hamburger buns for supper! Usually Skoorb buys the food and mows the lawn.....but I guess since I am "weak" I had better do something! :p

http://www.toro.com/home/mowers/superrecycler/20039.html

somone tried earlier...

many places take trade in's as well :) we have a pair of these at work (minus the electric start) and it's a awsome mower.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
What you need is a good looking lawn boy,the yard gets tended,your heart rate gets cardio like work outs and you don't ever have to worry about breaking a nail.Have Skoorb work an extra shift or two to pay for it:)

neighborhood boys are cheap :p

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
*****UPDATE*****

Okay, since I had to prove myself to all the macho ATOT males out there....some thought I didn't squeeze the handle properly...others thought I didn't prime....yet still some thought I lacked the strength and thus, so did I.

This time, however, I told myself "By GOD I can do this!" I went out, primed twice as to not flood the engine, squeezed the handle bar, pulled the string and IT STARTED ON THE FIRST TRY! I was so shocked that I almost let go of the handle....

Anyhow, the entire back, front and side lawns are mowed...told you we had a small yard. :D

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004
*****UPDATE*****

Okay, since I had to prove myself to all the macho ATOT males out there....some thought I didn't squeeze the handle properly...others thought I didn't prime....yet still some thought I lacked the strength and thus, so did I.

This time, however, I told myself "By GOD I can do this!" I went out, primed twice as to not flood the engine, squeezed the handle bar, pulled the string and IT STARTED ON THE FIRST TRY! I was so shocked that I almost let go of the handle....

Anyhow, the entire back, front and side lawns are mowed...told you we had a small yard. :D
Good for you MrsSkoob. The hubby better bring home the massage oil to rub your back to night ;)

MomAndSkoorbaby

Diamond Member
May 6, 2001
*****UPDATE*****

Good for you MrsSkoob. The hubby better bring home the massage oil to rub your back to night ;)

No kidding....hmm...that sounds really good right now....maybe a neighborhood boy can do the massage? ;)