Yet another MTG Thread -- Crazy Is As Crazy Does

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Up there on stage putting on her Rhoda Penmark act.
And sitting in the audience, the usual suspects i.e. Matt Gaetz.
I do believe this is that SWAMP so many politicians talk about draining.

A7D0A59A-09DD-4008-88C6-B881558BEA68.jpeg

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Well, if Greene gets off, which she probably will because this judge reminds me of the judge in the Ritterhouse trial and obviously a MAGA, but if she gets away with murder at least it was fun to watch MTG squirm, lie, and attempt to deny what she whole heartedly believes in. Its like getting Charles Manson to admit murder is a bad thing, even though we know Manson doesnt really believe his own words. Exposure is very satisfying in itself.

Nov 17, 2019
Some comments from AZ:

"Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Christopher Coury dismissed lawsuits against U.S. Representatives Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs and state Representative Mark Finchem, a Republican from Oro Valley, finding private citizens cannot sue under the disqualification clause of the 14th Amendment.

“Congress has not created a civil private right of action to allow a citizen to enforce the Disqualification Clause by having a person declared to be ‘not qualified’ to hold public office,” Coury found. That duty, he said, lies only with Congress, which can remove a member of Congress with a two-thirds vote.
Arizona law also does not create a private right of action, Coury wrote.

“Although it creates a private right of action allowing citizens to bring independent actions to establish that a person has not met the requirements prescribed by law, the plain language of this statute does not create a private right of action to argue that a candidate is proscribed by law from holding office,” the ruling states."

"Gosar reportedly met with members of the Yavapai County chapter of the Oath Keepers. During the meeting, he was asked if the U.S. was “heading into a civil war,” to which he replied: “We’re in it, we just haven’t started shooting at each other yet.”"

Representatives Madison Cawthorn of North Carolina and Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia have faced similar lawsuits.

In the case against Cawthorn, a judge found the Amnesty Act of 1872, which pardoned confederates, overruled the Constitution’s 14th Amendment prohibiting “insurrectionists” from Congress.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Her lawyer started to claim executive privilege on a line of questioning. Plaintiff lawyer objected.

Alright, I get that, I mean ... that would have been icing on the cake right, what Seth is getting at by sharing a lawyer with Trump, Trump essentially has a backchannel to communicate with the Space Laser Lady, to coordinate information/defense... and that Trump has a pattern of doing this with his partners in crime... therefor we can infer that SLL has *something* incriminating on the Orange Turd.

Reactions: hal2kilo

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Did we know about this one .....

Republican
Judge Refuses to Block Paul Gosar, Andy Biggs From Ballot Over Capitol Riot

The Arizona judge wrote, however, that his "ruling neither validates nor disproves" whether the GOP lawmakers engaged in an "insurrection."
Judge ruled...
""Congress has not created a civil private right of action to allow a citizen to enforce the Disqualification Clause by having a person declared to be 'not qualified' to hold public office,"

But isn't that the same thing they are doing with MTG??

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Judge ruled...
""Congress has not created a civil private right of action to allow a citizen to enforce the Disqualification Clause by having a person declared to be 'not qualified' to hold public office,"

But isn't that the same thing they are doing with MTG??

Yes. It's all about the issue of standing-does the plaintiff have the legal right to bring the lawsuit. The Arizona judge said no, this judge says yes. That makes either of these cases prime for the Supreme Court to grant cert and rule on the issue (given a choice between citizan's rights & right-wing controlled government rights it doesn't take a clairvoyant to predict how these bogus "conservative" justices will rule.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Yes. It's all about the issue of standing-does the plaintiff have the legal right to bring the lawsuit. The Arizona judge said no, this judge says yes. That makes either of these cases prime for the Supreme Court to grant cert and rule on the issue (given a choice between citizan's rights & right-wing controlled government rights it doesn't take a clairvoyant to predict how these bogus "conservative" justices will rule.
How could citizens not have standing? Congresspeople represent citizens. I can see people from other states not having standing but not GA

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
MTG was either acting surprised, or does not have the ability to remember things she posted on social media, during the Friday court hearing. When asked about a comment she posted about Pelosi, she said she does not think she posted that.

Apparently when a plaintiff showed an exhibit of the post, only then she says she remembers, but claims she made that post because of ths way Pelosi handles the US border.

She also made the claim that she does not remember liking a post on Facebook that stated a an act of danger against Pelosi. She further claimed that there are many other people who work for her, that use her social media accounts to post and like comments.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Perjury Traitor Green just owning the Dems again I see

zBGKe8E.jpeg

I'm getting back to watching it now and it's glorious. This psycho is addicted to Monistat.