Yet ANOTHER Good, Family Values Republican bites the dust

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
https://www.yahoo.com/news/oklahoma-senate-punishes-senator-found-teen-motel-053111912.html

An Oklahoma state senator was booked Thursday on child prostitution charges for allegedly hiring a 17-year-old boy for sex, leading to calls for his resignation and a separate internal investigation into his years of work with a youth program.

Ralph Shortey, a 35-year-old conservative Republican who has a wife and three young daughters, surrendered to authorities on charges of engaging in child prostitution, transporting a minor for prostitution and engaging in prostitution within 1,000 feet of a church. He was released after about two hours on a $100,000 bond.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
r960-6ff881a26874721fe04198bc53a84d23.jpg

"You'll get my underage boy-toy only after prying him out of my cold dead thighs."

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
As I'd mentioned earlier in the wrong thread: it's like there's a golden rule where the more support a Republican gives to anti-LGBT legislation, the more likely it is they'll be caught at least doing something hypocritical, if not something offensive to virtually everyone.

With that said: my heart goes out to the guy's family, especially his wife. I can't imagine the one-two punch of finding out that your husband not only cheated on you, but did so with an underage boy. Her world just got turned upside down in a heartbeat, and it'll be up to her to pick up the pieces.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Wait prostitution within 1000ft of a church is an offense in Oklahoma?

Yeah, that caught my attention too. Everywhere in Oklahoma is within 1000ft of a church.

Also age of consent in Oklahoma is 16, but I guess prostitution is different.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
People are piling on, I get it, but...it's probably more about a visceral hatred of Christian conservatives. I wonder if an out and about LGBT person were caught in a similar situation what would happen?

Reactions: Thunder 57

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
We have been over this before. The more one is raised in a culture that has unnatural sex taboos, the more sexual repression exists, the more people feel guilty and sinful about sex, and thus the more they hate themselves for their sexual feelings, and thus the more they are driven to have what is forbidden. Sexual perversion goes with self hate and in particular where sex is the thing that is evil.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Yeah, that caught my attention too. Everywhere in Oklahoma is within 1000ft of a church.

Also age of consent in Oklahoma is 16, but I guess prostitution is different.

I figured prostitution is illegal but the tjousand feet thing is just weird.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I wonder if an out and about LGBT person were caught in a similar situation what would happen?

Horny LGBT person busted with "underage" prostitute vs self loathing hypocrite busted with "underage" prostitute

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
People are piling on, I get it, but...it's probably more about a visceral hatred of Christian conservatives. I wonder if an out and about LGBT person were caught in a similar situation what would happen?

It's called hypocrisy, look it up.

The undrage part I am not too concerned about, 17 year old.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

It'd still be seriously wrong, there would just be less irony and hypocrisy to it. And the wife wouldn't have to learn that her husband is bi (or possibly gay) through a criminal case that ruins both of their lives.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

In Oklahoma? Just a guess, but I think the openly gay dude sleeping with an underage boy prostitute would probably get the book thrown at him.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Actually, the age of consent in OK is apparently 16. Not sure what the "underage" thing is about, unless there is a different age of consent if prostitution is involved.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Are you seriously this stupid that you don't understand what peoples issue is with this story besides the obvious underage part?

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Actually, the age of consent in OK is apparently 16. Not sure what the "underage" thing is about, unless there is a different age of consent if prostitution is involved.
Saw this on the site so I guess that's why:

The age of consent in Oklahoma is 16, but Oklahoma's child prostitution statute applies to any person under 18 years old.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yup, only covers a two year spread. 35 year Olds not qualified.

It's underage, and since allegedly money exchange hands, prostitution.

The part I care about is the age, and the hypocrisy of yet another Con who can't practice what he preaches.

I don't really care in reference to a church vicinity (eff off churches), and I'm not even for prostitution being illegal so don't really care if someone just outright pays for sex

Reactions: Thebobo

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
disgusting pedo
Before we jump to that directly, context of his geography and life style are both things to look at.

I haven't seen any other articles yet, I haven't Googled it either.

It plausible that he's living a lie, as in he's attracted to men (maybe not exclusively), and this seemed like an opportunity that would be easily hidden.

It may not be motivated purely by age, but circumstance as well.

None of this is a defense, just trying to take into account where he might be in life.

I grew up Pentacostal, in New England, and anti-LGBT views run deep. Now take that into the midwest, and it's not tough to see how it would be very detrimental to you life to expose yourself openly as bi or gay

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Before we jump to that directly, context of his geography and life style are both things to look at.

I haven't seen any other articles yet, I haven't Googled it either.

It plausible that he's living a lie, as in he's attracted to men (maybe not exclusively), and this seemed like an opportunity that would be easily hidden.

It may not be motivated purely by age, but circumstance as well.

None of this is a defense, just trying to take into account where he might be in life.

I grew up Pentacostal, in New England, and anti-LGBT views run deep. Now take that into the midwest, and it's not tough to see how it would be very detrimental to you life to expose yourself openly as bi or gay

No one stopped him from moving to a more tolerant state.