Yesterday I found the greatest pants ever at Costco

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Kind of relates to an issue I have with most pants - how ball crushing they seem to be in general. It takes me an absurd amount of pant or shorts tryouts to find some that are comfortable. The only two things I can think of is that I either have slightly larger balls than normal or that we will end up ending the human race from accidental jean sterilizations

You gotta try these pants. I wear them everyday for work now. Even on casual jean days I'd end up wearing these cause they are basically sweat pants that look like slacks.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Oh, hell no, synthetics are disgusting. Why not just live in a trash bag? Why not just collect your sweat and spritz yourself with it when you step out of the shower? Same effect as wearing nylon.

<== natural fiber snob
Remind me to never hike, mountain climb, via ferrata, or do any canyoneering with you. Or heck, anything else that involves outdoor adventure. Wear the proper material for the proper activity. Natural fibers are great in some situations and absolutely terrible in others. Synthetic fibers are great in some situations and absolutely terrible in others.

<== sobbery snob

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
How will the fit be on somebody who looks chiseled out of marble similar to a statue of a greek god? The guy in the pictures is kind of frumpy and beta looking.

i bet that guy has more game in his legs than you have in your whole body
7G3zITG.png

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
So are you saying you wouldn't wear sweatpants if you could? Hoodie and sweatpants are the perfect winter outdoor clothes.
I don't own sweatpants, and the couple hoodies I have, I got from Marlboro years ago, and could count the times I've worn them on one hand. I've started wearing ACUs when I'm off duty, and some kind of shirt, and jacket when appropriate. Sweatpants would be around my ankles with the stuff I keep in my pockets, Hoodies don't have decent pockets for the stuff that doesn't go in my pants.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Remind me to never hike, mountain climb, via ferrata, or do any canyoneering with you. Or heck, anything else that involves outdoor adventure. Wear the proper material for the proper activity. Natural fibers are great in some situations and absolutely terrible in others. Synthetic fibers are great in some situations and absolutely terrible in others.

<== sobbery snob
I live in a desert. Cotton is king for outdoor activities in hot weather, wool in cold.

<== snobbery snob snubber

Reactions: lxskllr

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
I live in a desert. Cotton is king for outdoor activities in hot weather, wool in cold.

<== snobbery snob snubber
I canyoneer in Utah deserts every year. Cotton is the devil when canyoneering if there is even a remote chance of getting wet in a pothole, riverbed, or even the very occasional rain. Or even just quick-dry synthetic underwear to whisk away the sweat from a particularly strenuous hike section on a hot desert day is fantastic. Sure, I like my silk sock liners and wool socks (if I'm not using neoprene socks). But quick dry pants and shirts/jackets are a must even in this desert location. Light colored quick-dry pants, even sand colored to mask sand-colored stains in the desert, are perfect. I haven't tried the Costco pants in question, but they probably will do quite well.

http://www.zionadventures.com/escalante---neon-canyon.html
What to Bring. Quick-dry hiking shorts. Non-cotton t-shirt or two. Non-cotton underwear

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/251-...ace-detail-articles/747-clothing-a-equipment/
myriad options for quick-drying, synthetic hiking shorts; get some and you will be happy...hikers will enjoy a quick-drying, lightweight synthetic top such as those made from Patagonia's Capilene. All hikers should bring a synthetic sweater to ward off the chill.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1786576/what-shoes-and-clothing-do-i-need-canyoneering-zion
So think lightweight, and think synthetic. And I mean all-synthetic, undergarments included.

https://thrillspire.com/list-of-equipment-used-for-canyoneering
Canyons are very harsh on clothing, so tough synthetic clothes are the best option (avoid cotton)

http://www.dankat.com/swhikes/equip.htm
While cotton garments may suffice on a hot summer day, it may be wise to invest in ``wicking'' garments made of modern synthetic materials such as polyester and a warm polartec jacket. These not only dry much faster than cotton but they will also keep in the warmth even when wet.

<== Overlinks for overkill

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Can't be the greatest pants as I don't see the word tactical anywhere associated with those pants. That is apparently a requirement now that I live in Arizona for everything you buy.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Can't be the greatest pants as I don't see the word tactical anywhere associated with those pants. That is apparently a requirement now that I live in Arizona for everything you buy.
Do you carry a tactical comb to extract cholla pods?

I don't, I just use locally sourced, non-GMO, free range rocks.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001

How many black tactical turtlenecks do you own?

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I wear pajamas in the house. When I go outside, I'm t-shirt and sweatpants person. I value comfort over style above everything else. But I needed a pair of travel pants and saw UB Tech men's travel pant at Costco for $18 so I bought it. Little did I know I had purchased the greatest pants in history and absolute steal at $18. These pants have the comfort of pajamas and sweatpants but look fashionable enough to wear at almost any setting. Performance/price ratio is off the charts with these pants. I was so impressed with these pants after trying it on at the house, I ordered 14 more of the same pants from Costco.com. I want to have lifetime supply of these pants on hand. If you have Costco membership, I highly recommend trying these pants. It will change your life.
https://www.costco.com/UB-Tech-Men's-Travel-Pant.product.100303218.html

imageService

I have to agree that these pants are awesome. I just recently discovered them around summer or shortly thereafter at our local costco. A guy was checking them out too so I just asked him if he's owned any and he said he loves them. I've got grey and khaki pairs and I'm going to get the olive green and navy blue ones also. I wear these out in the field when I go on inspections and they're perfect!

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
hm, at $18 shipped I'll have to check these out. Terrible size options though - you a size 30 waist? Hope you tall and lanky cuz all they got is 30x34.

Also, FWIW, 4.5* on AMZ