Yesterday I found the greatest pants ever at Costco

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I wear pajamas in the house. When I go outside, I'm t-shirt and sweatpants person. I value comfort over style above everything else. But I needed a pair of travel pants and saw UB Tech men's travel pant at Costco for $18 so I bought it. Little did I know I had purchased the greatest pants in history and absolute steal at $18. These pants have the comfort of pajamas and sweatpants but look fashionable enough to wear at almost any setting. Performance/price ratio is off the charts with these pants. I was so impressed with these pants after trying it on at the house, I ordered 14 more of the same pants from Costco.com. I want to have lifetime supply of these pants on hand. If you have Costco membership, I highly recommend trying these pants. It will change your life.
https://www.costco.com/UB-Tech-Men's-Travel-Pant.product.100303218.html

imageService

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
How will the fit be on somebody who looks chiseled out of marble similar to a statue of a greek god? The guy in the pictures is kind of frumpy and beta looking.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
At the risk of taking this thread back on topic, OP, that is good to hear. I too value comfort over style and kind of feel bad wearing sweats out in public. I will have to give these a try.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
I am wearing a pair right now, and agree. they are great pants and super cheap. I wanted to buy more but my costco has not had them back :(

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Best pants ever...

eng_pl_Cargo-_Pants-_ACU-_Army-_Combat-_Uniform-_Mil-tec-_Camouflage-_AC.jpg

Lots of room for stuff and bulletproof(not literally!) construction. Average price is $8 used. Don't make the mistake of getting the flame retardant version. They don't feel as nice, and wear like shit.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
^^ Army camo might be great outdoor pants but you can't wear that everywhere and blend in. I've never worn army camo so I don't know how comfy it is but I can't imagine any pants other than pajamas and sweatpants more comfortable than the UB Tech travel pants.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Content:
  • 94% Nylon
  • 6% Spandex

Oh, hell no, synthetics are disgusting. Why not just live in a trash bag? Why not just collect your sweat and spritz yourself with it when you step out of the shower? Same effect as wearing nylon.

<== natural fiber snob

Reactions: WelshBloke

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Best pants ever...

eng_pl_Cargo-_Pants-_ACU-_Army-_Combat-_Uniform-_Mil-tec-_Camouflage-_AC.jpg

Lots of room for stuff and bulletproof(not literally!) construction. Average price is $8 used. Don't make the mistake of getting the flame retardant version. They don't feel as nice, and wear like shit.
The 100% cotton ripstop version is pretty much all I wear, 'cept not in camo.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Content:
  • 94% Nylon
  • 6% Spandex

Oh, hell no, synthetics are disgusting. Why not just live in a trash bag? Why not just collect your sweat and spritz yourself with it when you step out of the shower? Same effect as wearing nylon.

<== natural fiber snob
I used to be that way, and still am to some degree, but I've come to accept the 50:50 cotton/nylon blend in the ACUs. They wear well, and don't feel gross in the summer time. It's much better than the old poly/cotton standard issue BDUs. Those did feel gross in the summer, and they'd pill on the insides to add to the misery.

Aside from the expense, I don't trust aftermarket military wear. There's always something wrong with them. The size is off, the camo pattern isn't exactly right(not a big deal unless you're military. Then you'll stand out from everyone else), and they aren't sewn as well. I can get military surplus, and they're all exactly the same. No guesswork. I saw some 100% cotton tan Rothco ACUs this past weekend. I was tempted to get them, but didn't feel like taking the time to try them on. They also looked cheap. I may get them if they're still there on half price day(they'd be ~$3.50), but I didn't want to spend $7 on them, even though I like the color.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
This is how I feel about the Lululemon ABC pants but at 5x the price.

http://www.businessinsider.com/lululemon-anti-ball-crushing-pants-review-2015-5

Kind of relates to an issue I have with most pants - how ball crushing they seem to be in general. It takes me an absurd amount of pant or shorts tryouts to find some that are comfortable. The only two things I can think of is that I either have slightly larger balls than normal or that we will end up ending the human race from accidental jean sterilizations

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Content:
  • 94% Nylon
  • 6% Spandex

<== natural fiber snob

Hey now! Synthetic fibers have their place. Tents, winter coats, stripperwear, and ummm, yeah, that's about it.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Kind of relates to an issue I have with most pants - how ball crushing they seem to be in general. It takes me an absurd amount of pant or shorts tryouts to find some that are comfortable. The only two things I can think of is that I either have slightly larger balls than normal or that we will end up ending the human race from accidental jean sterilizations
I usually end up with a pair that's a size or two larger than I actually need in the waist to find some that are comfortable in that aspect.