"Yes Nik, this is my (computer) desk"... $166/$168 @ Newegg (FUFUO)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
AP38S200918wwR3u.jpg

Massfits 55" Computer Desk with Bookshelf/Metal Desk Grommet Hole Cable Cover (Brown)

AP38S200913jbhF5.jpg

Massfits Computer Desk with Storage Shelves/Keyboard Tray/Monitor Stand Study Table for Home Office (Black)

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
May check this out, we need some desks for my boys.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Note that while those desks ship from USA, I know nothing about the 3rd-party seller.

Here's another decent-looking one:
A1JHD2005092XCTV.jpg

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
After some measuring pulled the trigger on the two wooden top ones, have several spots they’ll work in the house. Thanks for the deal.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
After some measuring pulled the trigger on the two wooden top ones, have several spots they’ll work in the house. Thanks for the deal.
You're welcome. Please let us know how the quality is, the fit and finish, etc. I already own three nice computer desks with keyboard trays, and a cubbie for the PC, and a shelf in back kind of like that first desk (handy for putting a UPS down there, and a power strip), but if I didn't, I would be ordering several of that first desk myself.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Well not a great first sign, the seller (NewEgg Marketplace Sell - FUFUO) emailed me with the correct order number to tell me the color I ordered is no longer available. So I asked what are my other color options with no response.

The email seemed pretty suscpious to me, but that they had the order number in it still seems odd. I hope I can get the same style and not the other metal all black metal one.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I've generally communicated with Newegg's 3rd-party sellers using the messaging feature in the Newegg account pages. It may have kicked out the email as a copy of a message they sent to you, but they may read the messaging feature, not the e-mails.

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Hrm, well I ordered as a guest so not sure how messaging would work.

Update they said they got the original color back and appears either they stock them or made them close to the city I live in, scheduled to be delivered at my house tomorrow. Will build and post a photo or two after assembly is complete.

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Gah. So using the tracking number they provided, desks were delivered to a completely different city that my address that was used for the ship to. Details on proof of delivery show package weighed 7.5lbs... so obviously not my desks.

Have notified both Newegg and the seller about the issue... just want the freaking desks. Ugh.

Last edited:

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Just an update (I'm sure everyone is dying for this..) but after the tracking, not my package fiasco, I tried to get a lead time from the vendor, who just kept apologizing in broken english. This prompted me to reach out directly to NewEgg, who tried to do the same and after about a month of back and forth they issued a credit. The SAME DAY they issue the credit ONE of the desks shows up at my house :smile:
I email NewEgg saying I don't feel right not paying for it and ask them to charge me... they thanked me for my honesty and would reach out to the vendor to charge me. That was a week ago...

The desk itself took about 10min to put together and is pretty stout and I would still like another.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Just an update (I'm sure everyone is dying for this..) but after the tracking, not my package fiasco, I tried to get a lead time from the vendor, who just kept apologizing in broken english. This prompted me to reach out directly to NewEgg, who tried to do the same and after about a month of back and forth they issued a credit. The SAME DAY they issue the credit ONE of the desks shows up at my house :smile:
I email NewEgg saying I don't feel right not paying for it and ask them to charge me... they thanked me for my honesty and would reach out to the vendor to charge me. That was a week ago...

The desk itself took about 10min to put together and is pretty stout and I would still like another.

So, where's the pic?

• Haha
Reactions: blckgrffn

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Good to see that you did get that desk that you wanted. At least, one of them. :|

That's the desk that caught my eye, and caused me to post this thread, it seemed fairly functional and yet attractive, and hopefully sturdy. You don't see that too often. It's also somewhat similar to my current desk, other than my current desk(s) have a cubby to the right, and are made of press-board (Danish, higher-quality and thicker than the usual gamut of pressboard desks from Staples). It also has a keyboard tray (but will not support a good portion of 400lbs, ask me how I know. :( Don't rest your elbows on your keyboard tray, no matter how convenient it looks, because it wasn't designed to support any weight, really.)