YARDT (Yet Another Ron DeSantis Threat) - DeSantis to Take Control of Disney’s Orlando District Under New Bill

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
What's this about Trump releasing incriminating photos of Desantis being a pervert?

The photo is already out there. Now trump is calling / repeating that DeSantis is a “groomer”. I love it when they eat their own.

759ef655-449d-4bdb-92f4-589a98c5a368.jpeg

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Looks the state house passed it: https://www.clickorlando.com/news/p...up-bill-to-rename-remake-disneys-reedy-creek/

Just for the record, Disney did not directly appoint the board. The board was voted on be citizens of Reedy Creek. Of course all of those citizens were high up employees of Disney.

But this basically make Disney beholdened to an unelected board that can directly control their taxes and refuse to install infrastructure. They could double Disney's taxes and then spend it all on hookers and blow, with no way for the actual landowner or citizens to fight back.

A///

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2017
The photo is already out there. Now trump is calling / repeating that DeSantis is a “groomer”. I love it when they eat their own.

Are you really surprised? Isn't Boeburta's husband or MTG's husband a convicted sex offender for flashing underage girls at a public venue? Matt Gaetz fucks underage boys and later lcaims to be their adoptive father. For some reason the collective mind of America chose to forget that weird fucking event on our timeline.
So was Newt Gingrich.
He also looks like a cancerous mole on someone's ass cheek.

Reactions: iRONic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why should Disney punish ordinary Florida residents because of DeSantis?
I think the better question is why DeSantis is attacking his own constituents because he’s mad at Disney? This is doubly true because he’s going to lose in court and cost them even more money.

I really don’t understand why conservatives claim to love the constitution yet so clearly hate the first amendment.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Why should Disney punish ordinary Florida residents because of DeSantis?

"We have to raise prices to make up for the change in tax structure due to the recent legislation. Since Florida is impacting our business, we can no longer give preferential treatment to residents."

The amount of sales they would possibly lose to FL residents because of this would be a fart in a hurricane.

Reactions: Zorba

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
"We have to raise prices to make up for the change in tax structure due to the recent legislation. Since Florida is impacting our business, we can no longer give preferential treatment to residents."

The amount of sales they would possibly lose to FL residents because of this would be a fart in a hurricane.

Charge Floridians extra. "Because of recent changes in the tax law by the state of Florida, not only do we have to eliminate the resident discount, but we now have to charge you a surcharge to make up for the extra taxes and fees your Governor and legislature is charging us. We hope you will understand."

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I think the better question is why DeSantis is attacking his own constituents because he’s mad at Disney? This is doubly true because he’s going to lose in court and cost them even more money.

I really don’t understand why conservatives claim to love the constitution yet so clearly hate the first amendment.
It's not THEIR first amendment.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

No sense in starting yet another DeSantis thread, but if I started it, it would be called "DeSantis is a big Fn hypocrite".
Seems he likes playing footsie with the holy 2nd amendment.

Ron DeSantis’ campaign wanted to ban guns from event — but didn’t want to get blamed: report | Salon.com

According to the Post, DeSantis' campaign sought to prohibit guns from the governor's reelection victory party at the Tampa Convention Center, a city-run venue, last November 8, while suggesting city officials claim responsibility for the ban.

The Post obtained an October 8 email from Chase Finch, the convention center's safety and security manager, saying that "DeSantis/his campaign will not tell their attendees they are not permitted to carry because of the political optics."

Finch explained that the request for the city to shoulder blame was due to "Republicans largely being in support of 2A," a reference to the Second Amendment."

"Basically it sounds like they want us to say it's our policy to disallow firearms within the event space if anyone asks," he added, drawing a response from city administrator Nicole Travis stressing that "we are not saying anything about concealed carry."

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Is DeFascist afraid someone's going to shoot him? When he's surrounded by good guys with guns? I've been led to believe that's just not how it works.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Dems should run with the title RD is proposing to ban guns…

most of his supports are too stupid to read any farther. … well it is Florida off they can read

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Is this a veiled claim about the size of his 'member' you've seen for some reason that escapes the rest of us?

It's a Tomorrow Never Dies reference. And also a reference to how he's a trash husband.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Gov Groomer is backing off because of…

Ready….fire….aim

Damn, who knew Obama should have just punished Hobby Lobby when they spoke out against the ACA.

Greenman showed us the way

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Gov Groomer is backing off because of…

Ready….fire….aim

Damn, who knew Obama should have just punished Hobby Lobby when they spoke out against the ACA.

Greenman showed us the way
Not really, instead of desolving the district, he is going to take over the board. So instead of the board being elected by the citizens of the district, it'll be appointed by a fascist. I personally think this is a worse outcome for Disney.

Last edited:

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Not really, instead of desolving the district, he is going to take over the board. So instead of the board being elected by the citizens of the district, it'll be appointed by a fascist. I personally think this is a wise outcome for Disney.

I don't. In this scenario, the mouse is still on the hook for all the debt and they won't be in charge of anything. DeSantis' cronies are. I'm honestly not sure why everyone is playing this out as a "win" for Disney. It's a loss-loss.

Reactions: iRONic

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Why are their faces pixelated? None of them are underage now.

Wonder if the press are looking for them?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I don't. In this scenario, the mouse is still on the hook for all the debt and they won't be in charge of anything. DeSantis' cronies are. I'm honestly not sure why everyone is playing this out as a "win" for Disney. It's a loss-loss.
Typing on my phone, sucks. That was supposed to be "worse outcome for Disney" not "wise"

Reactions: iRONic and Pens1566