YAGT. Yet another guido thread.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
I hope that this is one of these trends that stay on your side of the pond :p

these guys look ridiculous

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
as a resident of New York City,

Yes. They exist. They're real... and you can't stop them.

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
I'm an Italian-American originally from southern New Jersey and can indeed confirm their existence, although I am not among their ranks.

They're most common in the northern half of the state and in the summer can be spotted anywhere up the jersey shore, although they are most likely to be seen at points north of Barnegat. During these summer months, though, Seaside Heights (better known as Sleazeside) contains the highest concentration as they trickle down from their parents houses in the border counties and Long Island. I would suggest staying out of Seaside as they have been known to get a little aggressive, especially after a night of hard drinking. Alternatively, sporting a tight undershirt and a blowout haircut may facilitate assimilation, although its temporary status cannot be guaranteed.

Seriously, though, yeah they exist. Most are high school and college age, and some never outgrow it unless they leave the area. I went to college in the middle of Virginia and we had a few, but unlike back home, they totally weren't appreciated (or even understood) so most toned it down quite a bit. It was really funny during my freshman year when people would just ask them "What the hell?" and they were totally caught off guard by the notion that their appearance wasn't anything better than comical there.

Josh

Lifer
Mar 20, 2000
I went to college around the Jersey shore and it's pretty bad out there especially during summer time. I don't get how these guys think they look good...even worse I don't get how GIRLS think it looks good. Terrible, just terrible.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
Originally posted by: freegeeks
I hope that this is one of these trends that stay on your side of the pond :p

these guys look ridiculous

You guys get the chavs, we get the guidos. Stupidity is everywhere.

Sumguy

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
I thought someone photoshopped those images to make their skin look orange :confused:

They look like full grown oompa loompas...

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
I'd seriously love to see some guidos in their natural habitat. I've only seen pictures on the Internet but I'm fascinated by these exotic creatures. They're so hilariously stupid and pathetic looking that it would be awsome to witness them out and about. Fuck going on an Africa wildlife adventure, I'll go to Jersey on a fuckin guido safari.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by: clamum
I'd seriously love to see some guidos in their natural habitat. I've only seen pictures on the Internet but I'm fascinated by these exotic creatures. They're so hilariously stupid and pathetic looking that it would be awsome to witness them out and about. Fuck going on an Africa wildlife adventure, I'll go to Jersey on a fuckin guido safari.

I was just about to post the same thing. Maybe ATOT can organize a guido sight seeing vacation. We will rent a tour bus and drive all around Jersey trying to get a glimpse of the rare guido. If I saw one of the orange ones in person, I'm not sure if I would laugh or cry.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I run into a few here and there in Chicago.

I can't help but stare in amazement at how retarded they are.

child of wonder

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2006
We must hire rednecks armed with shotguns to drive around in red 1978 Ford pickups and begin roaming the New England area to rid the world of this infestation.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: child of wonder
We must hire rednecks armed with shotguns to drive around in red 1978 Ford pickups and begin roaming the New England area to rid the world of this infestation.

I Am Legend 2: One Man Against The Guidos.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: child of wonder

NJ and NYC are NOT in New England

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: clamum

I was just about to post the same thing. Maybe ATOT can organize a guido sight seeing vacation. We will rent a tour bus and drive all around Jersey trying to get a glimpse of the rare guido. If I saw one of the orange ones in person, I'm not sure if I would laugh or cry.
:laugh: I'm in man!

lol, "the orange ones". Hahaha I can just picture people in a bus driving down the street and then spotting one of them, "OH LOOK!! AN ORANGE ONE!!!" *puts binoculars up to see* *camera flashes going off*. It's like a real wildlife safari!