YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
give him a break man, he puts on full body armor to ride his Ducati to 7-11 on the corner.

He always risks life and limb rather than hiding in a dark corner.

It always amuses me when someone who is too scared to even ride a motorcycle gives someone who isn't crap about wearing proper gear. :whiste:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
PSA the .32 is not a good self defense round. You might scare someone off if they arent looking for trouble but statistically you wont drop a grown man with it.

Having said that I noticed a 1903 up at my local place yesterday and may get it just for the range.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
PSA the .32 is not a good self defense round. You might scare someone off if they arent looking for trouble but statistically you wont drop a grown man with it.

Having said that I noticed a 1903 up at my local place yesterday and may get it just for the range.

It's better than nothing.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Plus side of the gun show is that found a nice local place. The people were really nice. What's up with the nazi memorabilia at shows? Really?!

How do you ladies like the 9915E 9mm baby eagle?

Why not just get a Glock?

x-alki

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
Plus side of the gun show is that found a nice local place. The people were really nice. What's up with the nazi memorabilia at shows? Really?!

How do you ladies like the 9915E 9mm baby eagle?

Bradis?

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005

.32 Winchester Silvertips do almost as well as .380 rounds, and better than .380 FMJ ammo.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand was killed by a .32 and so was his wife. Hitler also died from a .32. What caliber has killed more world leaders?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
.32 Winchester Silvertips do almost as well as .380 rounds, and better than .380 FMJ ammo.

Archduke Franz Ferdinand was killed by a .32 and so was his wife. Hitler also died from a .32. What caliber has killed more world leaders?

Hitlers still alive.

:ninja:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
It always amuses me when someone who is too scared to even ride a motorcycle gives someone who isn't crap about wearing proper gear. :whiste:

no bro. I am not scared of pretty much anything. I do know I will end up hurt on a bike in my area. Most of car accidents came when I was stopped. My ex-wife had her head torn off her spine at a red light.

my brother didn't buy this and moved down here with his bikes. That same weekend the motorcycle club he joined lost a 40+ year rider (everyday) when he was broadsided at and intersection when they blew threw a red light.

I know if I ride, I will be killed by it here and nothing I can do can change it.

fear <> stupidity.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
no bro. I am not scared of pretty much anything. I do know I will end up hurt on a bike in my area. Most of car accidents came when I was stopped. My ex-wife had her head torn off her spine at a red light.

my brother didn't buy this and moved down here with his bikes. That same weekend the motorcycle club he joined lost a 40+ year rider (everyday) when he was broadsided at and intersection when they blew threw a red light.

I know if I ride, I will be killed by it here and nothing I can do can change it.

fear <> stupidity.

The world is a better place with you in it? :wub::whiste:

Stay scared bro.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
With modern bullets and powder, .25 and .32 are much better for self protection than they used to be.
That being said, they are not optimum but may be all a smaller person/woman can handle. In either case, shot placement is critical. So practice, practice, practice. And when you get good, practice some more.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
The world is a better place with you in it? :wub::whiste:

Stay scared bro.

Personal attack aside.

In the past 10 days I tried to save 5 newborn kittens. Last one died yesterday. It was a lost cause without a real mom, but I tried.

As of three days ago, we have 3 more kittens that are eyes open and active. They will probably live.

This week I have donated $100 dollars to just kids/people collecting money at a shopping door from my wallet/pocket.

I know most don't give a shit about animal causes here so I won't even mention them.

I send away about another $100 per week to charities I know have most of the donations going to the cause.

To top all this off, people like your bad ass self have called me out saying "yeah right".

So I have provided receipts to prove those donations.

I am making the world a BETTER place, what the fuck have you done?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Jules, alkemyst, stop fighting in here! :colbert:

As for glocks...I don't really like the way they look and they don't seem terribly comfortable to me. There's just nothing really special about them, I dunno. Pretty solid and maintenance free, I've heard, though.

stop fighting me. I don't like glocks because they are uncomfortable.

I carry a knife and OC spray. What do you carry colbert?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
With modern bullets and powder, .25 and .32 are much better for self protection than they used to be.
That being said, they are not optimum but may be all a smaller person/woman can handle. In either case, shot placement is critical. So practice, practice, practice. And when you get good, practice some more.

most of those guns are an accident waiting to happen with hot ammo.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Personal attack aside.

In the past 10 days I tried to save 5 newborn kittens. Last one died yesterday. It was a lost cause without a real mom, but I tried.

As of three days ago, we have 3 more kittens that are eyes open and active. They will probably live.

This week I have donated $100 dollars to just kids/people collecting money at a shopping door from my wallet/pocket.

I know most don't give a shit about animal causes here so I won't even mention them.

I send away about another $100 per week to charities I know have most of the donations going to the cause.

To top all this off, people like your bad ass self have called me out saying "yeah right".

So I have provided receipts to prove those donations.

I am making the world a BETTER place, what the fuck have you done?

Show me one single post where I called you out in any of your animal charity threads.

And I haven't attacked you in this thread. You started this nonsense with your comments about my motorcycle attire.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Show me one single post where I called you out in any of your animal charity threads.

And I haven't attacked you in this thread. You started this nonsense with your comments about my motorcycle attire.

It was world is a better place.

What have you done?

x-alki

Golden Member
Jun 2, 2007
God Damn Alkemyst, do you have to piss in every thread you post in?

Back on topic. kazaam, if you ever travel to the north central part of the state you are welcome to stop buy and shoot some of my guns.