YAGT: OMG I love guns

Page 478 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
You got yours for UNDER the suggested retail price, as it should be.

Maybe I should just order online and pay the 10 dollar transfer fee. Much better that way.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Wow. I'm not sure what MSRP is, but with shipping and everything mine came to a little over $1700 from Bud's Guns.

I had went to Cabelas a couple months ago and asked them about Tavors, they said they'd have to look for one and then order it. They called me back a couple weeks later and said it would be $2,000. Fuck that noise.
I find Cabela's to be notoriously overpriced, albeit convenient.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
wish I could get 10 buck transfers
Yikes, yeah, that's incredibly low. I paid $50 for the transfer at a local gun shop. I like the gun shop so I paid that price, although I could've paid $30 or $35 from some dude who had an FFL (he was on Bud's list of FFLs).

Go for it shorty! It's a great rifle, and that $10 fee is tits.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
I had a local transfer from a guy in the Air Force reserve for $15. He is about to retire from the AF and plans to work on guns full time. He will have my business for sure.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
P90s and other modern guns shouldn't be collectibles. Things like Garands are collectibles :)

I'm just prepping for decades down the road when all these guns are replaced with new "modern" guns as even the Garand was plentiful and wouldn't have been considered collectible once upon a time. That and..

Of course it's not worth it. But it's the Stargate gun! :D

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I just remembered the place that charges 10 for a transfer fee also charges 40 for a background check.

Bastards. I need to see if one of my neighbors has a dealer license.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
25 is the standard around me.

the new shooting range/gun shop charges $40 :eek:

their other pricing is about as over inflated...

BlitzPuppet

Platinum Member
Feb 4, 2012
The bulk majority of the guns I buy are C&R eligible so I don't have to pay a dime in transfer fees as they're shipped directly to my door.

I went to the shooting range yesterday and renewed my passion in hating AR15 type rifles all over again. Was at an indoor range and was shooting my PTR and Walther along with my buddy's glock and ruger. The lanes are not too shabby and are adequately shielded with sound insulation and deep lane dividers. While we were shooting I felt the unmistakable compression feeling you get when someone is shooting a rifle with a muzzle brake/compensator. I had a look when my buddy and I took turns shooting and caught glimpse of a guy in the lane next to us who had an AR who was in the middle of bragging that he had "more in the rifle than he had paid for his truck".

Why do .22(3)s need muzzle brakes? It makes no sense :(

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
The bulk majority of the guns I buy are C&R eligible so I don't have to pay a dime in transfer fees as they're shipped directly to my door.

I went to the shooting range yesterday and renewed my passion in hating AR15 type rifles all over again. Was at an indoor range and was shooting my PTR and Walther along with my buddy's glock and ruger. The lanes are not too shabby and are adequately shielded with sound insulation and deep lane dividers. While we were shooting I felt the unmistakable compression feeling you get when someone is shooting a rifle with a muzzle brake/compensator. I had a look when my buddy and I took turns shooting and caught glimpse of a guy in the lane next to us who had an AR who was in the middle of bragging that he had "more in the rifle than he had paid for his truck".

This is a lot of the reason I will never go shooting at ranges. Other people.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
25 is the standard around me.

the new shooting range/gun shop charges $40 :eek:

their other pricing is about as over inflated...

I've noticed ranges tend to have higher prices than just plain gun stores. But they also tend to have helpful people.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009

you can brake them down to almost zero felt recoil for insanely accurate and fast follow up shots

but why would anyone want that on any gun?!?!

():)

SeaSerpent

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2001
Picked up a new Springfield M1A Scout Squad yesterday, cant wait to take it out. Ordered a reflex sight, 2-25 round mags and a sling.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I am amazed that these expensive rifles come in shitty cardboard boxes. For that kind of money you'd think they would have a halfway decent plastic case included with the thing.

Expensive pistols normally do. My Glock 42 had a nice hard box with cutout foam and a cleaning kit and everything was neatly set in there. Springfield pistols have REALLY nice boxes.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I am amazed that these expensive rifles come in shitty cardboard boxes. For that kind of money you'd think they would have a halfway decent plastic case included with the thing.

Expensive pistols normally do. My Glock 42 had a nice hard box with cutout foam and a cleaning kit and everything was neatly set in there. Springfield pistols have REALLY nice boxes.

True stuff. My XDm box is insane. I actually use it to transport delicate stuff if I'm going hiking/camping/the beach/etc. because it's so damned durable and locks tightly.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
True stuff. My XDm box is insane. I actually use it to transport delicate stuff if I'm going hiking/camping/the beach/etc. because it's so damned durable and locks tightly.

Maybe it is just me, but I have my own cases/bags that I use to transport my weapons. Manufacturer boxes and accessories all go into a closet or box in the garage to only be seen again if I sell the weapon. I only appreciate the plastic clamshells because they hold up better instead of getting crushed or falling apart like the cardboard ones.