YAGT: Girlfriend mad at me because I got us free Mini golf...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Originally posted by: RIGorous1
Originally posted by: dtyn
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: Ladies Man
kick her in the shin and toss her to the curb

don't put up with that crap

Yea, that's the right thing to do. Don't talk to her about it or anything, that would be wrong.
rolleye.gif

WTF should he? She needs to grow the hell up and stop jumping to massive conclusions.

Well if he cares about her at all, he'll tell her how he feels and they'll discuss it. People give up way to easily on relationships.

Another thing I should say is that I've been with her for over 4 years now and I've put up with all kinds of crap like this... from what I've understood from her she thinks I'll have sex with any girl who comes up to me willing.

All of this evilness stemmed from this one time I was very close with another girl who was totally into me (and I was kinda into her too). I hung out with this girl for awhile and talked to her a little, however I never had sex or kissed or anything. When my gf found out she got really pissed and said I cheated on her. Is that really cheating?

Anyways I've been putting up with this crap for so long because she's really sweet when things are good. She cooks, she cleans, she's good looking, she's smart, etc. At what point would you guys call it quits? Cause I'm having trouble balancing if she's worth staying with...

Shes way too jealous. You need to correct that or get rid of her. There's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to be friends with other women, just like there is no reason she shouldn't be allowed to be friends with other guys. If she doesn't trust you enough, she either needs to start trusting you or find someone else who doesn't mind dealing with all that jealous BS.

I'm sorry but after 4 years if she thinks you'll have sex with any girl who comes up to you willing, she's f'd up in the head and more trouble than shes worth.

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002

and then go fvck the chick that gave you the free games.. :beer:

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Yea, that's the right thing to do. Don't talk to her about it or anything, that would be wrong.
rolleye.gif

WTF should he? She needs to grow the hell up and stop jumping to massive conclusions.

Well if he cares about her at all, he'll tell her how he feels and they'll discuss it. People give up way to easily on relationships.

Another thing I should say is that I've been with her for over 4 years now and I've put up with all kinds of crap like this... from what I've understood from her she thinks I'll have sex with any girl who comes up to me willing.

All of this evilness stemmed from this one time I was very close with another girl who was totally into me (and I was kinda into her too). I hung out with this girl for awhile and talked to her a little, however I never had sex or kissed or anything. When my gf found out she got really pissed and said I cheated on her. Is that really cheating?

Anyways I've been putting up with this crap for so long because she's really sweet when things are good. She cooks, she cleans, she's good looking, she's smart, etc. At what point would you guys call it quits? Cause I'm having trouble balancing if she's worth staying with...

You've done something in the past that obviously violated her trust in you.... talk to her about it and either fix it or admit the relationship is broken beyond repair and end it with some dignity,but don't come here crying to guys who've never had even a date looking for advice that makes her out to be the bad guy and looking for validation to make an obviously hurt person feel even more like a piece of dung.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Just drop it for now... wait for an opportunity to turn it around and pretend to start an argument with her because some guy flirted with her. Then tell her you weren't serious about being mad, but to think about how bad it was making her feel. Then remind her of the golf course incident and how bad she made you feel by unfairly accusing you of flirting... THEN, have a heart to heart talk with her about jealousy.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Your girlfriend is a jealous, immature idiot. She likely will never change. Either dump her, or put up with it and quit whining.

And forget asking the guys around here about what to do, most of their girlfriends are either imaginary or inflatable.

Hankysmoo

Golden Member
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: DrPizza
Just drop it for now... wait for an opportunity to turn it around and pretend to start an argument with her because some guy flirted with her. Then tell her you weren't serious about being mad, but to think about how bad it was making her feel. Then remind her of the golf course incident and how bad she made you feel by unfairly accusing you of flirting... THEN, have a heart to heart talk with her about jealousy.

Something tells me this plan will backfire...trust me, I've done it myself.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

rolleye.gif

You've done something in the past that obviously violated her trust in you.... talk to her about it and either fix it or admit the relationship is broken beyond repair and end it with some dignity,but don't come here crying to guys who've never had even a date looking for advice that makes her out to be the bad guy and looking for validation to make an obviously hurt person feel even more like a piece of dung.

That kind of insecurity isn't something you just go out and "fix". However it got there, be it an innate characteristic of his g/f or the result of some percieved or real indiscretion, it's there and it won't go away easily if at all.

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

rolleye.gif

That kind of insecurity isn't something you just go out and "fix". However it got there, be it an innate characteristic of his g/f or the result of some percieved or real indiscretion, it's there and it won't go away easily if at all.

Hrm... speaking from personal experience? I seriously don't know what to do and I could use some more advise... I mean yeah I can put up with it sometimes, but lately I've been feeling really down over her attitude toward the realtionship. We've been together for 4 years now, but tradition shouldn't be a reason to continue. I'm so torn over this. I mean she totally doesn't trust me now, I can't even have girl acquantances. If a girl so much as calls me she's giving me the 3rd degree, and if I ever get caught talking to a girl she'd walk out on me.

I love her and all, but what's a man's freedom worth?

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Astaroth33

rolleye.gif

Hrm... speaking from personal experience? I seriously don't know what to do and I could use some more advise... I mean yeah I can put up with it sometimes, but lately I've been feeling really down over her attitude toward the realtionship. We've been together for 4 years now, but tradition shouldn't be a reason to continue. I'm so torn over this. I mean she totally doesn't trust me now, I can't even have girl acquantances. If a girl so much as calls me she's giving me the 3rd degree, and if I ever get caught talking to a girl she'd walk out on me.

I love her and all, but what's a man's freedom worth?

Yes, I am speaking from personal experience. We ended up breaking up over it, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to give you advice on this matter (unless that's the advice you're looking for).

I can tell you that my ex g/f and I are much better as friends than we were as a couple.

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
I'm no expert, and I didn't read the whole thread, but I would just say "look, I didn't flirt with her, I don't know why she gave us the free game. Stop being so damn insecure and paranoid. How am I supposed to trust you if you won't even trust me about something as stupid and trivial as this?"

My 2 cents.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: aves2k
Originally posted by: jumpr
I want to hear from luvly.
Please, God. No.

She's banned.

Haha, I was just joking btw.

Banned? Really? What for?

What did she get banned for?

And since you wanted her advice...

[Luvly] It's all your fault because youre a male and not confident enough, so it's ok if she cheats on you. Don't try to make a false dichitomy out of this situation. If anyone wants to see pictures of me, I have some, but my head is cut off for privacy reasons. [/Luvly]

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
Originally posted by: aves2k
Originally posted by: jumpr
I want to hear from luvly.
Please, God. No.

She's banned.

Haha, I was just joking btw.

Banned? Really? What for?

What did she get banned for?

And since you wanted her advice...

[Luvly] It's all your fault because youre a male and not confident enough, so it's ok if she cheats on you. Don't try to make a false dichitomy out of this situation. If anyone wants to see pictures of me, I have some, but my head is cut off for privacy reasons. [/Luvly]

Heh, that must be recent (her banishment, that is). What specific incident finally pushed the mods over the edge? I'd be interested to see that...

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Heh, that must be recent (her banishment, that is). What specific incident finally pushed the mods over the edge? I'd be interested to see that...

Yeah, that's what I want to know as well.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Tell her that a 3some is a good thing.

Also don't forget to mention that you and the ticket lady got it on in front of everyone.