YAGT: Girlfriend mad at me because I got us free Mini golf...

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
So I was with my girlfriend the other day at Boomers and as I got to the front of the line the nice cashier looked at me, smiled (naturally I smiled back), and gave me free mini golf for 2 instead of taking my $20 bill...

the next thing I know my gf comes over to the counter and she's pissed off at me, accussing me of flirting with her inorder to get the golf. The whole night she's mad at me over this, and we end up having a terrible time playing mini golf as she says she'd rather be happy if we'd paid for it instead of that "bitch" giving it to us.

I have to admit the girl was "good" looking, however I didn't flirt and I had no interest in her. Do you think my girl is over reacting? what should I do now?

wedi42

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Ladies Man
kick her in the shin and toss her to the curb

don't put up with that crap

that is funny coming from 'ladies man'

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002

Yea, that's the right thing to do. Don't talk to her about it or anything, that would be wrong.
rolleye.gif

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dtyn

Yea, that's the right thing to do. Don't talk to her about it or anything, that would be wrong.
rolleye.gif

WTF should he? She needs to grow the hell up and stop jumping to massive conclusions.

Monel Funkawitz

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Tell her the only way to settle this is a nude female mud pit wrestling match. I'll be the ref to be sure it is fair. :)

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Hmm.. I don't think you should have taken the free game. Unless you were like the 100th person of the day or something. Remember some people do sh!t just to hurt relationships..

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
You should have a talk with her about how much she trusts you. If she doesn't trust you, you can either work on building up trust in your relationship or move on.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Millennium

rolleye.gif

WTF should he? She needs to grow the hell up and stop jumping to massive conclusions.

Well if he cares about her at all, he'll tell her how he feels and they'll discuss it. People give up way to easily on relationships.

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: oniq
Hmm.. I don't think you should have taken the free game. Unless you were like the 100th person of the day or something. Remember some people do sh!t just to hurt relationships..

Well I was by myself when I got the mini golf... my girl went to the bathroom so I told her that I'd jump ahead and pay for the tickets since there was a long line.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

rolleye.gif

Well if he cares about her at all, he'll tell her how he feels and they'll discuss it. People give up way to easily on relationships.

Not saying to break up with her, but I would have just ignored it. Fights over trivial things like this tend to dredge up prior fights and can ruin a relationship for sure. Just say "yes dear" smile and nod and then laugh to yourself.

oniq

Banned
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: RIGorous1

Well I was by myself when I got the mini golf... my girl went to the bathroom so I told her that I'd jump ahead and pay for the tickets since there was a long line.

You didn't ask why she was giving you free tickets?

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002

rolleye.gif

Not saying to break up with her, but I would have just ignored it. Fights over trivial things like this tend to dredge up prior fights and can ruin a relationship for sure. Just say "yes dear" smile and nod and then laugh to yourself.

I agree. I probably would have ignored it too, but if anything, talk to her about it, don't "kick her to the curb".

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002

rolleye.gif

Another thing I should say is that I've been with her for over 4 years now and I've put up with all kinds of crap like this... from what I've understood from her she thinks I'll have sex with any girl who comes up to me willing.

All of this evilness stemmed from this one time I was very close with another girl who was totally into me (and I was kinda into her too). I hung out with this girl for awhile and talked to her a little, however I never had sex or kissed or anything. When my gf found out she got really pissed and said I cheated on her. Is that really cheating?

Anyways I've been putting up with this crap for so long because she's really sweet when things are good. She cooks, she cleans, she's good looking, she's smart, etc. At what point would you guys call it quits? Cause I'm having trouble balancing if she's worth staying with...

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002

You didn't ask why she was giving you free tickets?

no, but I think most people here can agree with me that whenever you get something for free you don't argue.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
The things men do for a piece of ass these days.........

She's a b*tch, but the fact that you don't have the cool to step away from such a retarted incident(argument) clearly shows your whipped and not to bright.

Be a man and tell her to f*ck off (in a nice way of course). Your girlfriend has serious jealousy issues and there's really nothing you can say that will fix such a problem.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002

rolleye.gif

Another thing I should say is that I've been with her for over 4 years now and I've put up with all kinds of crap like this... from what I've understood from her she thinks I'll have sex with any girl who comes up to me willing.

All of this evilness stemmed from this one time I was very close with another girl who was totally into me (and I was kinda into her too). I hung out with this girl for awhile and talked to her a little, however I never had sex or kissed or anything. When my gf found out she got really pissed and said I cheated on her. Is that really cheating?

Anyways I've been putting up with this crap for so long because she's really sweet when things are good. She cooks, she cleans, she's good looking, she's smart, etc. At what point would you guys call it quits? Cause I'm having trouble balancing if she's worth staying with...

Well, that's something only you can decide. If you think she's worth staying with when things are good, then shouldn't she be worth sticking with during rough times? I don't know either of you, so I can't tell you to stay with her or leave her. But I can say that if she's worth staying with during the good, shouldn't she be worth hanging with through the bad? Nothing is perfect.

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002

rolleye.gif

I tried... but she was so pissed... I mean very very pissed. She had that "mad dog" face the whole night and she would snap at my comments about her game play. The 18 holes just drudged on. I didn't fight about it, I wanted to move on, but she was so rattled that she wouldn't let go.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Get the number of the cashier. You know, just in case things don't work with the g/f.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
tell your girlfriend that you werent flirting and tell her to stop overreacting..

on the other hand, if a guy gave you and your GF a free round of golf cause he thought she was cute, would you be pissed? if not, then use the above advice.