YAEWBT - Yet another existing while black thread. Modified to all purpose harassment

Page 47 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So have you virtue signalers waffled and backtracked enough to admit this wasn't racism? Or does this thread need to go on for a few more days while you slowly come around to the fact?
I work with PhDs. Not once ever has one interrupted someone at a meeting to demand that they be addressed as "doctor". It's ridiculous, and you all know it.
If this was an obnoxious middle aged entitled white woman who interrupted a meeting to demand that she be referred to as "doctor" this would be a comedy thread and every single one of you would be laughing at her for it.
You are blinded by skin tone, and see racism where it does not exist.
And I'm here to help you through it.
A quick search on this thread reveals you don't believe ANY of the entries are examples of racism.

Says a lot. Even the Ahmed Arbury case where this man was lynched in the streets of GA by a bunch of white guys you tried to shift blame to the dead black man.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
So have you virtue signalers waffled and backtracked enough to admit this wasn't racism? Or does this thread need to go on for a few more days while you slowly come around to the fact?
I work with PhDs. Not once ever has one interrupted someone at a meeting to demand that they be addressed as "doctor". It's ridiculous, and you all know it.
If this was an obnoxious middle aged entitled white woman who interrupted a meeting to demand that she be referred to as "doctor" this would be a comedy thread and every single one of you would be laughing at her for it.
You are blinded by skin tone, and see racism where it does not exist.
And I'm here to help you through it.
Dude, WTF are you to be the judge and jury on what is racism and what isn't. You don't have to specifically say the N word to say the N word. Repeat after me, YOU do not, NEED to say the N word, to SAY the N word.

It absolutely Grinds my fucking gears when white people decide what is racism and what isn't racism, when they haven't experienced any fucking racism or the effects of it, in their life.

Feb 4, 2009
Dude, WTF are you to be the judge and jury on what is racism and what isn't. You don't have to specifically say the N word to say the N word. Repeat after me, YOU do not, NEED to say the N word, to SAY the N word.

It absolutely Grinds my fucking gears when white people decide what is racism and what isn't racism, when they haven't experienced any fucking racism or the effects of it, in their life.

I suspect this is an alt account for him & he previously strongly implied he is not an American.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
sigh....

Unpopular opinion.
I haven't seen the video of the lights out so I'm not going to comment on situation with the headlights.
She caught the Troopers attention for tailgating and then got his attention again for failing to use signal when merging back into the lane.
Legit get your ass pulled over and I fully support every officer to ticket anyone who tailgates or changes lanes without using their signal.

Now for more unpopular opinion..
Her driving after getting lit up goes beyond an acceptable level of "Crap, I'm getting pulled over". I do not fault the officer for making the decision to ask the driver out of the vehicle based on the musical chairs of driving she did.

Now for the WTF...
Dude, instead of pulling the "busted tail light out" of your ass, go with the blatantly obvious.
Tailgating, unsafe lane change were the reasons for the stop and your erratic driving after I turned on the lights is the reason why I am asking you to step out of the car for a DUI check.

Mar 11, 2004
Unpopular opinion.
I haven't seen the video of the lights out so I'm not going to comment on situation with the headlights.
She caught the Troopers attention for tailgating and then got his attention again for failing to use signal when merging back into the lane.
Legit get your ass pulled over and I fully support every officer to ticket anyone who tailgates or changes lanes without using their signal.

Her driving after getting lit up goes beyond an acceptable level of "Crap, I'm getting pulled over". I do not fault the officer for making the decision to ask the driver out of the vehicle based on the musical chairs of driving she did.

Now for the WTF...
Dude, instead of pulling the "busted tail light out" of your ass, go with the blatantly obvious.
Tailgating, unsafe lane change were the reasons for the stop and your erratic driving after I turned on the lights is the reason why I am asking you to step out of the car for a DUI check.

Here's a better video than the CNN one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...9b05ca-b105-4c6e-b975-31c04c1efcb9_video.html

I can see her saying she was trying to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle, as she changes signals several times like she isn't sure if she needs to move back onto the freeway or stay right but then she should have pulled all the way over to move out of the way of an emergency vehicle.

I'm not seeing the tailgating, although I'm sure you could argue she was too close to the car ahead but they acted like she was right behind the car ahead and the video I saw doesn't show that. I see people do worse than that all the time in front of cops and they don't do a goddamn thing about it (including police themselves constantly fucking doing that type of shit) so if that's their tailgating then eh. She had the wrong signal on when merging back on lane after pulling over on the exit ramp but acting like that's some huge thing that warrants anything is silly at best. I don't have an issue with her driving further on either, especially for a black person since as we end up seeing there's good reason to not pull over in a pretty secluded area because police seemingly can't not be shitty.

And there's the rub, minor procedural issues become worse when there's other issues, like when people of color and women have had to deal with a lot of fucked up shit from/by cops. I'm not even going to demonize the specific cops as I do think they were probably following procedure (and I can even buy their concern about her driving off again or using that as a means of seeing if she was inebriated if they believed that), but it shows how procedure policy that seems fairly benign can be anything but depending on situation. I can't speak to any other motives, and yep there's been proven issues with breathalyzers, so I get her refusing one there. And its probably their procedure to book her in that situation. But that's the issue when we have a lot of flawed things involved in every aspect of this, it snowballs. And this is a situation where relatively speaking it was rather minor. Because of all the other worse ones though we realize how easily/quickly it can spiral out of control. And that's why they're making a fuss about this.

Geller, with the state police, said troopers made no reference to Brooks' ethnicity or gender.

This is so fucking stupid to say that it just shows how broken their entire mentality is.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Unpopular opinion.

Now for the WTF...
Why don't we just deploy thousands and thousands of ED-209's as hwy patrol.

You have 15 seconds to comply....14,5,2,1....

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Get shot at.
Drive away from people shooting
Get handcuffed and car searched.
Officer finds something and assumes its Molly
Tells guy that "it tested positive for Molly"
Watch video for what it actually was

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Trying to refi your home while black.
If you're black its worth 100-125K
If you're white? It's worth 259K

Black homeowner launches legal fight after property value doubled when she used white man as a stand in for estimate

I hope she wins big.
but...but...but we are told systemic racism doesn't exist.

Even if you are famous being black is an impediment
D.L. Hughley Discusses What Happened When He Ignored Advice to Remove Black Photos from a Home He Was Selling (atlantablackstar.com)

Nov 8, 2012
but...but...but we are told systemic racism doesn't exist.

Even if you are famous being black is an impediment
D.L. Hughley Discusses What Happened When He Ignored Advice to Remove Black Photos from a Home He Was Selling (atlantablackstar.com)

Uhhh, realtors commonly tell people selling their home to take down personal photos.... Regardless of race.

The point they make is to make people going through your house psychologically imagine their family lives there instead of thinking of someone else's family.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Uhhh, realtors commonly tell people selling their home to take down personal photos.... Regardless of race.

The point they make is to make people going through your house psychologically imagine their family lives there instead of thinking of someone else's family.
More examples of the so called non existent systemic racism.
Black Couple Says They Were Lowballed on Home Price Because of Race (insider.com)

Have to hide the black wife. Not to different from "taking down a picture"
Couple says they faced discrimination in home appraisal because of wife's race | GMA (goodmorningamerica.com)

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000

I'm starting to think that you're not playing dumb anymore.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I have seen articles where sellers are advised to remove family photos. In the case of DL Hugely if you are a perspective buyer you know it's his house. Having his family pictures has almost zero chance of being distracting. If Jay Leno is selling his house he won't have to remove pictures. That still doesn't excuse having have white stand-ins to get fair value for your house.

Having said that, you are right in what you said about him

Nov 8, 2012

Perhaps you can reverse it and start to maybe realize you're retarded?

I literally sold my house 2 years ago. Realtor advised us to take down family photos, and a quick google or youtube search will tell you this is common knowledge among the industry.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

I literally sold my house 2 years ago. Realtor advised us to take down family photos, and a quick google or youtube search will tell you this is common knowledge among the industry.
For showing a house to a potential buyer, sure that makes some sense.
For an appraisal, it should be entirely irrelevant. And that's the point of contention.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Did you have to hide your black wife? I guess no systemic racism there.

railer

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2000

Nope. It's racist. Has to be. Everything is racist.
Also zillow.com doesn't know what color a homeowners skin is, but I'm sure home values must be racist too. It's the only possible explanation.

So if white people want to get their assessments lowered, all they have to do is hang up pictures of black folk to fool the auditor into thinking black people own the house, and their assessment will magically be slashed according to you pea-brains? Good lord this thread is hilarious.

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Also zillow.com doesn't know what color a homeowners skin is, but I'm sure home values must be racist too. It's the only possible explanation.

So if white people want to get their assessments lowered, all they have to do is hang up pictures of black folk to fool the auditor into thinking black people own the house, and their assessment will magically be slashed according to you pea-brains? Good lord this thread is hilarious.

You find examples of systemic racism hilarious? Smh.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Your ignorance is profound . . . and disgusting.